Novam4a1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everyone!

I'm Nova and I'm brand new to RPG maker as a whole! I recently downloaded RMMZ and already i'm very amazed at how helpful and friendly the community is! So far i've completed the RMMZ tutorial (phew, I hope this gets easier in time!) I look forward to meeting you all! I'm a little bit of a slow learner, hopefully I can catch up to you guys one day! (I'm amazed with how proficient you guys are)

I do have one question, I'm having a hard time finding a sample game for RMMZ that will help me in a tutorial way (i've read some old posts about VX/ACE tutorial games, also RMMZ is very new so there might just be nothing out there yet). Anyone know of an unencryped sample game that i can use and learn from for RMMZ?

Thanks everyone and I can't wait to work together in the future! Take care!
Nova

Barthdry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Java
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to Journey in RPG Maker
There is no specific Sample RPG Game for MZ and MV. I have only seen RPGVX Ace and XP
Moreover it is new only 1 month ago it released
Have a Nice RPGMaking trip

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RMMZ has a sample project, but cannot tell if it's really learning curve.
you can also check some games made in RMMZ and see what can be possible.

while RMMZ is almost the same as RMMV, there are some features MV doesn't have,
but as far as plugins goes, some might work, some doesn't, but hte language is the
same, so there are possibilities.

I hope you enjoy the community and we do our best to help with your issues :)

Novam4a1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks a lot! I actually did find a tutorial game last night after some digging. Can post later after I get off work! What would be amazing is to find an unencrypted puzzle game that shows off a lot of different puzzles that you can do in the engine! Farewell!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are some nice puzzles made in MV and found on tutorial which can be used
or as base to extend later on your own.

those MV tutorial which are evented can also be used in RMMZ, however, some options
might be different like scriptcalls.

in RMMV: $gameParty.members()[0]; can be different in RMMZ which I dont know.
so if you pay attentions on scriptcalls and possibly plugins commands used,
than you are basicly good to go.

while most events in VXA works also nicely in MV, sometimes with very minor adjustments.
so in overall, most eventhing stuff from VX, VXA, RMMV also apply in RMMZ with or without
minor changes if you follow it correctly :)

Last edited:

Novam4a1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
there are some nice puzzles made in MV and found on tutorial which can be used
or as base to extend later on your own.

those MV tutorial which are evented can also be used in RMMZ, however, some options
might be different like scriptcalls.

in RMMV: $gameParty.members()[0]; can be different in RMMZ which I dont know.
so if you pay attentions on scriptcalls and possibly plugins commands used,
than you are basicly good to go.

while most events in VXA works also nicely in MV, sometimes with very minor adjustments.
so in overall, most eventhing stuff from VX, VXA, RMMZ also apply in RMMZ with or without
minor changes if you follow it correctly :)
Awesome! Will have to look those up for sure. Off the top of your head do you know if it’s ok to download an unencrypted MV game and “convert” it to MZ so I can play it on MZ or do I need to own a copy of MV as well? I didn’t see anything in the license of the game itself but not sure on the RTP side of things.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know if that works, while MV and MZ are different in some part of reading.
if it work IDK, but I do know that is it illigal to do though :)

Novam4a1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That’s what I was wondering if it was legal or not. So I’ll have to buy a copy of MV to play the MV tutorial games but I can convert them to MZ as long as I own The MV license (the MZ manual explains how to convert an MV game to MZ). Thanks!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV doesn't explain how to convert to MZ, if its a plugin or otherwise or the same,
but the data might be different, you need to read or ask if it can be converted.

I do know that RTP from MV and tiles from MV can only be used in other engines if you
own MV and for MZ materials in MV, MZ license is needed.

but on converting specific, there is nothing on MV tutorial, unless it's new :)

Novam4a1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MV doesn't explain how to convert to MZ, if its a plugin or otherwise or the same,
but the data might be different, you need to read or ask if it can be converted.

I do know that RTP from MV and tiles from MV can only be used in other engines if you
own MV and for MZ materials in MV, MZ license is needed.

but on converting specific, there is nothing on MV tutorial, unless it's new :)
Yeah as far as I know it only talks about it on the MZ side. In the help file for MZ it tells you how to convert your MV project to MZ (basically copy and paste your files from your MV project into a “new” MZ project and click save with the disclaimer that some plugins may not work in MZ). Makes sense for the MV assets though so I’ll probably purchase MV too so I can play the tutorial games that are already out there. Thanks for the help!

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I wanted my 100th message to be a hi to a new member bc I remember when I because new member here I was so nervous about talking to other people but they have been so nice to me here and I want to give you a warm welcome!

Novam4a1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! I wanted my 100th message to be a hi to a new member bc I remember when I because new member here I was so nervous about talking to other people but they have been so nice to me here and I want to give you a warm welcome!
Thanks! Yes everyone has been great! I look forward to discussing RM things with all of you! Congrats on your 100th message!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Having problems with enemy/monster designs. :kaosigh:
While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS