Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm attempting to create a level in my project, where main heroes ride a wagon in goldmine (mechanics and wagon physics are already done), but I need some help with creating a visual aspect of that level and for that I need a wagon able to fit 3 characters at the same time... Well I created (crap) that kind of wagon: https://prnt.sc/v6kz6i

As you can see the party leader is barely visible, due the default MV/MZ wagons image cell is 48x48 pixels. So I just wanted to ask professional artists, how you would overcome this issue?

(Resizing default wagon is out of question, because it's getting blurry and art style is getting dissolved

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think there is no choice but to make the wagon larger. This will also be more realistic than three people who are all 48x48 size occupying the same tiny space.
If you absolutely have to keep the wagon to the 48x48 size, you could try just having the party leader showing - to represent the whole party.
If you want I could try to do an edit of the default wagon image in a larger size without losing quality?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I appreciate that. Wagon doesn't need to be exacly 48x48 size, but it would be nice if it looks good on these default rail tracks.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Soulrender, hmm you think this would be a better idea.

Just my two cents.

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wagon.png How about something like this? I've included the MZ rails as a size reference - it's not a perfect fit but I think it works well enough. If you like it I'll do the whole charset.

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That plugin does look pretty swish! Let me know which option you go for and if you still want me to make the resized version.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ophiucus Games Wow, this looks really great! Also that plugin also looks amazing. Please continue work, that minecart plugin I'll use in another cart scene :) where actually each team member will throw objects at enemies (GALV's Map projectiles plugin) :)
@Kupotepo I also thank you for that plugin's link :)

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wagon.png

Here you go! Would love to see how it looks with your characters in.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I implement some obstacles/enemies, funny dialouges then it will be even more fun :]
(Now I'm working on dialouges there) ;]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

working hard working hard working hard >:)
Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kalamar_Sinn