Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I was wondering if there was some kind of JS function that can gray out an icon? I currently have it so that the icons for unlearned skills (in a skill tree) have lowered opacity (i.e. semi-transparent). This is done via the changePaintOpacity() function. However, the visual difference between icons of learned and unlearned skills isn't distinct enough, imo. That's why I'd prefer to just have the icons grayed out (grayscale), if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated, ty!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!

Is it not an option for you to have another Icon set image, all grayed out?
So, before drawing the icon, you check if the skill is learned or not. If learned you use the default icon set image, otherwise you use the grayed-out image to draw the icon.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it not an option for you to have another Icon set image, all grayed out?
He's asking in regards to his post in this thread where he wants the unlearned skills in the plugin's menu to be displayed as greyed out. So that's why he was asking whether there's an included function to do that, to avoid making two icons for every skill in his game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!.
Just read the forum rules just for kicks and rule 14 reminds me of this:
150.jpg
I'm in the process of converting all locks and intimidate/persuade dialogue options into D20 DC based success/fail (modified by player skill). Before, it required a certain flat amount you had to meet, but with rolls, it offers more freedom. For instance, you can repeatedly try to unlock a door instead of just not meeting the requirement to unlock it.
Since we get very close: If you want to enjoy the advent calendar as it is intended, wait til your date and the day in the URL line up, so you have the final day on actual christmas and not the day before... time zones ;3
1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinoth