Sugar Rush

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question #1: I have about 1 billion resources at my disposal for 32x32 grid size graphics. Will this grid size be editable? I know that there is no innate way to do it, but if it is at least in the realm of possible, that's fine for me.

Question #2: So RMVX resolution was at 544x416 or a 17x13 sized grid. RMMV resolution is currently set at 816x624 which is also a 17x13 sized grid with 1.5x resources. Same question as above, will this resolution be editable? My problem is the ratio. iPhone and Android phones have adopted a standard 16:9 resolution and I want to try to avoid black borders on my games.

Question #3: New resource development? I saw the character generator . . . awesome sauce. Might be the coolest feature of MV. Is there any information regarding the potential of adding to the generator? How would one go about making something for this complex system?

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1# As far as I know, you can't edit grid size. But, in the other hand, there is already a plugin that converts vx/ace resources to mv standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OzoWKYd7oc

2# There is also a higly customizable plugin that among other things allows you to change resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opQZj1rRZK4

3# I don't know about this one. Keep in my mind, though, that despite being relatively complex, it's easy to add things to Ace's generator, I bet MV's won't be that different in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baka-chan

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
1# As far as I know, you can't edit grid size. But, in the other hand, there is already a plugin that converts vx/ace resources to mv standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OzoWKYd7oc
It doesn't convert the vx/ace resources to mv standards. It changes the grid size in the game to whatever you choose. In other words it let's you change the size from 48x48 to 32x32 or whatever you choose in the game. For the editor itself some bigger resources are required to be displayed correctly.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question #3: New resource development? I saw the character generator . . . awesome sauce. Might be the coolest feature of MV. Is there any information regarding the potential of adding to the generator? How would one go about making something for this complex system?
Purely speculating, but I would think you could do this with image layers. Once the format is known that is. I would give it another week and we will know for sure.

Crazetex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The way the plugin works is that you have two tilesets handy -- the original ones and then ones that the plugin scales roughly to 48x48 so that you can properly map and set up events. The actual game will use the original tiles, but you can make maps in the editor even though the resized tiles aren't perfect. It's a cool system!

(this is how i understand it to work, anyway)

Sugar Rush

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you all for the replies. So I can change the resolution, just not the grid size. Also, thanks for the guide for image resizing guide, it might come in handy.

Baka-chan

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Thank you all for the replies. So I can change the resolution, just not the grid size. Also, thanks for the guide for image resizing guide, it might come in handy.
With the plugin made by Shaz you can change the grid size, but only for the game. The editor will still show you the 48x48px grid that's why you need the normal 32x32px tiles in a subfolder and a upscaled version in the main tileset folder so you can see it in the editor. After you have finished your game you can delete the upscaled version since the game itself will only need the 32x32px version from the subfolder ^^

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Could I suggest that you familiarize yourself with the MV FAQ thread which you can find here and watch the videos which are sort of tutorials.  

As has been pointed out by Shaz on numerous occasions, this forum is for support - it is explicitly NOT for asking what MV wil have/not have/will do/won't do.

Eriin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
I would love to have a grid template for MV D=

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)
Celebrating the arrival of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere :)
When doing a map or whatever, kind of wish you could round out some parts.
Glad to announce:
Released a plugin mod for MV: SelectMultipleTargets v3.0 (mod of original by Zevia)

port to MZ is following

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skarndever