Graphics Resources for MV?

schoonerhelm

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi, sorry if this has been answered in a previous question, I looked back but hadn't seen anything on it.

I've been a Mac user for the past 10 years so RPGmaker has never been on my radar until now.  MV is the first version of it I've ever picked up.  I was looking at the Graphics Resource packs for purchase and wondering if they're compatible with MV?  Do they require any conversions as far as image size goes or anything like that?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NONE of the graphic resource packs that are currently available are compatible with MV. They are all for VX and Ace. MV has only been out for a bit over a week - it's going to take a while to get some packs specifically for it. But if you have a look through MV Resources, you'll see the community has already started adding a whole heap of stuff.

You COULD use those resources in MV, but yes, you'd need to convert them. Ace's tile size is 32x32, and MV's is 48x48. Practice with the RTP first to see how you like the look of it, before spending money on something that you'll have to convert and may not be entirely happy with the results.

marcelox

Painfully Clueless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi,

I have some follow-up questions on this topic.

What is RTP? <--- sorry, seen this a lot and no idea what it stands for.

Also, can these purchasable graphic resource packs be used commercially? I ask because Fantasic Building: Medieval looks nice and I looked in the page for the commerical allowed use, I didn't see it. But the description said that it uses Celianna's resources. And according to that link that it leads to, she does NOT allow them to be used commercially. However, she lets you download them for free. So I'm confused as to how that works, if we pay $9.99, are we paying for something that is free and not allowed to be used commercially? Or does paying $9.99 give us the right to use all the graphics of the resource pack as we see fit for our RPG Maker game?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
RTP means Run Time Package and it was the way the default resources were distributed with the previous makers (XP, VX and Ace). It's grown stand for default resources though. So Shaz means the default resources that come with MV when she mentions RTP.

All bought store packs are allowed for commercial usage.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll add this for a bit of clarity.  Fantastic Building: Medieval and the set that Celianna gives away in the forums are different sets entirely.  The FB:M set is a store pack and as such can be used commercially in RPG Maker engines.  If you'd like to use Celianna's Tileset that she offers on the forums you can do that as long as the game you make isn't commercial.  If you intend to get money with this game in any way you will need to purchase the commercial license for Celianna's Tileset which is not a store pack and so not offered or supported here.  If you only use Fantastic Building: Medieval and don't use Celianna's Tileset, then you can use it commercially and do not need to purchase the commercial license for Celianna's tileset.  I hope that makes more sense now.  Good for you for being so respectful of the artists!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay, that's the best I can do. Looks a little strange but..err.. it's my style, yeah, very original style..
being an extreme introvert with massive anxiety... I forget this is really, REALLY frustrating for people who are the exact opposite. still, wait this out and stay home...
I hope you all are keeping safe. <3 If you need a shoulder or an ear, I have two of both and am more than willing to listen & support you! Times are weird.
My dad, super frustrated by seclusion, asking me how I live like this. I shrug. "It helps to not like what is outside."
Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imnotanepicgamer