ptimiya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Follow:          

Growling Garden is an eerie story that combines elements of RPG, Adventure and Puzzle games.

This is my second game after Back to Felix and I plan for this project to be somewhat bigger.

Speaking about bigger - sprites will be much larger than the standard Rpg Maker ones and main character's animation is containing 33 frames.

Also, I'm collaborating with a talented musician, - the music will be great for sure.

The game is at an early stage of production, and the release date  is unknown.

I'm trying to put as much time as possible into development, and hopefully will be able to post a demo soon. 

The story takes place in Vavylon - a post-apocalyptic world inhabited by mutated creatures.

Vavylon wasn't always like this: it was once a bright, radiant land. 

The nature and magic flourished, healing every creature.

However, a  hundred years ago an evil sorcerer, in an attempt to expand his power,

spread destruction throughout the land. There was also a good sorcerer - he was the only one who managed to keep the balance in the world.

But then, it wasn't enough; the balance was shifting.

Good and evil forces clashed at the battle.

Although the evil sorcerer was defeated, Vavylon remains  ruined to this day. 

You start playing the game as Boots. No limbs, body or head.

This is pretty inconvenient, so during the gameplay Boots will try to obtain other body parts - through

magic and gardening. While doing so, the game will slowly reveal your backstory:

you will come to understand why Boots didn't have a body at start and you will  begin to see his true goals. 

The world that player will be exploring is black and white, designed in minimalist style. 

Dark and eerie atmosphere is spooky, but not quite horror.

Thank you for reading!

Love, @ptimiya

Evil Sorerer.png     Screen 2.png

Screen 1.png    Mandalina.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mieze

Maker Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
That looks ... scary .. and very disturbing.
Somehow cool, something else. Have not seen yet.

I'm curious about more. :)

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Amazing what can be done with the rpgmaker engine! It is a bit hard figuring out more about your gameplay just from these screenshots but I understand that this is just meant as a teaser for now. I really like the simple black and white design and the dark lightning. It will be interesting to see more! 

Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
It's... very unique!

I've never seen something like this. :)

I would like to see the game play.

ptimiya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That looks ... scary .. and very disturbing.
Somehow cool, something else. Have not seen yet.

I'm curious about more. :)
Glad it got you interested :)

Amazing what can be done with the rpgmaker engine! It is a bit hard figuring out more about your gameplay just from these screenshots but I understand that this is just meant as a teaser for now. I really like the simple black and white design and the dark lightning. It will be interesting to see more! 
Yeah t's an early development and I don't want to show anything that is a subject to change. Mostly you'll be doing puzzles, battling monsters and experiencing a twisted story.

ow! its have video gameplay?
No, not yet.

It's... very unique!

I've never seen something like this. :)

I would like to see the game play.
Thank you :)

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks sooo cool! I can't wait to play it! keep the good job :)

Seerfree

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow, this looks awesome! I love the style... looks like it has the potential to be very creepy, in a very good way. I like the concept of trying to find more body parts for Boots. Good luck with development ^^

ptimiya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, this looks awesome! I love the style... looks like it has the potential to be very creepy, in a very good way. I like the concept of trying to find more body parts for Boots. Good luck with development ^^
Thank you!

Here is the main theme for Growling Garden written by Zerocrossing:

Eliel Micmás

The Drawing One
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you!

Here is the main theme for Growling Garden written by Zerocrossing:

Amazing theme! It really conveys the game's creepy aspect - it sounds actually a little more futuristic and electronic than I expected, which is actually something nice.

ptimiya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Amazing theme! It really conveys the game's creepy aspect - it sounds actually a little more futuristic and electronic than I expected, which is actually something nice.
Thanks! I'll pass the compliments to the musician.

The natural choice to fit such art style would be indeed, an instrumental music; but I'm a sucker for good electonic/idm :)

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks! I'll try to make the gameplay as interesting as graphics look :p   Will be asking for for ppl's feedback and ideas soon.
I have a idea, can you highlight the thing you try interact to with an different color, like the screen with the book, the book for example. What you think?

Bitschi

super duper busy ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm loving the feeling this game is giving off! Very cool, very spooky. It gives me The Cat Lady game vibes without being like it at all, I'm super excited to see what else is going to come out of this game.  :D

ptimiya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a idea, can you highlight the thing you try interact to with an different color, like the screen with the book, the book for example. What you think?
I was actually thinking of doing that, only to fill not with color, but to make it more lit with light when you come close to interactive object. If I'll decide to implement it (depending on how many objects in game i'll have and if that will affect game's performance ), it will be done on the final polishing stage.

I'm loving the feeling this game is giving off! Very cool, very spooky. It gives me The Cat Lady game vibes without being like it at all, I'm super excited to see what else is going to come out of this game.  :D
Thank you! :)

ptimiya

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
New Screenshot

I decided to draw unique sprites that won't be repeating in a game -

instead of having one-two tree sprites and copy-pasting them all over the scene, each object in game will be unique.

This approach takes a lot of time, so we'll see if I keep doing that.
PS: Happy New Year!

Bricabrac

The Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Following, because this is strange.

Consider me interested.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This game looks absolutely insane. I think your game is haunting me.
Subscribed.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks guys!!!

Thought this one is fun to share - sketch of one of the npc's. Will be polished and stuff ^^
I want to play this right now.

But patience is a virture...great looking stuff here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.<
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.
The BIGGEST immersion breaker for Sword Art Online is that Kirito keeps finding overpowered playstyles using "bad things nobody uses cuz its bad". Players WILL use bad gear BECAUSE it's bad.
When I said I'd make 20 games in 2020, I scared myself. Now it's mid-February, and I've made 6 games. So I got this. But, then again...do I got this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ally_dwight