DragonRose35

Scaleything
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so... here's the deal. I got a new laptop about a month ago and was finally able to transfer all my files from the old one to this one. RPG Maker MV was among them. After going through the hassle of re-finding my product key, I booted RPG Maker up, started a new game file... and it works just as planned, right?

...uh, kind of?

My program is... let's say... bugged... I think.

1617650622087.png

Yeah. Bugged.

So, at first I wondered if it was the game file itself, the one I created. So I deleted it and made a new one. Nope, still does it.

Then I figured it was the program, right? So I uninstalled RPG Maker MV and reinstalled it, thinking I screwed something up in the process of transferring files.

It... still does it.

Honestly, it's harmless and doesn't do anything to the actual program itself, but damn is it annoying...

1617650744264.png
1617650862404.png
1617650912018.png

Please... help? I keep thinking I'm going to break my program and it won't be so harmless the longer I mess with it...

~ D.C.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like you graphic card have problems, not the RM itself. Try to install actual grpahics driver and check again.

DragonRose35

Scaleything
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it still be my graphics driver when it only does it with the RPG Maker program...?

I know I don't have a lot of experience with computers, but it sounds like it would be doing it with other programs too, if my graphics driver was the problem.

~ D.C.

Pots Talos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This happened to me while working in MV on my surface pro. Graphical drivers can fix the issue but I found that as my project got bigger and bigger the tablet couldn't handle it and the issue would come back.

DragonRose35

Scaleything
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, thank you. I'll try the driver thing and if it works, great. If not, I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm using a... Lenovo something laptop, I can't remember. (Really not good with computers. My roommate is the techy. He's actually the one that's going to help me with the driver thing when he gets home.) But hopefully the issue won't come back if it gets fixed.

~ D.C.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it still be my graphics driver when it only does it with the RPG Maker program...?
It definitely could be, if RPG Maker is giving certain instructions to your video card that other software isn't.
I know I don't have a lot of experience with computers, but it sounds like it would be doing it with other programs too, if my graphics driver was the problem.
Are those other programs video games? Does your laptop have a discrete graphics card, or something built into the motherboard?

DragonRose35

Scaleything
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It definitely could be, if RPG Maker is giving certain instructions to your video card that other software isn't.

Are those other programs video games? Does your laptop have a discrete graphics card, or something built into the motherboard?
I... have no idea what it is. And yes, unashamedly, those other programs are video games.

~ D.C.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am finally done making the 'superbosses' in my game!
I'm happy because oh my gosh they were a lot of work, but I'm also sad because I love database work... And also because I loved making stupid powerful bosses ._.
Question for anyone who reads Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript: do I sometimes get too "explainy" with the methods/functions? Would it be more useful if I stuck to explaining what the code is doing rather than also delving into minutiae of the technical side of it?
That moment when you try to figure out a color scheme for an alien ship so that it's something other than "Grey on Grey".
It's up for viewing! See what happened when EquestriAlert got tested in 1997... or was it a test? Did somepony hack the system? Or did somepony push the wrong switch? Even Adagio Dazzle (the owner of the channel) has no clue.

Can you put the pieces together? Don't worry, the game isn't over yet! There's more pieces to add on!
Why parodies are always underrated on your opinion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertSoria