TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright so this is the weirdest problem I've run into thus far working on my game, until a day or two ago the gold was working fine, but now all of a sudden right after the tutorial battle the gold in the menu comes up as "NaN" even if the player doesn't get gold for completing the tutorial. And if you save and try to reload an error pops up, but if I have a chest or other event give them gold, then it works fine.
I hadn't messed with any plugin settings related to gold until after this first showed up either.

Here are screenshots of everything I thought might be of use in figuring this out
Screenshot (577).png Screenshot (578).png
Screenshot (576).png
If screenshots of anything else would help, just let me know

EDIT: I added an option to ski;p the tutorial battle/cutscene and when you skip the cutscene the gold windows fine, but for some reason, I can't comprehend if you watch the tutorial it just... Breaks
Screenshot (579).png Screenshot (580).png Screenshot (581).png Screenshot (582).png Screenshot (583).png Screenshot (584).png

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm thinking it might be something to do with the More Currencies plugin. If you disable that, then play through the tutorial, does it still happen? If it doesn't, check to make sure you've got that plugin set up correctly, in the right order in the list.

Also see if any of the switches in your cutscene (I only see one) are used by plugins anywhere.

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz Just finished trying both of those solutions, and both times as soon as the cutscene ended it said I had "NaN" gold. I'm going to create a copy of my project and tinker with that one to try and see if I'm going to have to gut and redo my main project file (hopefully not though I've gotten a lot of work done ;_;)

EDIT: Nevermind I'm just stupid, :headshake: the whole problem was a wild goose chase of my own invention, I had changed something (incorrectly) in the Yep Enemy Levels plugin, and that's what was causing the error. But I've got it sorted out now
Thanks for helping me figure this out, it would've taken a whole lot longer to sort out this mess by myself :guffaw:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Plague Inc. has released some virus in China. Judging by game experience we should go to Greenland. (And then Greenland shall somehow be infected.
Cheerleaders are my favorite thing on Czech hockey. Too bad they're the only thing worth watching on it.
meet with Quon,
the goddess of Rakuen (circle mascot)
It turns out that if I set the collider to 0,0,0,0 before despawning an event.... QMovement will actually play nice with Galv Event Spawner! :LZSexcite:
So I cloned an event in MV today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniparab