Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hello

I have a problem.

I'm a good eventer, but the only thing I don't know anything about is the Show Picture command.

I'm planning to make a scene where there's after a bit of talking a black slow flash and a landscape picture following after the flash where the people talk about, with the dialogue still going with the picture on. How do I do that? My picture seems to keep appearing at the left upper corner, even when "Center" is checked. Here are the screenshots:

1000x1000 test picture

The event settings:

The results:

If someone could help me out, my artist wants sizes of the pictures but I don't know what size is the best to cover the whole screen.

Stay safe

xSparkZx ~ Shards Lead Developer

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Alright thanks!

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Center is not where on the screen you want to put it, it's the origin of the picture.

The origin is always drawn in the upper-left.

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Yeah didn't know that, thanks :)

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Oh and how do I make the picture appear until "erase picture" has been activated?

They just seem to appear for a short time.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That is the default behavior. You are probably erasing them yourself without realizing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
xSparkZx, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Oh and how do I make the picture appear until "erase picture" has been activated?

They just seem to appear for a short time.
Then you're doing something wrong. By default all pictures stay visible until they are either erased or replaced.

Most probably you accidentally replace the old picture by using it's ID for a different picture, or a script interferes with your picture control.

Show us screenshots of your events and we can tell you what might be the cause of the vanishing pictures.

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Oh wait I've made a new plain event with just the show picture command and now it stays, this was the event where it failed:

I think it's the wait command that triggers it doesn't it?

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nowhere in that event are you erasing the picture, so it should always be displaying the picture.

xSparkZx

Shards Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I solved it, I don't know why it disappeared without a erase event command but when I made a new event it did work. So yeh, I'll just ignore that :D

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Go the the in-game Help file and search for "Resource Standards" to see what size everything should be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol
There's a new born faction in my country called "Sunda Empire" claiming they have right to rule over the earth and sun... I don't know what to feel...
Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porkipon