Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Advent Calendar Day 4!:kaojoy:

Across many cultures we have been passed down warnings to beware old woods, dark woods. Those trees have memories or that dark forces, unknown and malicious, live within. In ancient Greece, for example, foresters worried about cutting down trees out of fear that the tree they were cutting could be a dryad in disguise and in felling the creature they would incur the wrath of the gods. Well... there may have been something to those old warnings...

For todays Advent treat I present to you, the community, Mimic Trees! Terrible creatures that pose as other objects, mundane or otherwise, to ambush their prey when they least expect it! With just a few small edits to the RTP fantasy tree and the SF tree, we have two mimics. Need battler's for the new mimics? You are in luck! The design is based off of @Thalzon's MV Battlers!

MimicTreeStory1.PNGMimicTreeStory2.PNG

!$Mimic_Tree1.png!$Mimic_Tree2SF.png

MangaB

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kasa okabe's long lost cousin?
No but seriously @Guardinthena you could easily rework this into a umbrella ghost if you wanted to

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MangaB, the only reason I know what an Kasa Okabe is is because of whtdragon's sprites XD. You can find whtdragon's Kasa Okabe under the Mythological Animals tab if you are interested in one ;) But given that it has already been made I am not much interested in doing one myself.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That final pose is so sassy! Hands on hips (metaphorically speaking, ofc) and a good solid glare. Nice work.

Could I ask a favour? I use dark theme and the last couple of days I think you have used black text colour, rather than automatic. That makes it impossible to read without highlighting. Would you think of reverting to automatic? Thanks.

MangaB

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MangaB, the only reason I know what an Kasa Okabe is is because of whtdragon's sprites XD. You can find whtdragon's Kasa Okabe under the Mythological Animals tab if you are interested in one ;) But given that it has already been made I am not much interested in doing one myself.
Thanks for the heads up!

MarianGh

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for all the hard work! It's amazing to see people still sharing MV resources <3

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes - Oh dear! I did not realize there was a problem. Thank you for letting me know. Please tell me if today's message comes up.

@MangaB - You are welcome. I hope Whtdragon's sprites have helped you out some?

@MarianGh - Thank you! X) Have people stopped sharing MV resources? I wasn't aware, though I am not surprised given that MZ has come out. I was informed though that the MV and MZ sprites are the same size and can be used without too much graphical issues.

Advent Calendar Day 5:

On the fifth day of the Advent our heroes have encountered: Fungi's! XD Their secret fungi village was hidden deep within the Mimic Forest, pass all those darned traps. (Seems Avery and I had the same idea today ;D ) The Fungi's don't receive much in the way of visitors to their settlement, yet offer a place of safe haven for the weary travelers.

If anyone has been following my postings, then you will know I posted earlier this year my Fungi's, using Hiddenone's Hine Sprites as the base for the model. The faceset and busts provided for today's advent match those funny little guys. I am only missing one faceset/bust, and that is the chanterelle fungi.

I will admit that my art style is vastly different from what people are use to with the RTP. But attempts I have made in the past to try and replicate that anime style are just...it's bad. So, I am not going to even try anymore and am sharing my style with the community. I began with Teacup, and now we have the Fungi's. Is this a style the community likes and would like to see more of? Does anyone like the Fungi's? If there is enough demand for it, I might be willing to do a full emoset for each Fungi.

Mushroom Sample.PNG

Fungi1.png

Mushroom1_1.pngMushroom1_2.pngMushroom1_3.pngMushroom1_4.pngMushroom1_5.pngMushroom1_7.pngMushroom1_8.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, the message came up perfectly.

And those fungi are wonderful, full of style and confidence. I'm glad you don't work in the RTP anime style. Your own is easily the equal of it, and introduces some more desperately needed variety.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love the bear traps!

Now the mimic trees just need someone to make a battler :wink:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But @ATT_Turan, someone already made a battler! I mentioned in the post and linked to it already that the mimic trees were based on one of Thalzon's MV static battlers! Click the link I provided and download the master file. The battler is labeled Tree...#4, I think.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well there goes my reading comprehension :guffaw:

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That Fungi looks like Meruem from Hunter x Hunter

It looks very good though.

MangaB

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New Jojo Stand just dropped! XD
I'll see myself out.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Halcyon Days - I had no idea who Meruem was from Hunter x Hunter and had to look it up. I see what you mean now, there is type of similarity there. XD

@MangaB - Everyone is throwing references at me that I just don't get! XD Had to look up Jojo's Big Adventure and quickly realized why you said that! Good one!

Today is St. Nicolas Day, and have I got a treat for the community! From the same content creator that brought everyone the Micro Beehive Biome, may I proudly present:

Advent Calendar Day 6: HEAVEN MICRO BIOME!

HeavenSample3.PNGHeavenSample1.PNG

I am so proud of this tileset! I have been eager to do it for a long time, and when @Avery approached me months back about doing the Advent Calendar this year, she suggested I finally get on it and even kindly offered pointers on the design. (Again, thank you so much, Avery for the tips!)

The Heaven Micro Biome provided comes with: 1 White Cloud, 1 Grey Cloud, and 1 Storm Cloud A2 autotile + 'bush' clouds that can be used to stack on top of the 'ground' clouds to layer them. Or use the 'bush' clouds as a fog. (Some transparency required) The set also includes an A1 sheet with Light and Heavy Rainfall in three colors: Rain Default, Acid Rain and Blood Rain for those that want to get biblical. Also within is a small Tile E sheet and a char of Heaven's Gate! Have fun and go crazy with the new Heaven Micro Biome!

!!Warning: Using the clouds as an A2 autotile will require a lot of shift clicking!! To avoid this, anyone could simply move the A2 tiles to the Tile E sheet and go from there.

The Cloud autotiles, rain, and fences were made from scratch, so they may be used in any engine. The vine and beanstalk plant are, obviously, part of the RTP with some edits to make them fit the biome. I added onto the beanstalk plant to extend it into the hole, so that it may be used with Avery's beanstalk if any one wanted to use that as an approach to reach the Heaven micro biome.

Need some extra tiles to make your new Heaven/Cloud Biome vision come true? Avery has a lot of incredible material, you just have to comb through Avery's awesome thread. There are giant beanstalk tiles to use as a means to reach the micro biome. Once up on top of the clouds, Avery has some beautiful stained glass windows, large angel statues, large towers, a large scale RTP Temple and angels and the waterfalls I used in the sample images. Whtdragon has snowy tiles that could be used as 'cloud' covering everything, and Hiro has floating island tiles if that helps anyone.

Happy RPGing everyone!:kaojoy:I would love to see what wonders the community comes up with!

Heaven Autotile_A2.pngRain_A1.pngRain_Heavy_A1.pngHeaven_E.pngHeaven_E_ALT2.pngHeaven_E_ALT3.png!$Heaven_Gate.png

Last edited:

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Guardinthena I noticed you had an Advent Calendar going on and took a look. I really gotta explore the entirety of this thread, but wow, your stuff looks so beautiful! My favorite so far is probably Teacup (maybe. It's honestly hard to choose just one).

Side note: As a Pokémon fan, the first thing I thought of upon seeing Teacup was an RM version of Sinistea and Polteageist from Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Somehow I missed the big mushrooms. Every one of them looks like it's just waiting to show me how much it can lift. :guffaw:

And great work with the cloud biome. Autotiles are a pain enough to make without also having puffy edges.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
they look so nice, you could zip it in a package and on your main post
for easier download :)

Latest Profile Posts

So I managed to scare my chief. Between shifts I had an appointment with my psychiatrist, so prior to it I'd told him "If I ain't coming today, they've kept me there.". Then as I was asleep, my phone died. So I overslept and through the entire time I was unreachable.
I spent so much time toiling in VX Ace frankensteining scripts together only for MV to come along and just... have everything.

The overworld tool system in particular I thought was gonna take me a million years to recreate, but nope. Thanks Moghunter.
Going to go live way earlier than usual tonight, pretty much in 20 minutes, purely because I'm bored. :LZSlol:

So... I'm gonna be a parent... XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eternaldes