Jubs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi I had a question about how to make like a growing shop I’m sure it’s not a unique idea and someone has accomplished this.

For example if a shop sells a potion after the potion is purchased the next time they visit they will sell a greater potion.

I want to give the impression that the shop owner took the money and invested it into better items.

I haven’t been able to figure out how to make this happen.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Thank you.

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
One simple-ish way could be to save the money the player has before opening the shop scene in a variable and another variable for the money after the shop scene. If the player has less money then subtract the before money variable with the after variable. What remains is what the shops profit. Then add that value to the variable that represents how much money the player has spent at the shop.
Use the variable to set up conditional branches that opens more and more upgraded shops.

Jubs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
One simple-ish way could be to save the money the player has before opening the shop scene in a variable and another variable for the money after the shop scene. If the player has less money then subtract the before money variable with the after variable. What remains is what the shops profit. Then add that value to the variable that represents how much money the player has spent at the shop.
Use the variable to set up conditional branches that opens more and more upgraded shops.
Thanks! Im gonna give this a try tonight!

Jubs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okey nice! I have the subscription to yanfly. I take a look at this. Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a medical question for ya: Why do I start lightly coughing after I drink coffee?
Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMONEY247