Syltti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, Neon, really nice script you made! I'm having a problem with it, though. I can get an actor's face to change in battle, but not their sprite. Here's an example of what I mean:

AriaseECTest.png

(Ariase's sprite's hair is supposed to turn red)

These are the tags I'm using:

actor battler gfx["Ariase-2" 0 8] <- this doesn't work
actor face gfx["AriaseEC" 0] <- this works

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hey, Neon, really nice script you made! I'm having a problem with it, though. I can get an actor's face to change in battle, but not their sprite. Here's an example of what I mean:

attachicon.gif
AriaseECTest.png

(Ariase's sprite's hair is supposed to turn red)

These are the tags I'm using:

actor battler gfx["Ariase-2" 0 8] <- this doesn't work

actor face gfx["AriaseEC" 0] <- this works
Well... I dont know very much about scripting,but it can be a incompatibilty problem or a issue with the battle system that you are using.... I ve seen a few battle systems that doesnt support sprite refresh,in order to use scripts like this one,they should be updated. Excuse me for my bad English and greetings from Argentina.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Which sideview system are you using? I know one or two use completely different names for some of the graphic effects which make the script incompatible.

Syltti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using Battle Symphony.

[Edit] I fixed it! The moment I read "different names" I thought I'd try doing what I saw someone else using and put "character" instead of "battler" and that worked~

Andyteves

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How would one go about doing the following 2 things?

1- Change battler image for character half way through game when say theres a time skip and there character gets older and I have an older version of that character in a battler ready?

2- Change battler in battle when character uses move such as turning super saiyan?

Slasherzeta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having an issue using this with Battle Engine Symphony, I see a few posts before that someone got it to work by switching from battler to character tags, but that does not change anything in battle for me, just outside of battle, which I don't want.. I've tried this every way I can think of, and I'm just not having any success, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using Yanfly visual battlers, and the sprites don't revert back after they lose the state in battle. On the field this works fine, but in battle for some reason they stay changed. 

edit:

Actually, I just noticed that they stay whatever they were when the battle started. So if I enter a battle poisoned, the poison sprite will show but curing poison doesn't revert it back. And if I enter the battle in normal state, becoming poisoned doesn't change it to the poison sprite. 

This is the script call I'm using:

actor character gfx["Aeros2Poison" 0 11]

I used character instead of battler because of the way the Yanfly script uses the sprites (also battler just made the sprite sheet pop op randomly on the screen during battle)

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having an issue using this with Battle Engine Symphony, I see a few posts before that someone got it to work by switching from battler to character tags, but that does not change anything in battle for me, just outside of battle, which I don't want.. I've tried this every way I can think of, and I'm just not having any success, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
I tried it in Battle Symphony with the tag:

actor character gfx["name" 0 1] or whatever the index number for the character is, and it worked both in and out of battle. Is that what you're doing?

DarthVollis

Moogle Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is this compatible with Falcao's Pearl System?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
try it out and see for yourself?

Slasherzeta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried it in Battle Symphony with the tag:

actor character gfx["name" 0 1] or whatever the index number for the character is, and it worked both in and out of battle. Is that what you're doing?
Yup. Used exactly that, and it does not change the actors graphic in battle. Stupidly enough, I realized something fairly important I should have mentioned earlier. I'm using the Holder Battlers add on for Symphony, and obviously, since I'm using that I'm using Holder Style sprites, so not sure if the type of graphic (Ie not a normal sprite sheet) might be causing the issue. I have tried it in a clean project (IE just the necessary Symphony scripts) but it still doesn't want to work.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
that is most probably the reason... it changes the normal sprite, not the Holder style battler

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so I'm working with Battle Symphony now and the state graphics are working nicely. However, when I have a state set to end at the end of battle, the character sprite does not change even though they no longer have the state applied. I have to use a recovery item to get rid of the graphic. Anybody else have this issue or know a fix?

Rawksusx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have abit of a problem, I'm using Victor's Side Battle and when one of my actors die they acctually disappear. I made a gravestone

graphic I'd like to use, just not entirely sure how I can change it when they die.

vaffelman

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
I have a problem, It looks like that the added state(status effect) is behind my character. How do I get it infront of him. 

BTW I'm using Yanfly's Battle Engine and Visual Battlers.

Untitled.png

Andyteves

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
-Removed-

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Now we can use our manners and ask again politely, and maybe someone will help you.

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hmm I need a script like this, may I ask does this work with Moghunter's Battle engine?

randemnote

professional boxed lunch
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
I Am suffering from a minor error, the graphics aren't changing when i try to have two different characters change to different things from under the same status effect. It's quite awkward to see that the only thing changing is the nickname....and to the wrong one. 

Short summary: Attempting to make two characters suffering from the same effect suffer effects differently

Problem: It is not working, only applying one thing, the nickname. to both of them. despite it only being for one of them.

actor, face gfx["PCs" 0 1]

actor  character gfx["Characters.png" 0 1]

actor  name change["Vivi" 1]

actor  face gfx["PCs" 4 2]

actor  character gfx["Vexa.png" 0 2]

actor  name change["Vexine" 0 2]
The exact way i entered it into the note section. 

Anyone able to lend a hand? 

-resolved- it turned out i put too many spaces somewhere, sorry to bother

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I am looking for a script where the monster graphics change depending on how many hits they took or how many health they have left. So, that you can see how wounded they are instead of showing HP bars. I'm wondering, if I could use this script for this or does this only work with states?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy_Rocketram