Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
GoliaC Header Done.png

Hi I'm Former_Sky, I've been making games on RPG Maker 1 for about 13 years now. Friends and other colleagues have been pushing me to put my ideas on a more visible platform for a while now, so here is my newest idea. This is my first project on a PC maker.

My idea and motivation was to make a great fishing game. In my opinion, the gaming market has many good fishing games, like Sega Bass Fishing or Legend of the River King, but nothing great or amazing. In a nutshell, I want to make a better fishing game. Hopefully with Goliacanth I can achieve that.

About ten years ago, Pablo searched the land for the mystical Goliacanth, the god of water that will grant a wish to the one who catches him. With his wish he cured his sister Gloria from a terrible illness, and she survived. Now Pablo has fallen to the same illness, and Gloria seeks to return the favor. With her friend Emma by her side, it’s up to you to search the world and save Pablo.

How do you go about doing that? By exploring and fishing. You're given free reign to explore right from the get go and you can always move in several directions at all times. Fishing offers you the chance to catch fish, which act as items in a traditional rpg. Heal yourself with a carf, revive a party member with shrimphf, or find odd fish that have unusual properties that work as party members and keys.
However, not all areas of the world are welcoming, and sometimes you must throw down the gauntlet in quick, tactical rpg battles.
Perhaps there's another way....maybe that minotaur could be coaxed with a fish instead.

-Fifty fish to catch! Most will be used as items in battle, with a few helping in the overworld.
-A speedy fishing system. As soon as you cast out, you catch a fish. Quick reflexes will determine if you’re successful.
-Use different baits to catch rarer, more valuable fish.
-A large overworld, with lots of areas to explore. Those looking in nooks and crannies will be rewarded well.
-A combat system. In order to access fishing areas or treasure, sometimes you have to get your hands dirty.
-Several tools to help you, whether that’s a map for navigation, a raft to get around, and many more.
-Sidequests with story. There are some strange routes you can take in your story, and you will be rewarded for them.
-It's an open world fishing RPG adventure game!

Promo1.PNG
Promo2.PNG
Promo3.PNG
Promo4.PNG
Promo5.PNG
Promo6.PNG
Promo7.PNG
Promo8.PNG

How does the game look, are you interested in playing this or not? What kind of combat do you like from other games? Are there any other fishing games that you enjoy? Let me know!

Attachments

• GoliaC Header Done.png
    GoliaC Header Done.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Former_Sky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello all! I added some more paragraphs of information to the game in the synopsis, to give a better idea of how the game plays.

Also, to add a few things I forgot to mention in my initial post; I'd like to complete the game this year, and upon release the game will be free.

Former_Sky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A fair bit of new content has been made for the game over the last couple of weeks. First, I'm used Khas Lighting Script to add some lights and shadows to certain areas in the game. For the haunted mansion it is especially awesome.

Promo9.PNG
vs
Promo10.PNG

I've also finished a new sidequest. Once you head into the Crystal Caverns, you can uncover some bones that will start a treasure hunt, searching for hints to uncover more hints, leading to a grand prize.

Former_Sky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Edited the top post with a short bio and some questions, like how does the game look, are you interested in playing this or not? What kind of combat do you like from other games? Are there any other fishing games that you enjoy? Let me know!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif
demonow.jpg

Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace Alpha Demo is Officially LIVE on Steam!

>> DOWNLOAD AND PLAY THE DEMO ON STEAM NOW!
Firefly130984 wrote on WallCat's profile.
Hello, I would try to beta test your game.
Parallel I would write a guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richard6watkins