Greetings! from a 100% noob

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello fellow makers!

I am a true gamer.  I love and play video games ALL the time.  I am a huge classic games fan, and spend a lot of time replaying classic games rather than modern AAA titles (Shining Force, Final Fantasy 6-9, Final Fantasy tactics, Breath of Fire II / III, Ogre Battle 64, Phantasy Star, etc.).  I was browsing steam earlier this month and I simply could not find something I wanted to play.  So I had this brilliant idea, I'm going to make a game.  I'm just going to buckle down, learn what I need to do, and do it.

Now comes the present.  I'm a little over 100 hours deep into my first game and loving it.  However, now that I better understand the path in front of me I'm nervously excited and also a bit intimidated.  In my other life, I'm an engineer.  I'm not an artist and I'm not a programmer, but I have enough background in both to be dangerous.  Worst of all I'm a damned perfectionist (and thus struggle with what feels like infinite loops of revision).

I just wanted to drop by after lurking for a while to say hey, and let you know that you've got one more community member joining your ranks.  Thanks in advance to any and all who have already helped me learn a bit and/or will be helping me along in the future!

North_Star

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome on board Slimsy.

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome to the group!

Getting stuck in a loop of revising what you have already done as you learn more is always a hazard that is hard to avoid.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Valentines Entry, first contest I'm in and it is so much fun to just participate!
Anatomy is really hard. I'm not an artist.
just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinnerVincent