Greetings from the City of a Hundred Spires

Watchdog

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Greetings from the City of a Hundred Spires, everyone. If you cannot find it on the map, do not despair, it is just the nickname of Prague, the capital city of my homeland, the Czech Republic. :wink: It is the city where I live and work.

I am not a game developer (yet, hopefully), as I have a very demanding full time job in a very different field, and I hope to be able to stay in that job for a decade more or so.

I am just your regular guy, with hobbies like history, reading, 3D Art (I create renders in Daz Studio), video games, etc. I like fantasy and science fiction, and I love Steampunk settings and aesthetics in general.

I would love to be able to create something interactive from the Steampunk themed world I created. I am still not sure if I should go for a Ren'py visual novel, or for something more interactive and giving the feeling of a real game, such as what RPG Maker allows one to create. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Good thing is, I should be able to do the writing and 3D art myself.

I am now recovering from the first look at my brand new RPG Maker MZ, feeling absolutely overwhelmed and totally clueless, as is probably expected. :smile: I am going to have to learn so much, including importing my own creations to the engine, such as my own characters. I am sure it is going to take me quite some time to figure all of that out.

TL;DR version: Hello everyone, from a clueless newbie.

DrWho42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
henlo! welcome! do you maybe have a favourite era or focus for your history hobby?

Watchdog

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I love military history, so basically all wars and the short periods between them spent frantically preparing for the next one, as is the human nature. :smile:

Other than that, I love the mid-late Victorian/late Austro-Hungarian and Edwardian eras (generally 1848-1918), partially due to the aesthetics, the fascinating changes to the society, and due to the fact that they are often easily linkable with Steampunk.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just advertising that I released version 0.9 of my game yesterday, for feedback purposes. My first game or creative endeavor ever :D Would be cool if someone tries it out!
An overall view of my full set of sprites so far, this was really fun to work in this past year! :kaopride:
1653056206274.png

Even though the game is cancelled, I'm still doing art in my spare time and seeing how it'd look.

It's a lot of fun. Wish I could be an artist!

Look at the pretty pictures, they're so lifelike, touch them... Yes... Do so.... It will be fine... Promise. :LZSgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhantomRaptorDS