KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have been waiting to get my hands on RPG Maker MZ before jumping into the community, and with last night's pre-order, I actually have access to MV now. I no longer have to wait for the newest release to dig into this series and learn how to make games for the pure joy of it, which is really exciting! I'm not new to game design, but this will be my first foray into RPG Maker.

Looking at the announcement threads, one thing stuck out to me, which would be the numerous mentions of a "RTP". My current dream with the program, once it's out a month from now, is to make something really fun using only RPG Maker MZ and its default assets. I want to show other beginners what can be made with the program as soon as they have access to it. This means not even Paint or Notepad will be used in the making of the game.

I know the above is mighty ambitious; until then I'll be using MV to understand the finer things that can be done via events. I will definitely be lurking throughout the forums whenever I hit a roadblock somewhere, as I've already consumed quite a few fine tutorials. Anyway, I am going to be pretty busy with work this week, but I hope to get to know all of you regulars with time.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my post!

Drokkkon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome!

Well I'm a little new to rpg maker mv, but if you have any beginner question I maybe can help you.

Rpg Maker is really good for creating a very personal game, I love it, except the battle system, but well plugins can change it haha

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to this community. There is a lot of potential to use the program. It is about the creativity and ingenuity. Yeah, tutorials help a lot when I get struck, plus you ask people here. They are really smart honestly because of their professional background or their experience. Not try to flattering anyone. They have their own merits.

Last edited:

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you both for the welcomes!

@Drokkkon I may take you up on that offer if I become truly stumped :rtea:

Latest Profile Posts

Tarzanthecat wrote on hiddenone's profile.
THANK YOU SO MUCH HIDDENONE ADSKFSJDFSKDF
Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington