Status
Not open for further replies.

R_Dog123

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Recently I have been working on an easy gold randomizer for dungeon chest loot. And I have made it through Controlling Variables. 

However, I got a small line of script from the internet that I assumed told the player how much Gold he got from the chest.

But I was wrong.... Here is the script. (it is seriously only like 5 letters)

(\v[4])

bandicam 2014-01-06 22-18-30-718.jpg 

This is what it does when you walk over it...

bandicam 2014-01-06 22-23-49-956.jpg

But as you can see in the top left corner, the character had actually looted 27 Gold. 

Is there a script that would tell the player how much Gold he got? 

And if not how should I go about this. 

P.S.

I couldn't find the Script Support Forum so I posted here, sorry if that is an inconvenience. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your event is set up properly, with 1 problem.  You're using variable 6 to randomize the gold you gained, but you're using variable 4 in the text display.

In \v[x], x refers to the variable id.

R_Dog123

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm new to this stuff. 

That worked. 

Thank you!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Note - this is not a script. This is an event. Script in RPG Maker means something else completely, so your thread title is a little misleading. Just for future reference ;)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol
WE ARE THE BORG. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
D2R save files are so broken. how was the beta test better then the full release. blizzard's last hope crashed and burned.
they're getting no more chances from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keda27