Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: The face and name change worked except for the character gfx ["name" 5]?

Last edited by a moderator:

Qrn103

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I'm having some difficulty with the code, and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why.
It's saying that the issue is with line 24, and that's regarding the state stacking.
Tried messing with that aspect of it, and still can't manage to get anything - same error pops up no matter what I try.
Any ideas?
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rbboR14.png[/IMG]

[Edit] - Realized the issue, I accidentally missed a line of the script when I put it in.

ArkhamVI

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question: when you have the 'actor battler gfx["name" 0 1,2,3]' tag, does the '0' refer to the ID of the color on the 'Color Palette'?

frrrosty

Spiteful Crow
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This sounds like a great script, going to keep an eye on it and see if I find it useful.  Thanks for sharing it!

lucasflicky

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
i have a bug report:

when state changes to dead by slip damage, the sprite does not changes even when i change maps. it will only change after i add a state to someone else

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! this is what I have been looking for! Thanks :)

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
If somebody has problem with this script i recommend you to create a post in Rgss support,NeonBlack is not active lately.

He must have personal reasons...

Excuse me for my bad English and thanks you very much for this great script.

PD:

You can  expand expand its usability combing this script with Fomar0153 transformation states.

Zededd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey folks.

I'm pretty new to scripting. Can anyone who has got this working give me a quick idiots guide? I've installed the script, made my awsumz artz for the characters, but that's right about where i've started head-scratching

I don't know what to enter into the script to tell it which image to use for my actor :S

I know NeonBlack is inactive, but you guys seem to have a good idea what to do next... little help?

Zededd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
crikey! that script is a lot shorter...

Uuh... is there a way to not use the side-battle? I prefer the enemy and character portraits (not just the face) and all the status pictures I have are set up for that...

Thank you for the help though. I really appreciate the assistance

I posted another thread in the support page explaining that I was using battle mode 3 where you see the character. I've made my custom graphics with that in mind and am just trying to get it so i can change (possibly overlay multiple) status images on that avatar to show things... EG, bleeding wound has a cut-away on the arm with blood. Sleep has closed eyes and drool. Poison has sunken cheeks and eyes

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Just remove it... The actor battler is not needed.

Zededd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
but i want the player to be able to see the character they're playing as... it's the whole reason I started making the game so you could see the player and it's effects... not just some face-only figure

Username78

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For some reason, the graphic of the battler won't change in game. Replacing battler with character works, but then they look like that all the time. I was trying to use this script so that my actors could use a different battle graphic while fighting (just photoshopped the sprite sheet with weapons), but revert back to the normal sprite sheet when done. To do so, I thought I could just give them the state for the transformations at the beginning and never remove it so that every time in battle they would use the designated battle graphic. Does anybody know how to do this correctly? This is the code I'm using: actor battler gfx["$RalphBattle" 0 1]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Edit: I found a work around. Initially, make a switch called battle graphic change and set it to parallel process. This only needs to be done once. From there, for every troop, create an event page that says if that switch is on, then change the battle graphic to the fighting one. Then, on the map, make a parallel process event that changes all the battle graphics back. Repeat these steps for every troop set and map. Tedious yes, but effective. If there any other ways to do this (probably by scripting), I would still love to know. [/SIZE]

JoePro

None Newb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to just change the hue of whatever sprite if they are affected. (i.e. turns purple if poisoned) I am using shapeshifting states and I would like to see the effect on the current sprite via hues rather then another sprite.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm definitely going to try this out!

Torqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can anyone tell me what am I supposed to do with the script call? I'm trying to use "character gfx["name" 5]" because I use Symphony.

You should've at least written a little guide or something about where to put the script call Neon Black :S

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I do think it uses tags.

Torqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I do think it uses tags.
Yes, I got it working there. But I don't understand how are you supposed to link a sprite to a certain actor.

The script seems to link a sprite to a STATE, since the tag is character gfx["name" 5] where name is the file and it goes in the state notes. But why would you do that in a game where you have multiple characters? And I'm sure the script isn't supposed to work like that, I'm missing something.

I can only have 1 sprite representing all my dead actors, or poisoned, or blinded.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
maybe try multiples of the long tags to try to define one for each actor?

Torqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I finally got it to work, I had to add actor at the start of the tag and the id at the end, like this: "actor character gfx["name" 5 2]" so it only affects actor 2.

It's not easy to see, it is mentioned that you could do this with battlers, but it isn't explained with characters so I thought it wasn't possible.

A bit of a fail there.

But the script is wonderful. If you have the dedication to make the sprites you can make wonders.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankdontrithep61