Freitzberg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

New user here. I've only downloaded RPG Maker MV a couple of days ago and I have to say it's a pretty fun experience.. albeit mind wrecking because I only have a miniscule miniscule experience with coding. Thanks for the various tutorials out there(soulpour and sumrndmdde etc etc);

I am currently learning on fidgeting the menu and trying some awesome plugins by this awesome community..

I have also used SumRndmDde's Alt KH menu, Yanfly's mainMenu manager and the AltMenu3 from.... Echo?
I know it's a cluster freak but... it works? I don't know LOL
The layout looks like this

I'm watching some tutorials right now so hopefully I can learn how to make 'em myself. Right now I have learned how to place the Save, Options, Game End commands in a new scene... which is nice.

I am primarily a character illustrator and have worked with Un*ty game engine before.

Here are samples of my works.. if you guys want to see it, lol.

Fanart from FFXIV
Fanart from ATLA

A prototype sprite i've made when I was fidgeting with Unity

Uhhmm, I have almost no experience working with Sprites before.. mostly just Coke(Forgive my lame jokes)
so this should be a most wonderful experience, i think.

I would appreciate some and advice and if you can point to more tutorials, they are surely always welcome.
And I am also looking forward to working with some of you in the future if fate permits it!
Please take care and guide me from now on!

Fugama

Means well, but messes up sometimes.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fake English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome! it's always nice to see more artists in the community

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to the forums! I like the artwork and the pun. Is the "Harold" picture in the screenshot yours as well?

Freitzberg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fugama Yes! Thank you for welcoming me!

@Llareian Thank you.. and yes, the "Harold" picture is mine as well... that or Harold was a woman character all along. LOL

Uddra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi Freitzberg, welcome!
You have awesome works, enjoy the forums!

See ya :ewink:

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome to the RPG world, where everything is amazing. Like your work, it's awesome.
I don't know about tutorials but I recommend you play around with the program before heading into real projects. Play a little with it, see what does what and don't be afraid of doing something wrong.
But most important, have fun!

Freitzberg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Uddra Thank you, enjoy life as well!

@Guiguimu Thank you for the welcome!
Indeed the people here are awesome. And yes, right now I am just playing with the RPG maker MV bit by bit.. and all the codes are destroying me but i'm learning so it's nice.

Right now, my goal is making a prologue scene which I made and trying to achieve that in RPG maker.
I'll be adding my own sprites and assets ofcourse...

Maybe I will show a video or upload a demo or something once it's finished so people can analyze it and give me more tips... and help me if they want to... help. Where can I do that btw?

P.S
I hope replying too much doesn't count as a spam.. does it?

Fugama

Means well, but messes up sometimes.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fake English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, like @Fugama said as long you don't double post within 72 hours(I guess) it's ok. And you can post demos, info, sinopse, screenshots in Early Project Feedback which is an excellent idea, since lot's of people like to help, try demos and things like that. When you do that I'll make sure to help you as much as I can.
Good luck!

Freitzberg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@LxCharon Thank you for that! The forum rules are pretty short which is nice.

@Guiguimu Yes, I will do just that after I make some sample sprites and learning how to place them on the engine.. seems pretty simple, i think?

Thank you for all the people who welcomed me! I hope to see you guys again soon in another thread and share some ideas and games with each other!

Syngeno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like your artwork here. Love seeing original work in games.

Jiffy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Welcome to RPGlandia, where the grass is nothing but greener xD,
anyways, loved the joke (somewhat annoyed I didn't think of it myself) and I hope you have a nice time here.

Freitzberg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Syngeno Welcome to the forums as well! I think.. you've only just registered right?
@WolfFS Hoho, there are many jokes out there waiting to be unveiled. Thank you for welcoming me!

Eh, One last thing... Who can I pm regarding where to put a thread I will be making in the future(soon or way further to the future)?
It's basically a "Help me choose the assets of my game" kind of thing.. and since it's not really an Early Project Development since it's more like a Pre Project Development kind of thing I don't know where to put it... It's actually just mainly to make friends but hey lol.

I just need a new fresh sets of eyes and I want new friends to help me make a decision(Of course to make new friends as well, that's the main point) ... although I'd be lucky if anyone places their input or even visits the thread.

I don't really know if I would be doing it but.. Just if, I want to know where. Thank you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.
I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol
"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keyboardjockey