tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Those clouds look fantastic. Having serious Super Mario RPG nostalgia.

Matrien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow- I spent a bunch of time a while back looking for a cloud tileset and found a couple that sort of worked, but nothing quite right. This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Having reached new heights with the Heaven Micro Biome, it is only natural that our heroes encounter new monsters in the form of...

Advent Calendar Day 7: WIND ELEMENTALS!

I dug into the old XP engine and revived the Wind Elemental for MV! She returns with a rush upon her nimbus cloud, but is she ready to aid or hinder our heroes?

Once she was revived, her original blue shade just did not fit in with MV's Wind Faerie, so I went about recoloring her to match. And then, well, I couldn't just stop at two recolors. There are Four Winds after all: north, south, east, and west, but since I couldn't think of good colors for compass directions, I went with biomes. So, we have Ocean Wind Elemental, Forest/Jungle Wind Elemental, Desert Wind Elemental and Volcanic Wind Elemental. The remaining three were designed to match the color of the clouds for the Heaven Biome, so no matter the weather, the Wind Elementals will reflect! X) And last but far from least, our lovely lady arrives in the company of little Nimbus Clouds: one Happy, another Stormy and ready for mischief. Once again, the Nimbus Clouds are based off of two of @Thalzon's MV Battlers, so you have some on map enemies with matching battlers right off the bat!

Have fun populating the new Heaven Biome, or any location of your RPG games!
Wind_Elemental_Walk.pngCloud_Small.png

@Sword_of_Dusk ~ My hubby has played a bit of Pokemon Sword and Shield but I do not think he ever came across Sinistea or Poltergeist. I have never heard of them until your post, and I think they are simply adorable! Makes me want to jump on Sword and Shield and track the little guys down.

@WaywardMartian ~ Hahaha! They *do* look like they are asking how much you lift, don't they? I suppose I may have to create some others with more personality? And the cloud autotiles for the clouds were pretty tricky. Luckily Avery helped me out with that. ;)

@Avery ~ I had no idea you loved the rain autotiles so much! Goodness! And gosh darn those danged Slimes! First our fountains and sewer systems, now the clouds themselves!? When will the reign of Slime terror end!

@tumsterfest ~ I will admit that the Mario theme music was playing in my head while I was creating them XD

@GalacticGod ~ Thank you so much for saying so! I had plans to create a Heave/Cloud micro biome for awhile. It was a thing in the XP engine. No idea why they took it out. Seemed like it would be a thing that a lot of players enjoy.

@Matrien ~ Your comment means a lot. It is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping would help the community.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To be fair, my first thought on the big mushrooms was 'bad-boy character in a dating sim', so I guess he can try to woo you with how much he lifts.

The wind elementals and Little Cloud Friends are fantastic. ^_^

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am using tall sprites in my current project, but I've thought of a cunning plan for how to use these anyway. Now I need to find a way of creating SV animated battlers as, sadly, Thalzon's static battlers won't work for me. Even if I can't I can think of a way of using these as NPCs. Thank you.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Definitely going to put those clouds to good use. Thanks so much for adding both fair and a foul weather versions.

Fortunastreet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here we have the water, wind, thunder, fire, ice and darkness spirit.
They are so beautiful. :kaojoy:

With some recoloring, I will have the light and earth spirit as well.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Oh, I thought I had posted something yesterday: I really love the heaven biome. It was one of my favourite tilesets in XP, so glad MV has its own one now.
The wind elemental also looks amazing and I love all the recolours you did!

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything's been lovely so far, but I especially love the little cloud sprites! I can envision how if you anger the happy one it transforms into the stormy cloud. Thanks for sharing your work!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am glad to hear that the little Wind Elementals are finding loving homes amongst the community! X) Hopefully everyone will be just as excited to add today's gift into their projects as well. Fore, on the eighth day of the Advent may I present:

Advent Calendar Day 8: RAINBOWS+ BIFROST BRIDGE! XD

Rainbow.PNGBifrostBattleSmall.PNGBifrostBattleSmall3.PNG

Was the Heaven Biome lacking rainbows? What about rainbow bridges to reach different clouds? How about a castle on a cliff separated by a gorge and the heroes have to cross a mystical Bifrost Bridge to reach the marvelous castle? Perhaps your entire game is centered around the actor's spotting each type of rainbow? Or you simply need some rainbows to add that extra flair to your waterfalls or after a rain? I have you covered with not just one, or two, but four types of rainbows.

There are, in fact, seven various types of rainbows that can occur in nature: multiple rainbows, double rainbows, supernumerary rainbows, circular rainbows, monochrome rainbows, moonbows, and fogbows. With the graphics I have dropped, we can recreate five, maybe six of those seven natural phenomenon's!

As for creating the Bifrost Bridge, that was a little tricky. A quick search online turns up a plethora of various creative ideas, everything from a simple translucent rainbow bridge to the Marvel Cinematic Universe's take on the Bifrost Bridge in the Thor movies being this crystalized rainbow bridge. One is classic and the MCU's is goregous...so I tried my hand at both. I found that the RTP floor tile on Dungeon_A5 was perfect to convert into a solid 'celestial' Bifrost Bridge. The rest are made from scratch, and made to match the different kinds of rainbows one can encounter in nature. Do you have a favorite Bifrost Bridge design or should I have tried something different. Let me know!

