yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good evening,

I was wondering if somebody knows how to pull off a gold burst like in the Lego games, SteamWorld Dig 2 or Treasurenauts?
I already got working coins (on map) with animations and sound, but I would like to make some (or all) burst into smaller coins. Lucky enough such a tileset was posted earlier this week for the DragonBones plugin.
Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,
Arend Galenkamp
ViegolTech
#Almanac

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want a bunch of little gold sparkles on collecting a coin, I'd suggest making an animation for the sparkles in the database? Then, you can just play that animation as part of the 'collect' process on the event, using the Show Animation command (on page 2, probably centered on the coin event itself). You can check the effect with one of the sparkly heal animations to make sure it does the general thing you want, before making a custom animation.

Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Dokter_Q, yeah that seems like the best possible solution without using a plugin for loose collectibles. This is more like how SteamWorld Dig 2 did it with light, life and water recourses. It still improves game feel, but not as much as the Lego games and Treasurenauts did where the player has to collect spit out money themselves after activating an event. I'll keep this thread open for a bit longer in case someone replies with another idea. Thank you anyway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So trying our Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol
There's a new born faction in my country called "Sunda Empire" claiming they have right to rule over the earth and sun... I don't know what to feel...
Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zetheir