Grouping traits or giving enemies inherent states

HotAndColdAF

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm very new to RMMV, so apologies if there's an obvious solution to my problem, but I've been messing around in the Database and I keep coming close to what I need, but not quite there.

So, I'm using elemental typing heavily in my game. As in all of my party members and every single enemy is sorted into one of the four classical elements kind of heavy. Each element gives its typing to the normal Attack, is strong against itself, weak against another element, strong against one status effect, and weak against one status effect. Obviously that's a lot of traits to individually put on every single enemy! So I created a state for each element grouping all of those traits, only to discover that I couldn't set enemies to inherently have states. At least, not in the enemies tab. I did figure out I could set enemies to have states through Troops, by individually setting every enemy in every troop individually to have the state once the battle starts. Which is possibly less efficient than just setting the traits on the enemies?

Is there some more efficient method I'm overlooking here, or do I need to just resign myself to the busywork?

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are using the same ones you could just shift click the list copy and paste, less lag than states and faster probably, just put them in the order of what you want to paste and what you don't below those. Make a template enemy is also a possibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

so, ive been gone for too long when i log in and see that everything is where is shouldn't be. XD
Steam killing my eyes.. I forgot why I use it only when I have no other choice
Making a map, my brain went "Look, Mjölnir!" as I plotted out a sacrificial entrance.

Actually, it went, "Look, hammer. Wait, Thor's hammer!"
CG tile rendering, take 3: windows.
which section you guys think looks more accurate to the perspective? left or right?

for reference, this is what it looks like "at street level"
Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlin