Mithran

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First, remove GOGR from your project. If you are having a problem with the other script completely independent of this script, then you should post in RGSSx Language Support and give full details about the error and the script you are using. If you are having random Game.exe crashes (RGSS3 player has stopped working, Game.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, or the program just randomly shuts off) check and see if it does it without custom scripts then make a thread in the RPGMaker VX Ace support board. If the other script you mentioned has no problems without this GOGR installed, then you are fine, GOGR wont prevent any crashes in ACE anyway.

daniacea

Maker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am having a game exception error crash that I have been trying to fix. The gobj log points to a script for a minimap. Apparently there are sprites for the minimap that are being disposed repeatedly. I have attached the error log and the minimap script. gobj.txtminimap.txt

Attachments

• gobj.txt
    323 bytes · Views: 2
  • minimap.txt
    323 bytes · Views: 6

Mithran

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@daniacea

It looks like you are using the Ace version of the script. Are you using Ace or VX? If you are using Ace, you should post in the Ace thread here.

Repeat disposes are not known to cause crashes. Change NOTIFY_REPEAT_DISPOSE to false, delete the log file, and see if anything else pops up. Repeated disposes can sometimes be indicative of a creator being careless and just throwing in disposes all over to "be sure" they disposed everything, but they can be used without issue. In this case, it looks just like you are logging the behavior of one of the base scripts - pre_battle, characters are disposed so the transition wont have character sprites on it. When the full spriteset dispose happens after the screen is frozen, it doesn't bother checking if the character sprites were disposed before or not since it doesn't technically matter. Still not the best practice IMO, but this isn't causing your crash problem. I've changed NOTIFY_REPEAT_DISPOSE to false as default.

If you have Game.exe crashes, though, you still have a problem. If the game is crashing with my script in, my script probably won't catch whatever is causing it. If my script stops it from crashing when installed, then try to concentrate playing through the game in an area where you have noticed crashes. Try to change scenes a few times (eg., go into battle, back to map, open menu, back to map, menu again, items, menu, equip, etc) as the objects that trigger the crash aren't necessarily from right before the crash happens, sometimes they have been around for a while. Which battle system are you using? Since it looks like you are testing battles already, see if your script is one of the one there is already a fix posted for in the Ace thread. If you still come up empty after that, we might try looking for other causes.

Funplayer

Self proclaimed sponge.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am having a game exception error crash that I have been trying to fix. The gobj log points to a script for a minimap. Apparently there are sprites for the minimap that are being disposed repeatedly. I have attached the error log and the minimap script. [IMG]http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/public/style_images/RPGW_33_Images/attachicon.gif[/IMG]gobj.txt[IMG]http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/public/style_images/RPGW_33_Images/attachicon.gif[/IMG]minimap.txt
I cannot reproduce the error with these scripts.  The game crashes on startup because it cannot find an undeclared "dungeon" variable.  The only response I can give, is there are missing scripts.

Last edited by a moderator:

PaladinHeart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been getting this error:

Time: Fri Jun 05 01:35:12 Eastern Daylight Time 2015
Critical Object #<Sprite_Battler:0xbcbbe50>
In Scene Scene_Battle
Caller::
Script 039 -- Spriteset_Battle, Line: 77:in `reedo_sbs_ssb_create_actors'
Script 099 -- Reedo's Battle System, Line: 383:in `create_actors'
Script 039 -- Spriteset_Battle, Line: 17:in `initialize'
Script 086 -- Scene_Battle, Line: 14:in `new'
Script 086 -- Scene_Battle, Line: 14:in `reedo_sbs_sb_start'
Script 099 -- Reedo's Battle System, Line: 499:in `start'
Script 073 -- Scene_Base, Line: 12:in `main_gobj'
Script 106 -- Graficl Obj Global Ref, Line: 201:in `main'
Script 109 -- Main, Line: 10
-----
Critical Object #<Sprite_Battler:0xbcbbc58>
In Scene Scene_Battle
Script 039 -- Spriteset_Battle, Line: 78:in `reedo_sbs_ssb_create_actors'
-----
Critical Object #<Sprite_Battler:0xbcbba78>
In Scene Scene_Battle
Script 039 -- Spriteset_Battle, Line: 79:in `reedo_sbs_ssb_create_actors'
-----
Critical Object #<Sprite_Battler:0xbcbb8c8>
In Scene Scene_Battle
Script 039 -- Spriteset_Battle, Line: 80:in `reedo_sbs_ssb_create_actors'
How would I go about fixing that? I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to scripting, so I don't really know how to dispose of the sprites.

I don't really get the point of this script if nobody has the time to help us figure out what is wrong with the bad scripts.

I guess it is OK for people who make scripts but just seems pointless for those who don't know anything about scripting with any RGSS language, 

which is sad because IMO those are the ones that need the most help.  :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonnitaru