Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tiny change to the cave because I was an idiot who forgot how to draw crystals for about two days.
Crystal Cave BG VER2.png
Now that that's done, I'm starting to rework the intro scene (entrance to the cave), which will actually show the cutscene sprites instead of just
portraits.
1.png
and a little look at a character that will appear in GCR in the future... wonder if they're a friendly person oooo

Verdelite

Wannabe Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finally got aroung to trying this out!

I can only agree with the other posts: Your artstyle is really lovely and the dialogues are fun to read. I love the charming aesthetic of your game~ :kaoluv: I am particularly fond of Ishtar's battle menu sprite thing (the one on the left). Such a cool pose >w<

Some minor things I noticed (they're really minor):
- I was slightly confused with the weapon mark. Because the mark showed up in the 'armor' section of the inventory, I thought it was supposed to go onto the clothes. You did mention the difference between badges and marks but I guess I'm just easily confused.
- The skill description of Magebane Bullet doesn't completely fit into the text box
- A typo I noticed: I think 'savior' was misspelled around the time Croix first called you that

The dungeon mechanic was interesting as well! I usually dislike dungeons why am I playing rpgs again but the system made it easy to understand the layout (so no tedious labyrinths) and see your progress, so that made it fun. The random events also spiced things up a bit! I'm just thinking that you'll probably have to expect that most players will choose the "right" option since you can just save scum.
Overall, I think the balancing was fine. I didn't have trouble with any enemies but it still felt difficult enough to feel challenging.

One of the things that really made me want to play it is Ishtar's character design. I love his cape, it's so stylish. I chuckled at the detail that he made it himself. I'm guessing that the equip system will mostly be switching around the marks? Because I don't want to change his clothes lmao
So far, I really like Ishtar (and not only because of his cape, I swear) and his interaction with Croix is really cute as well.

I'm curious to see how the story develops! I was slightly dejected when the demo ended where it did because I was looking forward to seeing this Jasper person.

Keep up the good work!
also man, do I love Ishtar's cape

Last edited:

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Verdelite
Thank you for playing! I'm glad you liked it!:kaojoy:
Ohh the marks/badges, fortunately I've been able to get those sorted out since then. I'm not sure why badges/marks ended up in the 'armor category' (they're in their own section now)
Thanks for the heads up on the description/typo!

Happy to hear you like the dungeon style. Board games were probably my #1 inspiration for it, if I'm being honest.

Aaand you're right, equipment "upgrades" through marks and badges instead of actually buying new equipment.

Also... I'm very happy you like Ishtar! End goal is for the cast to be a group of lovable idiots people!
And Jasper... they'll show up... eventually :kaopride:
---
Thank you again for trying out my game, Verdelite!
And Ishtar is happy you like his cape!
[9] Ishtar Flattery.png

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Started working on the Refinery system yesterday, this is all pretty incomplete, but the basics are there!
Currently, all you need is money (Mel) for Refinements,
but I might go with material requirements instead, mostly to bypass the fact that the blacksmith herself
is playable... and she'd have to pay for her own refinements. Wouldn't make the most sense, I guess :rswt.

Also... this is the first time I've shown the full team!
Any of them catch your eye based on first impression?
3.png
5.png

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very small thing, but I've been working on customizing the menus:kaoslp:
I want to try and show something every month at least, even if it's... not much.
(the sparks in the first picture move)
6.png 7.png

Fireworker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love it! Can't wait to get to play the finished product!

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fireworker
Gahhh thank you!:kaoblush:

I have to admit, it'll be a hot minute before I get back to fully working on Grand Core, since college is happening, and I've kinda-sorta been working on a side project for a game jam...
Regardless, thank you for your support! :D

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy New Years, yall!
A day late... but still!
[1] New Years [GCR] (Ishtar Naos) (Croix Celadon) (Elijah Krone) (Luca Seikyr).png
(3/4ths of the characters currently in GCR's have changed designs of varying degrees, in case you're wondering "Who the heck's that?!")
I've got nothing to say for myself... it barely felt like I did anything last year but a bunch of story brainstorming in 2018:rswt2:
And well, I have nothing to show for story, you know?

All I'll say is that I will do what I can to try and make 2019 a more productive year in terms of Grand Core Release!

Everyone have a great 2019!

Ziyan

The Holy Sword
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's it, I'm checking the demo out right now!

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just finished the demo- loving the style! The work you've put in to it shows.

I'm still feeling that the shards and the golem(?) boss blend in a little bit too much in to the background in the first cave section, though; other than that I don't have too many criticisms. I loved the enemy animations, though, how there were different ones for injured/attacking.

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ziyan Oooh! Hope you like it despite its oldness :kaoswt2:

@artoni Thank you!
About the blending... hmm... I intended for both of those enemies to blend in a bit since they're made of the same materials as the cave,
but I might've gone too far lol.
I'll make sure to fix that in the next update!

Ziyan

The Holy Sword
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mirpono I'm currently playing it and hehe, I'm really loving it so far xD

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright time to come clean and announce this totally surprising, betcha didnt see it coming,
INDEFINITE HIATUS!!!

Listen, this really does hurt to admit, but I feel like I didnt get much done last year except for like "a spark of inspiration for a few hours every month".
I kept saying stuff like "I'll work on GCR over thanksgiving break... or christmas break... or SPRING BREAK!!!" but honestly?
My brain was so tired from classes when each break started, that I wanted nothing to do with work. I just wanted to take a break from anything work related... I dont even remember if I did anything significant over summer break.

And im realizing that this year's not gonna be any different :rswt.
Over the weekends I either need to let off steam by playing games or, well, study a bunch!

So... how'd I even get here?
I ask myself this a lot lmao
Well this game's demo was created over the summer of my 12th grade year, right before I got into college, for a game jam!
Back then I hadnt realized how much of a mess trying to juggle making a game, by myself, with a bunch of self-made resources and keeping up with college was going to be...
Not to mention the scope creep that keeps trying to pile up on me (I'll make sure to work on that during the break :kaoswt2:)!
I don't even know what possessed me to even make GCR into a playable game in a month, but I'm very happy that it worked out, back then!

Now, like I said, this is a hiatus. I've got no plans to outright cancel Grand Core Release because, well...
I love these characters so much. Everyone in the demo, characters who aren't even in the demo... they're all such lovely, chaotic people that I'm so excited to show off & let people watch them interact, but it just aint meant to be, yet!

Sorry for possibly stringing people along on a ride that was going just about nowhere for about 1 and 1/2 years... I'll still be around the forums, no doubt about that...
But yes! This'll be the last GCR related post for a while! At least until I get everything sorted out to a manageable level.
"Everything" being both my schooling & the game's scope.

Later, y'all!
[3] We out here announcing hiatuses [GCR] (Ishtar Naos).png

Fireworker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everyone needs a break now and again! We'll be here waiting for you when you come back! In the meantime, I wish you all the best in all your other endeavours (especially college!)

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Life can really get hectic, so I definitely understand. Hopefully, you'll be able to return...

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fireworker @Jayje
Thank you both!! I'll make sure to return to GCR one day for sure! :kaopride:
I love this project too much to just... let it go to waste.

Jaiden

RMXP Fiend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I adore your artstyle, I wish you the best luck on your hiatus, and hope to see you return to this soon!

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jaiden
Oh, thanks so much!

College hasn't really slowed down (though I'll be entering my final year after this semester if everything goes well), but I've still worked on a lot of the more 'general' things, like the story & characters (both of which are practically 100% by now)!

Now it's just a matter of when I'm gonna be ready enough to work on in-game stuff consistently enough to announce anything. :rswt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HamadAhli