Guardinthena's Fantasy Generator Expansion-Dwarfs!

Kostekaro

Village blacksmith
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
HI. I like yours works but i have big problem with it :(
bug.jpg
can you pack these files into one download link? I will be very grateful :) I will try many times but most of it didnt load ever :(

zousug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I downloaded some of these dwarf parts but I am having a small issue.
When I make the char the battle spirit does not generate with most of these parts :(

Abeas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys. It seems that some people have problems with those parts. I'll try to help from what I noticed myself : first, you need to rename the bandage ear variation "p010" to "p10" in order for it to appear in the generator. Also, for @Kostekaro's problem, if you are using Firefox, you need to do right click on the (for example) "TVD_Beard_p50.png" text and select "refresh image", the image should appear.

Last edited:

olddelo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, new to this, but I'll be using these in my project. Making a faction of dwarves, there will be a city, perhaps a town or two, a mine, and several dwarves scattered through the rest of the world.

Really wanted some dwarf parts and these look fantastic! Looking forward to more updates!

Wanted to point out a discovery I made while setting these up. Elves are in the ears (hair and body type are second but it's ears for sure) dwarves are all in the nose (second is head shape and body type but its nose for sure) Again, these are amazing, thank you!

(I hope you'll look forward to playing the completed thing in the future)

Tzargotha

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Brilliant, thank you! I am only building a small RPG (non-commercial) for my girls to play on. Are you planning, between feeds and changing nappies (or possibly homeschooling...) to make a hair-style or two?

Sirius270

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!! I completely love your resources!! With your permission, could I create (haven't done so, yet) and post a .zip file with all of this in it for easy use of new users? Wishing you the best with your little ones (I just had one myself!!!), and here's to hoping for more amazing things in the future. <3

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice! I can't believe I didn't know about these (and your other assets) sooner lol. Now all I need are Orc parts, but not the "pig" looking Orcs (I hate the RTP Orcs).

RPG Maker RTP/Kadokawa/Enterbrain/(w/e they call themselves)'s idea of an "Orc":
Orc.png

My idea of an Orc:
Grommash_Glowei.jpg
3f48d678c436dd5c2077d5a331d26b11.jpg
Edit: Btw, what sprite base do you guys use for your Dwarves? (Since they're typically shorter)

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It has been a very long time since I've visited this thread and, reading through the most recent messages, I don't think I was receiving notifications for some of those, or I was just gone for so long that I missed a good portion.

So, I've seen comments around the forums, such as in the resource thread, of people asking for dwarf generator pieces and commenting that my pieces weren't 'dwarf' enough for them....well, you'd be right. I'm willing to admit that. I began small with this ambitious project, first dabbling into how to make generator pieces before building up to what would become the complicated dwarven beards--but I never got that far. Hopefully, this will change some things.

Avery's Advent Calendar Day event for December 2020 has put me in a jolly giving mood, so I dug through my old art projects folder and found this beauty! It was near finished when it was abandoned, and I was partially confused why I had stopped working on it when I remembered why--those dang braids on the beard Face. Well, it's done, and I'm finally sharing it with everyone!

This dwarven hairstyle was inspired by The Hobbit trilogy by Peter Jackson, specifically the dwarf Nori. These generator pieces were originally abandoned because it was very involved and I met with several issues along the way that I did not fully understand how to deal with at the time (but that I do now). As part of this involved hairstyle, it is comprised of Front Hair, Back Hair, Accessory 1 and 2, and the Beard. This requires a little explanation for the reasoning, if you are interested in reading that I have explained my reasoning in the specific spoiler section.

Also, SV is not available for Hair or Beard.

Before installing in your Generator Folder, please, PLEASE, verify that it will not override anything that you already have installed.

NoritheDwarf.png
Accessory 1 & 2
These Beard and Front Hair pieces were originally separated into Accessory 1 and 2, because the default generator does not recognize sub color categories for Beard and (at the time) the Front Hair was in Eyebrows, so it just ended up here.
FG_AccA_p50_c1_m013.pngFG_AccB_p51_c1_m016.png

Front Hair
Originally this Front Hair piece was under Eyebrows, where I still feel it rightfully belongs, however when the Back Hair was selected it covered up the top of the extended Eyebrows, so it was moved to Front Hair. The Eyebrow Rings were put into Accessory because it was originally in Eyebrows, and I was too lazy to make changes.
FG_FrontHair_p500_c1_m003.pngTV_FrontHair1_p500.pngTV_FrontHair1_p500_c.pngTVD_FrontHair_p500.pngTVD_FrontHair_p500_c.png

Back Hair
FG_RearHair1_p500_c1_m003.pngFG_RearHair2_p500_c1_m003.pngTV_RearHair1_p500.pngTV_RearHair1_p500_c.pngTV_RearHair2_p500.pngTV_RearHair2_p500_c.pngTVD_RearHair_p500.pngTVD_RearHair_p500_c.png

Beard
FG_Beard_p62_c1_m003.pngTV_Beard1_p62.pngTV_Beard1_p62_c.pngTVD_Beard_p62.pngTVD_Beard_p62_c.png

Variations
I apologize in advance that the Variations are sloppy and inaccurate in their depiction for three of them, but they do work.
icon_AccA_p50.pngicon_AccB_p51.pngicon_Beard_p62.pngicon_FrontHair_p500.pngicon_RearHair_p500.png

Last edited:

KRS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
oh nice, new dwarf stuff is always welcome :D

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Second dwarf generator upload is inspired by Dori the Dwarf from Peter Jackson's 'The Hobbit' trilogy. This upload includes a new hairstyle, beard, and two accessories to complete the look: the first accessory is for the dwarf earrings, and the second is for the beard ring.

As always, please be careful when installing these generator pieces to your engine so that you do not override something else.

@KRS - Thank you for leaving a comment to show support! I wasn't sure if anyone was still interested or if this thread was simply dead.

DoritheDwarf.png
Accessory 1 & 2
FG_AccA_p51_c1_m013.pngFG_AccB_p52_c1_m016.pngTV_AccB_p52.pngTV_AccB_p52_c.png

Beard
FG_Beard_p63_c1_m003.pngTV_Beard1_p63.pngTV_Beard1_p63_c.pngTVD_Beard_p63.pngTVD_Beard_p63_c.png

Rear Hair
FG_RearHair1_p501_c2_m003.pngFG_RearHair2_p501_c2_m003.pngFG_RearHair2_p501_c1_m004.pngTV_RearHair2_p501.pngTV_RearHair2_p501_c.pngTVD_RearHair_p501.pngTVD_RearHair_p501_c.png

Variation
icon_AccA_p51.pngicon_AccB_p52.pngicon_Beard_p63.pngicon_RearHair_p501.png

Last edited:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OritheDwarf.png
Third dwarf generator pieces to be uploaded mimics the style of Ori the Dwarf from Peter Jackson's 'The Hobbit' trilogy. For those that do not know, Ori was portrayed as a young dwarf in the movie and came off as a little nerdy, inexperienced and a scholar. I hope I've managed to capture that essence with these edited beard and hairstyle. I think it would be perfect for dwarf clerics/healers, scholars or young dwarfs in RPG games.

This Rear Hair, Front Hair and Beard heavily uses the existing pieces in the generator (the front hair is from the kids) with some editing. Once again, I had to create an Accessory 2 piece for the Front Hair, so that the user could decide whether or not they wanted the front blue ribbon or if they wanted to change the color.

Accessory 2
FG_AccB_p53_c1_m016.png

Beard
FG_Beard_p64_c1_m003.pngTV_Beard1_p64.pngTV_Beard1_p64_c.png

Front Hair
FG_FrontHair_p501_c1_m003.pngTV_FrontHair1_p501.pngTV_FrontHair1_p501_c.png

Rear Hair
FG_RearHair1_p502_c2_m003.pngFG_RearHair2_p502_c2_m003.pngFG_RearHair1_p502_c1_m004.pngTV_RearHair1_p502.pngTV_RearHair1_p502_c.pngTV_RearHair2_p502.pngTV_RearHair2_p502_c.png

Variation
icon_AccB_p53.pngicon_Beard_p64.pngicon_FrontHair_p501.pngicon_RearHair_p502.png

cdjensen94

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't mean to be a nag, but some of the beard images are missing.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you, could you be a little more specific? Are you trying to save the images on the first page and it is showing a broken image file? If so, that's just a matter of refreshing your webpage until the image appears. If it is something else, please do explain.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is this Profile Banner thing new? Or did I just discovered it now?
Well.. I was going to post my randomly generated road experiments... But the new "Attach Files" on profile posts seems to be quite buggy. Also there's no more option to insert Imgur images. Highly unfortunate. Guess I'll give them a bit to fix it and go back to messing with stuff.
my first day back to working on my project and i'm pooped!! hope to get back in the rhythm soon!
I just came up with a very original RPG Idea. This is so well written that it might be the first RPG I actually finish making. (I’ve stopped all my projects halfway through development. I don’t think this one will be the same.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danysanca