Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Whenever yanfly goes around to doing a class system for MV. I'll definitely use this along with it.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
One moment, is it possible that this script can't affect enemies? It doesn't work, just only on my hero.  :( I thought it would change the battler in the sv_enemies folder as well, or did I mistaken.

Just wanted to mention that I found another solution for myself, even if it takes more work.

The plugin should come in handy anyways, I got an nice idea. :) Thank you very much!
Only actors for now. I'm trying to include enemies before releasing this but I failed. I'll try to include enemies again if I can.

Whenever yanfly goes around to doing a class system for MV. I'll definitely use this along with it.
Glad you like it. And so far, it's compatible with all of his scripts I tried so far.

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! First of all, I love this script its just what I needed so thank you so much for creating this?

But is there any way to make this work with items instead of equipment?

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Hi! First of all, I love this script its just what I needed so thank you so much for creating this?

But is there any way to make this work with items instead of equipment?
If you mean those consumable items, either put a common event that changes the graphics manually or make that item inflict a state that has assigned tag to change graphics.

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
I imagine you could also make a dud state (it wouldn't have any name or icon associated with it) to make it work

brunovisk2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much Janeeuse! you just saved my life =D

kewitt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
kewitt
Primarily Uses
I have no plans to.  but with this I could make a ranma 1/2 RPG!!!

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Update

• v1.1.1: Renamed parameters to be readable easily.
In Progress

• Making enemies also change graphics depending on the states.

I imagine you could also make a dud state (it wouldn't have any name or icon associated with it) to make it work
Yes, you can also do this too. :)

Thank you so much Janeeuse! you just saved my life =D
You're welcome and thank you too. :)

I have no plans to.  but with this I could make a ranma 1/2 RPG!!!
It's quite possible when some uses a water spell to make them change forms like what is on anime. :D

Dinamic Creates

Project Stealth | Project Dungeon Trios
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used to do this with some common event. 
Now this is just perfect.

Syltti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm having a bit of trouble. I want a state to change an actor's SV sprite. When I put <sve: 3(which I'm assuming is the battler_id, the same as the actor_id?), Rhianna-T1>, my actor's sprite will change when the state is applied, but when she acts, she reverts back to normal, then back to her changed sprite when her turn ends.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I'm having a bit of trouble. I want a state to change an actor's SV sprite. When I put <sve: 3(which I'm assuming is the battler_id, the same as the actor_id?), Rhianna-T1>, my actor's sprite will change when the state is applied, but when she acts, she reverts back to normal, then back to her changed sprite when her turn ends.
Yes, the battler_id is the actor_id.

Hmm... Mine seems okay on my end. What other plugins do you have there (aside from Yanfly's if you have any)? Maybe there are some incompatibilities with some plugins.

Syltti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
These are the plugins I'm currently using:

[Edit] So, I tried something. I've been using a common event to handle a transformation using Yanfly's action sequences. I took out that common event before trying your plugin, and forgot that I had a conditional copy of that common event in my troops using his BaseTroops plugin. I took out that conditional, then tried using your plugin again... and saw that there was no change made. Meaning, my actor's SV sprite doesn't change at all. x-x

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
These are the plugins I'm currently using:

[Edit] So, I tried something. I've been using a common event to handle a transformation using Yanfly's action sequences. I took out that common event before trying your plugin, and forgot that I had a conditional copy of that common event in my troops using his BaseTroops plugin. I took out that conditional, then tried using your plugin again... and saw that there was no change made. Meaning, my actor's SV sprite doesn't change at all. x-x
Did you put the "Add State" to add that state to change the sprite on the effects of that skill and set the scope to "The User"? Or maybe there are some mistypes on the tag?

Syltti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup. That's been there from the beginning. This is the result I'm trying to get (this is using a common event tied to the skill):

This is what I get when I use no common event and just your plugin:

And, yes, I made sure there's no typo in the tag.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I missed to look at the filename. Try change it the dash "-" to underscore "_".

Syltti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, that worked! Looks like the file names HAVE to be underscores in order for it to work. Still a small issue, though. When the sprite's being changed, there's a pause for a second before the new sprite comes in (The default sprite disappears and leaves a shadow there for a second, then the new sprite comes in.) One problem after another today... xD

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Okay, that worked! Looks like the file names HAVE to be underscores in order for it to work. Still a small issue, though. When the sprite's being changed, there's a pause for a second before the new sprite comes in (The default sprite disappears and leaves a shadow there for a second, then the new sprite comes in. One problem after another today... xD
I myself also had that problem when I made the plugin but what I did is to put an animation first before applying the state to cover the disappearance of the sprite. It's most effective when used with Yanfly's Action Sequence to have more timing when changing sprites while animation is played.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! I just relieased what you did here and can use with this. A visual equipment system :o perhapes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.
We start in 5 minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ransen