Rainbow_Complete_Tile_E.png!$Rainbow1.png!$Rainbow2.pngBifrost_E.png

MangaB

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bit early for pride month, but okay XD
Yeah, expect heaps of bad jokes from me, but seriously this is cool

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never knew how much I wanted to be able to use a rainbow in my game until now. Awesome stuff!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There was a bit of a hiccup in the graphics I was going to post today, so I had to move some things around to accommodate while I fix the situation. Nothing serious, so no worries! In the meanwhile, let's roll right on into today's:

Advent Calendar Day 9: Teacup Alternate Colors

The cute little Water Elemental Teacup has returned in a plethora of new liquids: Rose Tea, Milk/Cream, Matcha, Thai, and Black Coffee. Now no matter what your drinking preference is, Teacup can still be summoned for the assist! :D In today's post I have included the faceset with three emotes, the matching picture busts, a nearly full walking sprite sheet if anyone wants to use Teacup on the map to assist the heroes if, say, they get locked up in prison or something. Who else is small enough to fit through the bars after all? And what nefarious villain is going to lock up a seemingly pretty yet innocent teacup? ...wholly unaware of the tiny water elemental that can be summoned at any point. XD And of course, I have added battlers for those that want to do battle with this adorable elemental ;)

And before I forget, the Teacup walking sprites were made using the RTP teacup and spoon, so users must own a copy of RPG Maker MV.

Faceset
Teacup_Tea1.pngTeacup_Cream1.pngTeacup_Matcha1.pngTeacup_Thai1.pngTeacup1.png

Pictures

Teacup_Tea1_1.pngTeacup_Tea1_2.pngTeacup_Tea1_3.pngTeacup_Cream1_1.pngTeacup_Cream1_2.pngTeacup_Cream1_3.pngTeacup_Matcha1_1.pngTeacup_Matcha1_2.pngTeacup_Matcha1_3.pngTeacup_Thai1_1.pngTeacup_Thai1_2.pngTeacup_Thai1_3.pngTeacup1_1.pngTeacup1_2.pngTeacup1_3.png

Battlers

Teacup_M3.pngTeacup_M4.pngTeacup_M5.pngTeacup_M6.pngTeacup_M7.png

Character
Teacup_Recolors.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Normally my games don't include cute characters, but I may be about to change that.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whatever will our heroes discover atop the clouds? Well, as it is said, as above so below. Perhaps a magnificent castle rests atop the clouds or the holiest of churches. Whether drifting atop a magical cloud biome or firmly planted on the ground, questions arise. Are these structures abandoned? If so, is it merely from disuse or is the place corrupted? But if it is occupied, by whom? An enemy force or the original creators? What does both churches and castles need? Defenders. I went through all these questions before I came up with today's Advent. For those that have played Castlevania, I am coming at you with some serious nostalgia! May I introduce the...

Day 10: STAINED GLASS KNIGHT

Both churches and castles are renowned for having extravagant stained glass windows. And what would be cooler than if the images in those works of art, of heroes of old, could spring forth and defend the church or castle in times of need? For today's Advent drop I have a forward facing Stained Glass Knight char that is a recolor/edit of the RTP statue in the SF sheet, using the stain glass window from the fantasy tiles as the shield and sword. The design of the Stain Glass Knight was based off of a famous window I found while skimming the internet for ideas. Also included is the window this mimic...? golem...? knight thing springs from. Both the window and the Stain Glass Knight char come with a plain and an illuminated backing. And of course I would be remiss if I did not include a battler for our heroes to face in combat.

Have no need for the Stain Glass Knight but want to use the window as normal? That's fine too! I tried to incorporate a detailed scene of victory for an ancient hero. Perhaps the heroes in your game are inspired by the feats of this legendary character? Or perhaps you are running a puzzle game, and the heroes are studying the stain glass window to pick apart a general area for where some artifact or tomb may be buried? The stain glass window depicts an open field of combat, a 'magnificent' city on a cliff, forest, and snowy mountains.

Tiles
StainGlassWindow.png
Character
$StainGlassKnight.png
Battlers
Stained_Glass_Knight2.pngStained_Glass_KnightC.png

Do you need additional stain glass windows now to populate your castles and churches? Over on Avery's MV Resources she has some beautiful pieces, Kokoro Reflections has also created some amazing pieces, and Whtdragon created a whole slew of them!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Debugging multiplayer issues... I'm having fun, right?
yay_streaming.jpg

For just starting streaming on the 10th... Definitely not the worst. :LZScheeze:

Granted I need 333.34 hours a month on average to achieve money. So I don't really expect that, but it sure has helped my game dev go much faster.
Proud on how this map turned out.

FnmhDLIXgAAOvIC
I just finally fixed a huge problem that wouldn’t let my game load and would crash it.. I thought that I was gonna have to trash the project and start over lol
The feeling when you finally found and killed that one gamebreaker that you could not really grasp before.:kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snotery