Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let's say i have multiple items in a shop processing scene like so,

f91035cbc4254490bb4d95bd405fbc94.png

Does anyone know of a method to group them together so instead of four potions it only shows one of them even though there are 4 in the shop?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It only shows one line by default.  Whatever script you're using must be designed to show them individually.  Either ditch the script, see if there are customisation options so it doesn't split them, or post a link to the script so someone can have a look and fix it.

Capitán

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz I don't have any shop scripts, in case you're not understanding, I purposely added 4 or the same item in the shop processing event command like this,

85cd195ae2b74cd89f664845780bd085.png

basically, because items are added to the shop processing dynamically, some of the same items might be added to shop processing, is there a way to group them together?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh ... why would you do that?  If you add Potion to the shop, the player can buy up to 99 of them.  You don't add it 4 times to limit the player to only buying 4 - unless you have a script.

What do you mean "added to the shop processing dynamically"?  The screenshot above isn't adding items dynamically - you're being very specific about what goes in there.  If you are adding them via another method (that's really dynamic), we'd probably need to see it to be able to help you.  If you're using some sort of script calls to add items, then you would be able to first do a search to see if the item exists in the list, and only add it if it's not already there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capitán

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did that as an example, to show you how they're ungrouped, and i will try writing something using your suggestion.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Valentines Entry, first contest I'm in and it is so much fun to just participate!
Anatomy is really hard. I'm not an artist.
just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinnerVincent