Got MV battler resources instead of VXAce ones.

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, after attempting to buy Hibiki Katakura's Monsters Vol.2 through the webstore and having my card regetted three times, I went onto Steam and bought the version of the pack available to VX Ace. Normally, Hibiki's resources, since Lords of Darkness and Monsters Vol.1, come with VX Ace and MV versions, sized appropriately. While everything else in the pack I got off of Steam was for VX Ace, the battlers were for MV. All of my work is done on VX Ace and now I have battlers I can't use because of how much larger they are compared to the rest of the battlers I'm using. Is there anyone here that can help?

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, after attempting to buy Hibiki Katakura's Monsters Vol.2 through the webstore and having my card regetted three times, I went onto Steam and bought the version of the pack available to VX Ace. Normally, Hibiki's resources, since Lords of Darkness and Monsters Vol.1, come with VX Ace and MV versions, sized appropriately. While everything else in the pack I got off of Steam was for VX Ace, the battlers were for MV. All of my work is done on VX Ace and now I have battlers I can't use because of how much larger they are compared to the rest of the battlers I'm using. Is there anyone here that can help?
Can't you just size them down?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TimmyTheNerd ask Steam for an exchange to the correct product, that should be possible through their refund policy if you just purchased it. No one here can really help because the steam shop is handled differently. We would have been able to help you with the issue in this store, but not on steam.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TimmyTheNerd ask Steam for an exchange to the correct product, that should be possible through their refund policy if you just purchased it. No one here can really help because the steam shop is handled differently. We would have been able to help you with the issue in this store, but not on steam.
Ah. I understand what he meant, I didn't understand before :)

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried to go through the support process and it just lead me to RPGMakerWeb's support page. They wont let me get a refund cause it's been more than 24hrs.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They should give you a refund if they didn't give you the product that you purchased.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is that Degica cannot offer a package with graphics for multiple engines on Steam. Because of the way Steam requires you to own the engine you are purchasing the DLC for, Degica can only offer the graphics in a package for each individual engine. I hope that explanation made sense.

At any rate, I'm not sure there's anything to be done, but @Lunarea would really be the only one who could handle if there is something to be done. And just take care in the future to make sure you are purchasing on Steam for correct engine (not blaming you, it's an easy mistake, just a word of caution).

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@mlogan I DID purchase for the correct engine. I got MV resources instead of VX Ace ones. Here's two screenshots I took. The fault is not on me in this one.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are they actually different in this case? Are the Ace Battlers images and the MV Enemies images interchangeable? It could be that it's the same resources in both packs, and the name just says MV because someone forgot to rename them.

If that's not the case, resolution should be as simple as Degica staff putting the correct files into the package, and re-uploading them, then you downloading/refreshing the package - no need for exchanges/refunds or anything.

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't have access to the MV stuff cause I don't own MV or the MV pack. All I know is that these battlers are much larger than the VX Ace battlers from other Hibiki packs, meaning I can't use the human ones alongside the battlers from the other pack without it being clearly noticeable. The non-human battlers from the pack are fine since they can be big or small.

EDIT: The point I'm trying to make is the same battlers come in both packs, as far as I know, and these are just a lot larger than the other VX Ace battlers from Hibiki.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't have access to the MV stuff cause I don't own MV or the MV pack. All I know is that these battlers are much larger than the VX Ace battlers from other Hibiki packs, meaning I can't use the human ones alongside the battlers from the other pack without it being clearly noticeable. The non-human battlers from the pack are fine since they can be big or small.

EDIT: The point I'm trying to make is the same battlers come in both packs, as far as I know, and these are just a lot larger than the other VX Ace battlers from Hibiki.
I guess your only solution might really be to resize them.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the solution is to wait for a staff member see the screenshots and verify that the pack has the wrong contents, and to arrange to have it fixed.

If you buy a pack that says it's for use in Ace, then it should be formatted for Ace - you shouldn't have to resize them yourself. I'm sure it's just something that's been overlooked.

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Luckily I am very patient and have a lot of mapping to work on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurari