Gravity System.

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wondering if there is a way to make a gravity system with Events. Or would this need a script?

Basically when my characters use certain attacks, the attack may knock an enemy into the air, or slam a flying enemy down to the ground, or slam and enemy that has been knocked up into the air, back down.

Is this even possible in a 2D environment, or at least making something similar.

Thank You;

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are you talking about battlescreen effects, or about turning the map into a sidescroller?

both things can be done, and both with events and with scripts.
However trying them with events will require more work than using an (existing) script.
if there is no script for a specific effect, then writing them will also require a lot of work.

for more specific answers you would have to give more details on what exactly you want.

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Talking about battlescreen effects. Here's an example of how I want it to work.

Weapon skill a, has an effect called "Lift" lets say. I can make it inflict this with a state. If the enemy is not immune to the lift state, the attack with knock the enemy into the air.

Than another character uses and ability, that has an effect called projectile. This ability hits the enemy while the enemy is still in the air, and does bonus damage, because it has the lift state applies.

I know how to increase or decrease damage with damage modifiers in the effects creation sceen, based on a State.

I can technically already make this work. I just want a system that actually shows the enemy pop up into the air in the battle scene, or get slammed down to the ground in the battle scene. It would also have to show the projectile ability strike the enemy well the enemy is still airborn. Instead of the enemy falling back to the ground before the projectile ability actually hits them.

Thanks Again;

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, that is possible - but only with plugins.
The distinction is the visible position change because the default engine gives no options for that.

It might be possible with yanfly's action sequences, but I'm not sure if he has the required functions in those plugins. It might also be that you'll have to request a custom plugin if nothing exists that fits your descriptions.

one advice: to get that visible effect, you'll have the enemy battler and its shadow as two pictures - a lot of the default enemies have the shadow as part of the original battler, and that will not work.
However it should be easy (just a lot of work) to use an image program to create the required sprites from the originals.

SciWriter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I kind of figured it would require a plugin. I know it's a pretty ambitious system for RPG Maker MV.

I do have a friend that is a programmer, maybe he could make something for me. I've been trying to find plugins online that do this, but none seem to exist. I tried Yanflys action sequence one, but it doesn't do what I want to accomplish.

Thank You again for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose