Guardinthena's Fantasy Generator Expansion-Dwarfs!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Guardinthena, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Guardinthena

Guardinthena Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am so very pleased to announce that I acquired MV recently and have fully dived into a long awaited project that I wanted to do-dwarfs! I was always so displeased with the lack of diversity amongst the fantasy genre of our beloved elves, dwarfs, and general beards. So I'm rectifying that. Hopefully over this weekend I'll be dropping some items for the first half of what is to be a mega expansion for MV's generator so that the community can finally make their civilization of dwarfs! I'll be posting examples below of what is to come!

Update:
    Due to the size of what I intend to create I'm breaking my Dwarf Mega-Pack into three separate flavors. The first that I've tentatively titled 'Dwarves' will just feature assets of everyday dwarves-noses,ears,eyes, some beards and hairstyles. I'm thinking when I get to the next half, entitled 'Dwarf Lords' I'll get to the more decorative hairstyles, beards, etc. Overall the entire set will include but is not limited to:

UPDATED: JULY, 2019

*5 Noses
    *14 Facial Marks (3 Blood decals, 3 dirt/grime, 1 soot smudge, 3 freckles, 3+scars)
    *4 Ears for male/female (1 normal, 3 variants of battle-scarred ears, 1 bandaged, 3 bloodied) --COMPLETE
    *35+ BEARDS A plethora of new beards for males and a variety for females!
    *??+ A generous amount of new hairstyles for male and females
    *3 minimum New body sprites for dwarf build (if you're the type like me that's trying to use tall sprites for humans, and chibi for small folk ;) ) --ABANDONED
    *3 Glasses
    *4 Accessory 1 (Found out from testing last night that I had to move my 3 bloody ears and 1 bandaged ear to accessories).
    *8+? Accessory 2 (2 Miner hats, 3 hats for the everyday citizen, 1 hood, 3 helmets, 1 crown)
    *2+ Eyebrows
    *?? Faces (new faces for that heavier, stocky dwarf look for male and females)

And much, much more!!

Terms:
    These are free for commercial and non-commercial use so long as you own RPG Maker MV. I only ask that you credit me and send me a message letting me know what game they are in. I would love to play your game and see how the resources were used! If I get a free copy of your commercial game that would be great too!:kaoluv:

After downloading the images, make sure to re-number them when you drop them in your MV Generator so that it does not override any of your other pieces!

FACE
    FACES
    FG_Face_p13_c1_m001.png FG_Face_p15_c1_m001.png

BEARD
    Two of the below are edits of Beard 7 in the generator.
    FG_Beard_p12_c1_m003.png FG_Beard_p13_c1_m003.png FG_Beard_p18_c1_m003.png

EARS
    The base dwarf ear is just an enlargement of the original one offered in the generator.
    FG_Ears_p03_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p04_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p05_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p06_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p07_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p08_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p09_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p10_c1_m001.png

EYES
    FG_Eyes_p28_c1_m002.png FG_Eyes_p28_c2.png

NOSE
    FG_Nose_p20_c1_m001.png FG_Nose_p18_c1_m001.png
    VARIATIONS
    The variations Dwarf-Beard icon is a copy of the messier original one in the generator. I wasn't sure how to edit it at the time to reflect any difference of the two.

icon_Beard_p012.png icon_Ears_p03.png icon_Eyes_p28.png icon_Face_p15.png icon_Face_p13.png icon_Nose_p20.png icon_Nose_p18.png icon_Ears_p04.png icon_Ears_p05.png icon_Ears_p06.png icon_Ears_p07.png icon_Ears_p08.png icon_Ears_p09.png icon_Ears_p010.png

TV
    TV_Beard1_p13.png TV_Beard1_p13_c.png TV_Beard1_p18.png TV_Beard1_p18_c.png

SV

SV_Beard_p13.png SV_Beard_p13_c.png SV_Beard_p18.png SV_Beard_p18_c.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019 at 4:56 PM
  2. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This is exciting. Dwarves often have thick, stocky/fat looking faces. As well as huge noses and powerful, shaggy eyebrows. Pieces that are lacking in the community currently.

There's loads of parts to make beautiful characters, but not many for rugged, rough looking brutes. It will be especially nice to see female pieces that have this look as well.

3. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I certainly intend to incorporate ALL of that! :thumbsup-left: I'm a huge 'Hobbit' and Dungeons and Dragons fan so a lot of inspiration for the parts I'm making come from that. I've also played a bit of World of Warcraft so the dwarfs in that are on my mind as well when it comes to this project, but that's not as prominent a reference source.

MMMm and starlight dream like this.
  4. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yeah. The dwarves aren't ugly, they just aren't super models. It'll be so nice to have characters that aren't conventionally beautiful.

Are any of those helmets going to be animal heads, like bear skulls? You said WoW is an inspiration. Does that mean fur armors too?

Guardinthena likes this.
  5. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I hadn't thought of animal skulls but that would be a good one! I'm open to suggestion for ideas. I was thinking a horned cap and another with a nose bridge guard-thingie. I was at work brainstorming so I didn't get farther than that. I was thinking like a fur cloak or something. Honestly, hadn't brainstormed clothes out just yet. Was going to save that probably for last because it looked like it was going to be the most work. But definitely wanted to do something like heavy armor, leathers, hides, miner outfits, nobility, that sort of thing.

Oghmios1337, Shinma and MMMm like this.
  6. SeaPhoenix

SeaPhoenix Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for posting these, and looking forward to seeing what else you make. I think customizable dwarves for the generator are a great addition!

MMMm and Guardinthena like this.
  7. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wanted to post an update about the progress of this: I've created additional beards and will showcase examples later tonight. A few of them will be freely offered because they use the base game resources heavily (I feel).

starlight dream and MMMm like this.
  8. waz

waz Veteran Veteran

This one's in the bag! Thanks for these! Credits will be given if ever I'll use them :D

Looking forward for the TV,TVD,SV ! Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  9. Papa Goblin

Papa Goblin Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    They look great! As a noob, how do I download and install them?

10. SrYakuza

SrYakuza Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm with you, Papa. I cannot find where I can download this.
    Someone help us, please. :D

11. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    They're pictures. You don't download them, you right click and save them. Also there's a generator tutorial stickied at the top of the section for MV tutorials. Please don't ask how to use art in the artist's resource threads. Asking in the appropriate place (resource support) would have gotten a faster response.

12. CaptainRadish

CaptainRadish Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    These look awesome. I'm looking forward to the finished work. Dwarves are fun. :smile:

Guardinthena likes this.
  13. PhxFire

PhxFire Igneus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey @Guardinthena has this project been abandoned or are you still creating more dwarf parts? I love what you have already and if there's more that would be amazing!

Oghmios1337 and Guardinthena like this.
  14. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello @PhxFire! I never meant to abandon this project. Life happened (two little babies in fact! ;) ) I've been thinking of returning to creating more parts in recent weeks. In fact I was debating creating the beards from the Hobbit movies as a way to get my creative muses flowing again before delving back into my own pieces.

Oghmios1337, MMMm and PhxFire like this.
  15. PhxFire

PhxFire Igneus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That would be awesome if you get back into it, and if not that's totally understandable too... life does tend to happen :p Congrats on the babies!

Oghmios1337, MMMm and Guardinthena like this.
  16. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you! My eldest is a crazy ball of energy. I am lucky that the second is so chill.

But about the generator parts-I believe I have more pieces to beards that I did images of and never posted here. I believe I was going to do all the other generator parts that went with them and then got sidetracked. I can see if I find anything post worthy tonight.

MMMm likes this.
  17. PhxFire

PhxFire Igneus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's great! Ya I totally understand crazy kids my mom runs a daycare and I've got a 4yr old little bro on top of it all lmao

MMMm and Guardinthena like this.
  18. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    After two long years--UPDATE!!

I feel bad that it took this long to get these out. I actually had these done two years ago and I've been sitting on them ever since! I'm sorry everyone! I had good intentions-I swear! I wanted to have all the generator bits ready to go at once, and I ran into issues with skin color layer. I still don't have all the pieces together, but I do have the Face and Variation bit available and I think that's just as well.

May I present: Additional Dwarf Ears

Why? Well, while I clean up the other dwarf generator bits I've been sitting on, and create Variations for those and well, everything else, the Ears were the ones that were ready to be uploaded. But why more ears?

Battle scars. Dwarves end up in a lot of battles and injuries happen. So I've created seven variations of the base dwarf ear- 3 injured ears, 3 bloodied, and 1 bandaged. Use them for storytelling, or use them so your dwarf has character.

The first of the injured ears is just a nick. Maybe he narrowly missed a sword swing that would have taken his eye. That dwarf has a battle story to tell you about it. The second injured ear got lobbed off. That dwarf fellow took a closer blow. Maybe it was torn off by a mace--or that sword. And the last injured ear was suppose to be bitten off at the top. Oh boy, don't ask that dwarf about that one. He won't stop until his story is told about the goblin that jumped him from behind in that one battle that happened sixty years ago. What do you mean it wasn't a goblin? Well, okay, maybe it was a warg. Or an orc. Point is it was bitten off.

EARS AND VARIATIONS
    icon_Ears_p04.png icon_Ears_p05.png icon_Ears_p06.png icon_Ears_p07.png icon_Ears_p08.png icon_Ears_p09.png icon_Ears_p010.png
    FG_Ears_p04_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p05_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p06_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p07_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p08_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p09_c1_m001.png FG_Ears_p10_c1_m001.png

WARNING: When uploading these to your generator please make sure to number them correctly! If you do not they will override whatever generator part that is currently numbered with that...well, number.

CoryH, KRS, MMMm and 1 other person like this.
  19. KRS

KRS Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    These are really fantastic, I look forward to seeing what else you have sitting around. I've had an idea for a travelling dwarf merchant for a long while now and these parts should help me build him.

Guardinthena and MMMm like this.
  20. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @KRS-- Oo! Travelling dwarf merchant--sounds interesting or shady, depending on the dwarf. And oh, I am sitting on quite a bit from two years ago, including some unreleased noses, hair and beards. Quite a few beards actually. Unfortunately it is all the Face and Variations and nothing for the TV, SV or TVD. I am eager to post just what I have but I feel it would be unfair without the rest of the material. When I get some free time later today I am going to try and tackle one of the hair and beards that is closest to completion.

I was thinking I might even show off what I have sitting around later today-- which again is just Face and Variation-- in some sneak peak pictures. I did three facesets last night and can slap together a few more so everyone can see what's in store.

CoryH, MMMm and PhxFire like this.