Graphics pen monitor suggestions?

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Let me start off by saying that, i'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such a thing.. and I was a bit unsure..
But if this needs to be moved, please PM me and let me know where it gets moved to.. I lose track easily.

I was wondering if anyone here does art and if so, do they use a graphics pen monitor?
If anyone does, what would you recommend?.. Actually, what would you recommend other than Wacom.... Wacom is just not in my budget.

I'm looking at Ugee and Huion and the like.
Those less costly graphics monitors.

I was considering the Ugee 2150 LED HD graphics pen monitor.
But I am weighing all my options and trying to gather info from folks here who've used such devices.
My plan is to make resources.. something i've wanted to do for a long time.. but using paper and pencil and scanner and so on and so forth.. was just.. a big NO.. i tried it at first then I threw my hands up.

Using a mouse is a pain either way, so i wanna cut out the use of paper and scanners all together.
I've already looked on youtube, but considering what my plans are.. i thought it would be better to ask folks here what they think.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am currently using a Cintiq 13HD at home, have been for about 2 years now and I absolutely love it despite its small size. Before that I was using one of the older 21' models but ended up selling it due to how heavy it was and the fact I move around a lot.

At work I use a Huion and I really like it for the most part, the pen isn't quite as versatile as the wacom one seeing as it doesn't have an eraser on the end BUT the screen is pretty nice, it doesn't get hot (something both my wacom tablets suffer with) and the pen draws just fine. Its an easy recommendation for the price.

Vanessa

Crossfate Saga Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried XP Pen, and it's a good choice for Cintiq alternative, the price is around $500 and the size is 22inch. Besides Cintiq companion usually have issues.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
best way its look review on YTub
here mine tablette.

Am very satisfied with.
If you look for a monitor, the brand also have modele monitor.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I bought a used Cintiq 22HD off ebay for $900. Works pretty much like a new one and feels great, but ymmv with used products. I was considering getting an XP Pen 22E like Vanessa before then, and that looked like a pretty good product to get if the price drops below $500. The XP Pen 22E works pretty much like a Wacom Cintiq except it doesn't have the touch-screen toggles or pen eraser (since Wacom somehow has a trademark on pen erasers, lol...)

If those options are still out of your price range, you might want to consider just trying your hand at a non-display tablet under $100. Huion has some of the best beginner tablets at like $50 or less, so it's kind of a small risk to find out whether or not you can tolerate not directly seeing how your pen is drawing,

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I use a Wacom Bamboo CTL-470 (non-display) that I bought used from a tattoo parlor that was upgrading their model and was going to throw their old one (the CTL-470) in the trash until I offered about $25 dollars for it, which they immediately accepted it. They even threw in the original packaging, the replacement tips they never used, a protective carrying case, and the art programs it came with (unfortunately only one of the three discs actually worked because the other two were scratched to pieces, the working one gave me AutoDesk SketchBook Express 2011). I did my research on Amazon just now, and all the used/refurbished prices there were over $115- I practically saved $90 from the used/refurbished prices. I could only imagine what the new condition prices are for it...

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Everyone keeps talking about Cintiq.. but as i said.. that's not in my budget.. that's Wacom.. Wacom is just not in the budget..
On top of that, i'm looking for feedback on the screen monitors.. not tablets.. i have a tablet, there is too much of a disconnect between me and what i am drawing to use a tablet.
I'm looking at either a huion or a Ugee possibly.
I've been looking on youtube.
But i came here..
I dunno how you folks come up with the money for Wacom.. those are just too costly man.. i've got at most 500 to spend..
Let me just say again, i'm wanting a display type.. not a tablet.. my mind just can't do drawing that way.. the disconnect is too much.
I was looking at other brands like Ugee and Huion and .. Parblo possibly..

Currently looking into what Vanessa suggested.
So far looks lovely.

Last edited:

Xand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
VNM
I bought yiynova. It’s much cheaper than wakom. The quality nearly the same ( used wakom before )
The only difference it’s it is made in Taiwan.
It got some problems with drivers you may need some more time to get things working. But it’s all Chinese drivers trouble.

Second trouble is Rear rack less reliable. If you draw lying on screen I suggest you don’t do so.

Stilus requires battery and no eraser on back. No angle support but it’s fine to live without it, it’s not critical to draw. No battery eraser and angle support wakom only features and others can’t do this without dealing with wakom.

That’s all the troubles you may expect but it’s double cheaper than wakom so worth it.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I'm looking at everything.
All my options.
But it's hard to pin point one i should get.
Everything i find has issues with "wobble" and i dunno yet if that will be an issue for me...
There's always some kind of issue though... And none of them seem all that perfect.
I think the only thing i'm considering now is size.. i found an Acepen rather large for 399 that i'm considering.. comes with a mate screen protector already attached.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hope the bump is okay, but i settled on something.
I'm getting a Ugee 2150.
It's the best i could do, getting it from ebay.
It seems to be looked on fondly.
I've heard mostly good things.
So, i can't wait to get my hands on it and get to work.

I got the 2150 already, so i think this can be locked if need be.

Last edited:

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've used medion huion and xp pen. They were 50$ and works fine. XP pen is my fav no batteries or wires to deal with for the pen! They were all 10x6 and worked fine with paint dot net , gimp, photo impact, draw plus and photo plus.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah I ended up getting a UGEE 2150. I never wanted those tablet things that are cheap.... always had an issue with a "disconnect" with those, but i'm loving my UGEE 2150.. i'm getting WAY more done with it than i did with anything else i've had.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE ALL GENDERS! SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL.
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyo