Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone.

I've been using RPGMaker since about 2006 and I just now discovered that there's a community on RPGMaker's site! Call me daft, but I began on another forum community, admittedly becoming stagnant.

But now, I've made my way here to this lively place! I look forward to getting to know the community, and supporting it like a good Sona should!

I'm a writer and eventer by nature, but always looking to grow and improve.

This all said, it leads to my first site question, which I probably missed skimming the Recruitment sections; how do I go about forming a team before making a game, since I will have no demo and the like? Do I just post there?

Thanks in advance for help, and again, I look forward to becoming part of this community.

Kindly,

Chiakster

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome to the group!

You'll probably have to become known first so people know you are serious about your project, but the place to try recruiting would be here: Project Development > Project Recruitment

Just remember to read and follow the sub-forum specific rules as well as the general Forum Rules. As long as we are on the subject of rules, be aware that the profile feed/status updates also have their own rules as well. I know it sounds like a lot of rules, but for the most part they are just common sense and politeness.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your greetings! I will be sure to give the rules a read!

While I have quite a large scale project in mind, I am being patient in proceeding with it. Spoiler Alert: It's not even really about making a game, per se, though there will be plenty of game-making involved. So, it may be some time before I post there, if at all. I'm on the lookout for talented people, got my eyes on a few already. We'll just have to see how everything goes!

Suffice to say, my single strongest aim is to be as big a help to you all as I possibly can!

That rant aside, thanks again for your warm welcome. ^.^

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Welcome, Chiakster!

Just started using RPG Maker recently myself (March of this year) and my weakest area is map-making.  I'd say I'm decent at understanding events from my programming background, just working through all of the tools.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you, Marquise. ^.^

Welcome, Chiakster!

Just started using RPG Maker recently myself (March of this year) and my weakest area is map-making.  I'd say I'm decent at understanding events from my programming background, just working through all of the tools.
I'm glad you're enjoying the engine! Mapping can be a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of the process, it smooths itself out. 

doncht

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Welcome aboard buddy! Enjoy your time here. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnuRavi