Guardinthena's MV Resources -- Latest: Tower in need of Wizards and Lords!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
DecepticonTurn.png
Hello everyone and welcome to my latest MV resource thread! I have a bit of everything, so here's hoping you find some things in here that you didn't know you absolutely needed until now.
AutobotSymbol7.pngDecepticonSymbol3.png
I finally took the plunge and forced myself to sit down and put this together. I know I have more floating around in my computer's folders I haven't rediscovered, and definitely more to come in the future.

TERMS OF USE
Everything here is free for commercial and non-commercial games except where specified. Please credit me, and should you sell the game commercially I would appreciate a free copy. Edits of my material are allowed, but I would appreciate a notice if you intend to repost the edits elsewhere--I would love to see them! Please also note where additional credit is given and give credit to said other users if you intend to use said materials.

GENERATOR PARTS
I have an ongoing project to create a wide variety of beards (hair, accessories, and everything else) here.

The project was to create parts for dwarves but I have been told they work for adding a wider flavor of variety even for non-dwarves.

ICONS
TRANSFORMERS
Because, I am a huge Transformers fan. And, why not.
Also note, this is one of those things that aren't for commercial games...for obvious reasons.
TFSymbolsMV.png

DISNEY
One of those things that I needed to prove to myself. Also, given the nature of this icon, I would ere on the side of caution that it is not for use in commercial games.
Posioned Apple.png

ORIGINAL
Here are some samples of my icons I've been making for MV. The ones here are free to use in commercial and non-commercial games, but I have future plans to post icon packs on itch.io such as a 'Meat Market,' 'Fast Food,' 'Bakery,' and so on.
Sample.png

TILESETS
CASTLE
The castle pieces are heavy edits of the RTP. And big credit goes out to @Bonkers, if not for his sample spiral staircase for Silvertown I would not have been able to do this stone staircase.

Broadway Tower_Cotswolds.png
Castle Staircase.png

Cellar
More edits of the RTP for a more complete cellar. The pieces in this are rough and might require some edits. It was created years ago and abandoned in my project folder.
Cellar.png

FLESH DUNGEON
Inspired by Avery's recent update, I went ahead and created a few entry/exit points out of the flesh dungeon--a corrupted gate and the inside of a whale/dragon/t-rex mouth, throne, pulsating veins, and fauna to round out the tileset.

The inside of the mouths are designed to be used with a parallax, such as sky or whatever else pleases you while the remainder of the map is to be covered using a black tile.
WhaleMouth_TileE.png
FleshInside_B.png$PulsatingVein_Behavior.png

MONSTERS

Red and White Blood Cells to populate a Flesh Dungeon, should anyone be interested in a more 'Magic School Bus' or educational approach to such a level.
Monsters_BodyCells.png

OBJECTS
I had a sudden urge one night that there simply was not enough pottery variation--so I fixed that. I had a lot of fun doing these quick edits that I might do more in the future.
Pottery.png

WINDOW SKINS

RTP Window Skins --I took the liberty of testing this with SumRandomDude's WindowFrameAntiStretch plugin and it works beautifully.
WindowFlesh1.png

BUST
Actor1-1 Harold (Black and white) Messy with blue pencil sketches--intend to clean up
Harold.png

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please add more information in your term of usage:
  • Are edits allowed?
  • Are reposts allowed (especially of edits)?
  • Who to credit.
Always nice to have more assets on the forum. Will be looking forward to your future updates.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Guardinthena I've removed your castle tiles, because Avery's terms state that you can't post any edits you make with her resources without permission. If you remove them from the sheet, you can add the other tiles back to your thread.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@MushroomCake28 -- Updated the terms of use, I hope that satisfies the request. If not, let me know.

@hiddenone --My apologizes for the transgression. I have removed the offending pieces and replaced with with edits of the RTP. I slapped all this together in a rush with my two little ones waking up from their naps, I was not using my best judgment.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love that spiral staircase! Great job!

Also, loved Banner Saga 1, 2 and 3 :)

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@rue669 --Thank you! I was in desperate need of a spiral staircase for towers, especially the wizard tower I made it for, and so I made one. I knew others in the community would love to use it themselves, so I had to share. I'm debating doing variations of it in the future, like wood and the upper half enclosed.

