Google Drive Bug with Files Names

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I have decided to store my game in the cloud so that I can access it from anywhere to work on it while I travel. I have encountered a bizarre bug with Google Drive that I would definitely appreciate ANY input on.

When I upload the game, the RPGMaker program seems to load the wrong images for the filenames. Below is an example. The main actor is set to display the graphic for the file titled $actor, however it displays the the graphic for the file titled $actorbowfired_sneak instead! So my guy walks around with the wrong graphic. When i delete "$actorbowfired_sneak" it simply moves to the next file, and displays the image for that, "$actorbow_sneak." What is going on here??Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Dymdez I would highly suggest not cloud saving your project with Google Drive's cloud saving (or any cloud saving service) to begin with- cloud saving in general and RPG Maker don't play nice together, like whatsoever. The only reason you should use Google Drive with RPG Maker is to save back-up copies and that is it.

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I appreciate that. I was hoping to find a method to work on my game no matter where I am in the world. Seems like a glitch that might be fixable, somehow.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@JtheDuelist is actually right. You might lose ALL your project if something goes wrong. You can ignore this, but if such an incident happens, you will be in trouble since there are not much that can be done really. Avoid editing directly on it.
You can copy paste it on desktop, do what you want, make a copy of it and upload it on Dropbox, all right, as long as you edit LOCALLY.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, don't risk it. You just have to look through the threads here to see what damage can be done.

If you want to work on your game no matter where you are in the world, stick it on a USB or use the cloud just to transfer it but don't edit from that source.

You're still going to need RPG Maker installed on whatever device you're using, and a license only allows you to install it on up to 2 computers that you own.

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Fair enough! Thanks

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Shaz Wait, hold the phone! Does that mean I'll have to buy MV AGAIN when my gaming computer arrives since I already have it on both my laptops from Steam?! What the bloody heck, man! I can't afford that!

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Smart move to make a new thread about that. This question would derail the original topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.
currently listening to Driftwood Gaming streaming some MZ dev time and it's delightful! had no idea they were this entertaining, love it
In quarantine, will be tested soon. This year is really something... special.
I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc1980