BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've had this problem for a while, but I put it away, because it's not a game breaking problem.

The problem I have is about the bow animation. While the animation of my archer attacking works perfectly, the animation when damaging an enemy is still the "hit physical". But I want it to be "pierce physical".

I know that this seems to be a common problem and that you might already be tired of hearing this, but I've literally tried everything to get rid of this problem. But nothing works. I have been at least able to erase the animation completely.

Okay, here are the things you might need to have to solve this problem:

# Pose for the targets of 'Bow' attack
    <action: arrow, reset>
    throw: self, user, image 'Arrow', arc 10, angle 45, init x -6, init y -12;
    wait: self, throw;
    anim: targets, effect;
    wait: 8;
    effect: active, targets, 100%;
    </action>

This is under all three modes: charset, kaduki and unspecific settings.

This is the screenshot of the weapon used:

Here's the original, unedited script: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0cSp2lASM9wdjMwNEMtMFlkR1k/view

I hope somebody can help with this, I've searched everywhere and nothing helped. TT.TT

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
You could try and use no animation whatsoever in the database, and then add the animation ID in the notetag instead and see if that works.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It isn't working either. Maybe it's because I don't know how I should write it in the notetags. I've tried different things like <anim: id 013>, <animation: id 013>, <anim id: 013> and so on. Is there a certain way I have to write it? (I really have not a single clue about how scripts work, unfortunately^^°)

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Try write it without the zero and the <> as in:

anim: id 13; 

hopefully that should solve it.

Also, Victor has a good manual with every command that you can use found here:

Seems like many people have this issue when it comes to the bow setup, other weapons works fine to show altered animations but not the bow. Not sure if It's gonna help to tell the pose to use that animation on the targets, but give it a try :/

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've already looked through that manual, but haven't found anything.

Also, adding anim: id 13; doesn't help, still no animation at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I discovered the new English word "Secular religion" today It is an oxymoron word. Now, I wonder how many English words create per year? According to Global Language Monitor, around 5,400 new words are created every year; it's only the 1,000 or so deemed to be sufficiently widespread use that makes it into print. [I think it probably slangs or combines words] :kaoluv:
Is it normal that I love a game that I can't even play due to how bad I'm at it?
Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...
A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lehamme