Graphics Changer

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Jeneeus Guruman, Oct 28, 2015.

1. RnWHat

RnWHat Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Excuse me, I have a question about this plugin; I have no idea where I'm supposed to put any of the notetags!

Andronius likes this.
  2. SuperMasterSword

SuperMasterSword That Guy You Dont Know Veteran

First Language:
    Javascript
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Guys! I solved a compatibility issue with this plugin and Yanfly's Auto Passive States! All you have to do is change Game_BattlerBase.refresh at about line 2600 in rpg_objects.js to this

Game_BattlerBase.prototype.refresh = function() {
    this.stateResistSet().forEach(function(stateId) {
    if (this.isStateAffected(stateId)) {
    this.eraseState(stateId);
    }
    }, this);
    this._hp = this._hp.clamp(0, this.mhp);
    this._mp = this._mp.clamp(0, this.mmp);
    this._tp = this._tp.clamp(0, this.maxTp());
    };

What was happening is that every time a state was erased, this plugin would refresh $gamePlayer, which wouldn't be bad except in YEP's AutoPassives he made $gamePlayer's refresh also refresh the entire party, which would then call eraseState again because there was no if. Thus causing an infinite loop eventually crashing.

If someone could check if this also solved the Party System that would be great, because I'm not using that plugin for my current project at the moment so I haven't checked.

Also, I'll be attaching this in plugin form if you don't want to mess the rpg_objects.js file, (which might be a good idea since RPG Maker is getting updates) but make sure you put it ABOVE all other plugins, even Yanfly's.

View attachment ChangeGraphic_YEP_APS_Patch.js

EDIT: Okay, so I found another similar infinite loop which would happen when a party member died. I've also done some light testing and didn't run into any crashes with Yanfly's Party System so I think it's compatible. This time I did have to change something in the plugin itself though, but I didn't remove nearly as many features as the other Party Compatible one.

View attachment ChangeGraphicYEP_APS&Party_Compatible.js

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  3. firestalker

firestalker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I did this exact thing using Yanfly BuffandStatesCore Lunatic Mode.... You don't even need the Actor Id or anything... You just need the new graphics, properly named [which you can change to whatever you want] -  My Technique

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
    Andronius likes this.
  4. SuperMasterSword

First Language:
    Javascript
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @firestalker While that is true, this method is easier for people that don't like to mess with code (which kind of ironically isn't me, but anyway) or want to make a state that can only be applied on certain characters.

5. firestalker

firestalker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Gotcha....  that actually makes a lot of sense, and I'm a little upset I didn't think about it.

6. InsanePridee

InsanePridee Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    hi this plugin sounds amazing! good job, I cant get it to work though. I have mostly yanfly plugin's and moghunters battle hud's etc.

when I use your plugin I get this RANGE ERROR MAXIMUM CALL STACK SIZE EXCEEDED and when I press f8 I get this ( pic attached )

may just be me doing something wrong. I'm not sure. thanks

new one pic.PNG

7. SuperMasterSword

First Language:
    Javascript
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @InsanePridee The original author of this plugin doesn't seem to support it anymore, but if you'll just grab the version and patch I posted a few posts up I believe that should solve the problem you're having.

8. InsanePridee

InsanePridee Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    thank you for replying pal, oh that's a shame to be honest as can be a great plugin. I still have a problem with it :(  haha, maybe I may have to turn off a few yanfly plugins? any idea's or if there is a plugin out there similar? thanks boss

newest one.PNG

9. Nightshade

Nightshade Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    is this still being worked on o.o

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2016
  10. Arkaik

Arkaik Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  11. Xtumech

Xtumech Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Dosen't work with Yanfly's party system V1.08: RangeError; Maximum call stack size exceeded. Not the end of the world for my game should be able to work around it... thought you would like to know. Thank you for the plug in :D.

