Guard skill not working or not removing.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am using the CTB system by Yanfly. When I use the guard command the effect will either
A: Show up on the characters name for a moment and disappear before they get attacked, making it pointless.
or
B: Put the actor in an infinite guard state that never ends.

I've been trying "turn end" or action end" for duration and I don't see a difference, but I only want it to last until the actor's next turn. How do I fix this?

http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/05/yep-38-battle-system-charge-turn-battle/

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
"i'm using the CTB syste"... well, there is more than one ctb system out there so if you don't post a link to wich one you're using it will be hard to know your issue.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please link to the battlescript you're using and give a screenshot of your guard skill.

Most probably the change in the battlesystem changed the turn handling, and we need to know how it was changed to help you in any way.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Almost definitely a problem with the way that CTB handles turns (or your understanding of it)... read the instructions and documentation thoroughly, and if it doesn't say anything about states and turns that would explain the behavior you're seeing, then report the bug to the plugin's author.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your help. I wasn't sure it was actually because of that plug in, my mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyBrowney