Graphics Canvas Errors in 3rd Party Code Containers (RESOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So in returning to WinJS to test changes with regard to possible performance fixes I ran into a bill reference issue with the core graphics canvas, which makes me wonder if anyone had similar issues with similar interfaces for MV projects. Specifically, the following code is causing a null reference issue:

JavaScript:
Graphics._clearUpperCanvas = function() {
    var context = this._upperCanvas.getContext('2d');
    context.clearRect(0, 0, this._width, this._height);
};
Any idea on what's happening?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you show the actual error? Reading your description I don't know if it's something I've seen before or not, but seeing the actual error, I'd know straight away.

If it's similar to what I'm thinking, I think sometimes it happens because you have an out-of-date plugin, or because you're using newer plugins with an older core.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the case of WinJS it happens during the Visual Studio phase of the debug process. The code block I posted is where the exception break occurs during runtime execution. As for plugins, the only thing I can think of is the PIXI filters (for which I do have a backup option, although it is not going to be anywhere near as clean for what I have in mind).

EDIT: Turns out I wasn't actively using the PIXI filters at all, and the weird thing is that none of this actually happens in NW.JS. Here's the point where it occurs though, in case it helps:

Also, the plugins.js is modified for the purposes of using Visual Studio for this as certain plugins don't work in this deployment setup and I had to edit a number of them out anyway. And in case it helps, I've also been using 1.6.1 for my core. I can list the plugins* that are used specifically for this version in case it helps:

YEP_CoreEngine**
YEP_BattleEngineCore
YEP_BattleAICore
YEP_BattleBgmControl
YEP_BuffsStatesCore
YEP_CommonEventMenu
YEP_ElementCore
YEP_EnemyLevels
YEP_FloorDamage
YEP_FpsSynchOption
YEP_ItemCore
YEP_MainMenuVar
YEP_MessageCore
YEP_MusicMenu
YEP_PartySystem
YEP_RegionRestrictions
YEP_SaveCore
YEP_ShopMenuCore
YEP_SkillCore
YEP_StatusMenuCore
YEP_TargetCore
YEP_TouchInputDisabler
YEP_WeaponAnimation
YEP_X_ActorAutoBattleAI
YEP_X_ActSeqPack1
YEP_X_ActSeqPack2
YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies
YEP_X_Autosave
YEP_X_ItemDiscard
YEP_X_SelectionControl
YEP_X_StateCategories
YEP_X_VehicleRestrict
Olivia_AntiPlayerStress
HIME_PreTitleEvents
HIME_GameOverEvents
HIME_EnemyReinforcements
HIME_TimedChoiceSelection
HIME_ChangeBattleback
CGMV_Core
CGMV_VehicleSystem
iavra_localization_-_core
iavra_localization_-_menu
KMS_SpiralEncount
MOG_BossHP
VE_BasicModule
VE_DamagePopup
SRD_TimerUpgrade
SRD_BattleBackScroll
MrTS_MinimumDamage
WASD_keyboard
YME_LevelUpSe
AudioStreaming
VariableDisplay
Gamefocus
SlotMachine
DMY_SkipVideo
GameLoadSkipAhead
StopMapBgm
Eli_PlayTime
SecretCode***
ReadyToRumble****
DreamX_Ext_VE_DamagePopup
TDDP_NoFastForward
Galv_PrizeWheel
Galv_RandEncounterConditions
GALV_LayerGraphics

========================================

* Since the lists are different between NW.JS and Visual Studio, I opted to list them in list form rather than screenshots.
** Yanfly plugins now require payment to use, so any troubleshooting that involve these will require the signature of an NDA statement.
*** This is actually the chain command plugin. That's because there's a hidden use of the secret trick from Contra (and you probably know what I'm talking about).
**** This is also a paid plugin (which I have developed with assistance and released for use by others). Obviously this will also require an NDA statement.

Last edited:

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured out what happened, so excuse the double-post. Turns out that it was the absence of a specific file (actually it was the entire pixi.js set) that I accidentally removed while cleaning out irrelevant and unnecessary material for the platform target. Copied it over from a matching project for the core version and everything is back to normal again.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[CLOSED].[/CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My plan after learning to make my voice girly "Wow! You sounds cute!" "But actually I'm a man!" "Nooooo!!!" hehehe...
I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyfox585