Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
I downloaded Good VS Evil: The Fateful Curse last night and I think it's fantastic; I love the game play and original artwork. I've not seen many side-scroller/shooter games made with RPG Maker and this one is made well. In my opinion It's difficulty is perfect as it's very challenging but not frustratingly impossible. I managed to make it to the "Final Battle" stage and came close to beating the end boss a couple of times but I've still not been able to beat the game. It's great fun to play and I hope I can complete it soon, good job Rikifive!  :)
YAY! Thank you for sharing your opinion! I'm really glad to hear that! =3

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Thankies! ^^

The characters (images) were made by the Staff of this forum ~ though not sure who exactly. ~ I've only slightly edited them to game's needs.

As for the sprites in game ~ these are community's characters. The sisters (animated Playable Character and Boss) were made by Nirwanda.

Nagasari

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thankies! ^^

The characters (images) were made by the Staff of this forum ~ though not sure who exactly. ~ I've only slightly edited them to game's needs.

As for the sprites in game ~ these are community's characters. The sisters (animated Playable Character and Boss) were made by Nirwanda.

Ah i see. it would be nice to have such a great team there. :3 Ok.  I will play it and prepare some feedback.

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
That game was quickly made for an event, that was organized on this forum. We were divided into teams, hence input from the others. ^^

Why, thanks ~ feel free to rant on that as much as you want. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

Nagasari

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's my feedback~ Your game is very unique, I love the opening scene, love the gameplay, it's simple yet addictive, ^^

my biggest and the only problem is : it's too hard for me to get pass the third level, XD could you give me some tips or maybe a trick?

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
(Sorry for inactivity - I had RL problems =P)

Thank you very much for your opinion! I'm very happy to hear (read) that! ^^

Hehe ~ try to keep your mana high (use pretty wisely) ~ using all of it at the beginning may cause troubles later. =P

Also a good strategy is to use the Spread Shot close to enemies, so a single enemy will take few bullets. ~ I think Spread Shot is way much more effective than a Fireball, though it depends on the situation.

After leveling up it should get much easier~

Eventually there's a cheat code that grants max level and quick MP regeneration. =P

Nagasari

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it's okay. :3 I'm not in rush, and thanks for the guide, I'll give this another go maybe tmr, there are 2-3 games in my list. cheat? sometimes i get stressed from

hard games, but that's another great way to have fun, so I would prefer not to ask it.hehe

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Oh, there are so many games made by the community, that I'd like and should play to give my 'support' to them, but I sincerely have no time, due to having tons of work both in RL duties and my free time (project(s)) ~ I feel so bad about that. =<

Okay then! ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) Good luck! =3

Creke Shrader

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have never played an RPG Maker game like this. For me it was unique, I found the art cute and well drawn. I could not pass the last level. I would go into my zen state and miss everything and then go in my rage state when I hit something haha. I kept getting so close too. If you can beat it that is impressive. Reminds me of some of the crazy bullet hell games that are created in Japan. I know with many of their games that make it to other Countries, they slap an easy setting on it. I like to think the easy setting is for a majority of us Americans haha. Keep up the good work.

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Glad to hear that! ^^

Many players seems to have problems with beating the game. It all really depends on experience with games like these. =P

I've played some Japan hardcore bullet hell games and now that was impressive how people manage to play that. =P

Thank you!

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Ah! I have sooo many projects to work on! =P

Though besides adding a proper ending, I consider that game as completed, so there will not be that much of content added. =P

Instead of that - I plan to make a sequel, that will have improved mechanics, more features and way much better gameplay + local multiplayer mode, but I'm really not sure when I'll find time for that! =P

But I'm really glad you're interested and thank you for your support! =3

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
@Marquise* Hmm.. More than a half of a year left ~ you know there are chances for that? :D It's hard to find some time on that many projects when having a job ~ I kinda miss being jobless and the freedom that was coming from it ~ But I'll really try to 'upgrade' the current game and make a sequel before end of this year. That will be my challenge. (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Thank you for your interest! :D  

Last edited by a moderator:

GethN7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really like some of the resources used by this project, and I was wondering if any of them, with proper attribution, can be used in other projects, so long as the responsible parties for the resources are credited. Also, was wondering if it would be restricted to noncommerical use only.

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Some of them should be usable I think ~ though it all depends on what resources you're having in mind.

Not everything in game was made by me, so the terms of use and credits are mixed.

A good start to look for some of these resources is that thread:

JeffPAWA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hey there Rikifive

Very nice game you did here! Loved it all the way through i've even made a playthoug if you'd like to watch

you could make money with this game it's that good I hope there will be a follow up or a sequel...although I haven't managed to beat it yet :p

you're awesome

Have a good one!

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey, hello! =3

I watched it and I found that entertaining! You're actually doing a great job there ~ You definitely have a potential! Good luck with your channel! ^^

Seeing somebody playing my game itself makes me laugh. xD

I'm really happy that you've played and enjoyed that! =3

And I'm actually surprised by your opinion ~ personally I think that game is not worth anything, but holy balls! Thank you!  :D

About the sequel ~ yes, it is planned, but currently I have so many projects under development. =P

As you have noticed, the game has many weird things like Nipple Lazers and/or useless followers etc.. ~ the game lacks of features and polishing, because it all was made in less than a month (if I remember correctly), due to deadline ... and I was kinda too lazy to add/fix these after release...*squeeeeeee*

But if there'll be a sequel, then it will be in much higher quality and have much more features! :D

Too bad you didn't manage to beat it yet, but you were pretty close! ;)

Thank you for giving it a try!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was working on grid movement and did this as a joke.

Or is it

New PC is built. Now I walk that fine line between wanting it NOW, and being responsible and waiting for the stress test to be finished. By this time tomorrow it'll be up and running. And my desk will have had a much-needed clean.
Remember to pet your astral kitty!

Unifying the code bases across MV and MZ for Haxe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brodyslav