Gold burst on map

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Arend Galenkamp, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Arend Galenkamp

Arend Galenkamp I DO STUFF Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Good evening,

I was wondering if somebody knows how to pull off a gold burst like in the Lego games, SteamWorld Dig 2 or Treasurenauts?
    I already got working coins (on map) with animations and sound, but I would like to make some (or all) burst into smaller coins. Lucky enough such a tileset was posted earlier this week for the DragonBones plugin.
    Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,
    Arend Galenkamp
    ViegolTech
    #Almanac

2. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you want a bunch of little gold sparkles on collecting a coin, I'd suggest making an animation for the sparkles in the database? Then, you can just play that animation as part of the 'collect' process on the event, using the Show Animation command (on page 2, probably centered on the coin event itself). You can check the effect with one of the sparkly heal animations to make sure it does the general thing you want, before making a custom animation.

3. Arend Galenkamp

Arend Galenkamp I DO STUFF Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey Dokter_Q, yeah that seems like the best possible solution without using a plugin for loose collectibles. This is more like how SteamWorld Dig 2 did it with light, life and water recourses. It still improves game feel, but not as much as the Lego games and Treasurenauts did where the player has to collect spit out money themselves after activating an event. I'll keep this thread open for a bit longer in case someone replies with another idea. Thank you anyway!