The Banner Saga was one of many favorite games, though that's a bit of an odd thing to through out there out of the blue. Any reason for mentioning?

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love the food icons and the castle staircases! Looking forward to more of your work!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@HalcyonDaze --Thank you for the feedback! I was wondering what people thought of my food icons. I have 100+ that I've done, and was curious about what people thought of them. And I am planning on doing more spiral staircases when I get the chance.

A little surprise for everyone--I decided to draw the RTP actors in my own art style yesterday. I began with Actor1--Harold! What does everyone think? Would anyone want to see more of the characters done in this art style?

BUST
Harold.png

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My muse has carried me in another direction entirely today. I've gone and created more icons for my Transformers set. Maybe someone will see these and get inspired to do a G1 fan game or something, I know I'm developing an itch to do one!

I've created the Matrix with three colors--Original, Corrupted, and Depleted. Including a Spark with 16 recolors for spark variations, and an Energy Credit (money), two Energon Cube variations with front on and side, and an energon stack. All energon icons have been recolored to all color variations I know of: G1 standard pink, purple for corrupted 'Unicron's Blood', Red energon that enhances speed, blue for modern standard, and green for Synthetic Energon.

Left space for my own convenience to add icons in later.

TFSymbolsMV.png

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was recently inspired by Avery's Flesh Cave update. It began with her statement: 'You were swallowed by a whale!'-- and I thought to myself, how exactly does one get to a flesh dungeon when there is no asset material available to do so?

So I made some.

May I present--the inside of a whale's mouth, serving as both entry and exit out of the flesh dungeon. I even went ahead and edited it so that some creature with sharp teeth (an offended dragon perhaps? Or a T-Rex) could have swallowed the party instead. Heavens, I went even further with the idea and edited some RTP assets to go with the flesh dungeon theme such as veins, fauna, blood moss, and a pulsating vein character behavior, AND made an alternative entry/exit point --the flesh/corrupted gate and throne. The latter pieces inspired by the Essentials Add-On DLC and a suggestion from @Pearl484 for more fleshy furniture to match the set.

Flesh Temple/Whale/Dragon/T-Rex Entry
WhaleMouth_TileE.png$PulsatingVein_Behavior.png

Last edited:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you so much for saying so, @Avery! That means a lot coming from you! I never would have thought to create anything for the Flesh Dungeon tilesets if not for your post.

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VERY NICE! now im thinking with all this stuff available for a fleshy adventure... of adding in a jonah-esk escapade!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@rue669 --Thank you so much for the compliment! I have ideas to add on to the set with some additional furniture and a door or two.

@gothicvoid -- It is great to hear that the pieces are sparking creative interest for projects! I never intended to do a flesh dungeon myself, but with a monstrous entrance I am tempted now myself--possibly as a secret level or something if the player fails a battle. And I am curious, what do you mean by Jonah-esque? Like, Jonah Hill the actor?

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@rue669 --Thank you so much for the compliment! I have ideas to add on to the set with some additional furniture and a door or two.

@gothicvoid -- It is great to hear that the pieces are sparking creative interest for projects! I never intended to do a flesh dungeon myself, but with a monstrous entrance I am tempted now myself--possibly as a secret level or something if the player fails a battle. And I am curious, what do you mean by Jonah-esque? Like, Jonah Hill the actor?
Lol nono.. Like jonah and the whale... A Christian tale of a prophet that didnt want to be a prophet and ran from god... Only to be swallowed by a whale that god sent. He stayed there until he basicly gave in. Dont quote me... Its been a while since i read the story

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lol nono.. Like jonah and the whale... A Christian tale of a prophet that didnt want to be a prophet and ran from god... Only to be swallowed by a whale that god sent. He stayed there until he basicly gave in. Dont quote me... Its been a while since i read the story
Oh my gosh! I feel silly! I know the story but forgot the prophet's name!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was planning to release a useless plugin for april fools, but then I thought I let it be.
Tfw every dev around me is using Live2D in their MV games and make me question my skills repeatedly.

Spending the day reworking my maps, especially the first "biome". This time it's not even in the dark. :LZSwink:
Activity on the forums has increased lately, probably because of people staying home. The amount of work for moderators has increased lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oersted_LAL