GTBS Question

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by OrangePeelPanda, Jun 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. OrangePeelPanda

OrangePeelPanda Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    So I've been using GTBS for my game.  I've been able to disable the mini battles as I just want the battle to take place on the map.  I would go to GubiD's site but it seems to be having troubles as of a few days ago.  If there is another resource that holds all the how to use certain things or a copy of the FAQ/Wiki originally on his site somewhere please let me know!  Also, I hope I'm posting this to the right area, if not, I can delete and move this to the proper area.

As I'm designing skills I've come across a few challenges:

1)

I want to make a skill that's just a horizontal line looks like this:

XXX

A

Where A is the player and xxx is the area marked for his skill, kind of like a cleave skill. but usually it ends up like this:

X

XXX

A

Since area is set to 1.  If there's no good way to change it I can live with it. 

2)

When using the cleave skill I want the center target to take 100% and the rest to take a smaller % of the damage, I looked up the Chain Lightning part, but when I add it into the notes, it doesn't seem to be working :/ Is there someplace else I should add it to? or do I have to add an effect to it?

3)

When the player attacks and there are multiple enemies in the skill range, he does the attack multiple times, is there a way to set 1 animation for a large area of effect attack?

2. iNBee317

iNBee317 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Sorry I will not be of much help. Just wanted to say I have been in the same dilemma. Cant access his site and other resources on using his system are sort of scattered and sporadic. Hopefully it comes back online soon!