12. Sketcy-Sketch

Sketcy-Sketch Hypergraphic Veteran

Hello! This looks like a great script! Thanks for sharing! ^_^ 

However, when I installed this into my game, my sprite disappeared. I haven't even assigned any changes to any of the actors yet,

and the sprite only returns when I uninstall the script entirely turn the script off.

Perhaps I installed it incorrectly?

Lol, I've spent more time than I'd like to admit trying to figure it out myself. 

[​IMG]

Thanks for your time! ♥

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2016
    JasonGT and Ashouse like this.
  13. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    What a great image. I really like this!

Sketcy-Sketch likes this.
  14. Sketcy-Sketch

Sketcy-Sketch Hypergraphic Veteran

Ah I figured it out! Apparently, I set my character's sprite to "none" at the beginning of the game so that you couldn't see the sprite during the opening (and because the player chooses their character in the opening). I then added the sprite of the player's choice through eventing after the opening scene.

However, this script keeps changing the sprite back to the default "none" setting from the beginning of the game in really random places (battles, teleports, etc). Unfortunately, I won't be able to this script in my game because of this. Very sad. Otherwise, this script seems to work very well and is very interesting. Thanks for sharing.  ;)

15. parallax

parallax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is there possibly a video guide on how to properly use this? I can't understand how to work it just from writing.

16. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi , does this plugin work with yanfly plugins still since been updated ? Will try when I'm back at home in next few days. Thanks to anyone that answers .  :)

17. AdamSakuru

AdamSakuru [Null_Value] Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    There's no way I'm not crediting you for this. Awesome script!

18. shinigamidelta

shinigamidelta The Great and Powerful Member

First Language:
    eng
    If I change the actors default images via the Event comment "Change actor images". It converts back to the Orginal Sprites whenever I'm affected with a status effect, Or even use the fully heal event command.

Am I the only one with this problem? Or is there a way to fix it?

19. Ashfell

Ashfell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I cant get it to work every time i start the game with the plugin i get 'Range Error Maximum call stack size exceeded' only plugins i am using are yanfly ones.

20. afonsobr

afonsobr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    PT_BR
    Pixi.js 4.0.0 - ✰ WebGL ✰ http://www.pixijs.com/ ♥♥♥

pixi.js:2900 WebGL: INVALID_VALUE: bufferData: size == 0
    rpg_managers.js:1756 RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at Array.filter (native)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.passiveStatesRaw (file:///D:/Meus%20Documentos/RMMV/Games/Digimon%20All%20Delete/js/plugins/YEP_AutoPassiveStates.js:376:18)
    at Game_Actor.passiveStatesRaw (file:///D:/Meus%20Documentos/RMMV/Games/Digimon%20All%20Delete/js/plugins/YEP_AutoPassiveStates.js:497:61)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.passiveStates (file:///D:/Meus%20Documentos/RMMV/Games/Digimon%20All%20Delete/js/plugins/YEP_AutoPassiveStates.js:365:20)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.states (file:///D:/Meus%20Documentos/RMMV/Games/Digimon%20All%20Delete/js/plugins/YEP_AutoPassiveStates.js:351:31)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.traitObjects (file:///D:/Meus%20Documentos/RMMV/Games/Digimon%20All%20Delete/js/rpg_objects.js:2361:17)
    at Game_Actor.traitObjects (file:///D:/Meus%20Documentos/RMMV/Games/Digimon%20All%20Delete/js/rpg_objects.js:3796:55)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.allTraits (file:///D:/Meus%20Documentos/RMMV/Games/Digimon%20All%20Delete/js/rpg_objects.js:2365:17)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.traits (file:///D:/Meus%20Documentos/RMMV/Games/Digimon%20All%20Delete/js/rpg_objects.js:2371:17)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.traitsSet (file:///D:/Meus%20Documentos/RMMV/Games/Digimon%20All%20Delete/js/rpg_objects.js:2401:17)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.stateResistSet (file:///D:/Meus%20Documentos/RMMV/Games/Digimon%20All%20Delete/js/rpg_objects.js:2469:17)rpg_managers.js:1756 SceneManager.catchException

Same here