Guardinthena's MV Resources -- New Monster Discovered: Eye Guardian!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Finnuval - You are very welcome! I had a lot of fun creating the printing press. It began as crafting it from scratch using the same color palette from the bronze stove and organ in the RTP, then quickly morphed into serious editing. I think I might add on to it in the near future with fun word art to hang on the walls, like just doing wood and metal alphabet letters so people can craft whatever words they want out of it to decorate room interiors.

@Avery - That is so cool that you have an old printing press in the basement and that your grandfather use to work with it! I would have been drooling over it as a child! Heck, I'm an adult and I'd still marvel at such a machine!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds awesome! And may I suggest to add some ink bottles and a roller perhaps if you do feel the need to expand further xD

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
More table clutter is always a plus! Ink bottles shouldn't be a problem. But what is the roller? Did a quick search and it came up with another large machine. Is that what you meant or is the roller a small table item?

Last edited:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Finnuval -- Got it! Been hard at work while my babies are napping. I've created the ink blotter and roller, and currently adding/editing/frankensteining/crafting more items to expand the workshop. I'll post the updated material tonight!

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are awesome! You know that right? xD

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Children laugh and toss paper airplanes in the market before chasing after their creations. Other children wear paper hats down at the river while they sail their paper boats. Cute paper birds begin mysteriously appearing around town. The Printing Press has revolutionized the world...but is the idyllic town all that it seems to be, or is the gossip of the womenfolk true--that something troubling is happening at the local Printing Press?

Introducing--Old Printing Press Expanded! Now with more decor: a plethora of keepsake articles exposed, behind glass, missing, and purposely damaged. Origami crane, boat, hat, airplanes and paper flowers. More printing letters in a box, composition roller and ink blotter. Transparent glass in case anyone wants to do something with that.

OldPrintingPress.png

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Avery - Thank you! I plan to add more to it later on, such as book art decor and maybe more origami.

New material! ...Kind of. Sort of? I feel a bit bad about this. I drew up a lot of dog faces back in 2017 and just rediscovered it. Forced myself to get this old project done.

May I present- Pomeranian and Corgi Facesets with recolors! I created these to go with the dog sprites over at whtdragon's MV resources and attempted to blend them in with the default RTP style. They should blend well with Avery's facesets that she has of the default cat and dog here and here.

Happy RPGing!

POMERANIAN AND CORGI FACESET RECOLORS

Corgi1_Guardinthena.pngCorgi2_Solid_Guardinthena.pngCorgi3_Guardinthena.pngPomeranian_Guardinthena.png

Last edited:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Where are all these hornet's coming from anyway? And is no one really that bothered about how massive they are? They have to be coming from someplace...

Unlocked Secret Level--micro-biome Beehive!

It have finally begun everyone. I've taken the plunge and followed my muse to begin the creation of the micro-biome Beehive Tileset. Do I need this for my game? No. Did I think this would be fun to create? Absolutely.

Speaking of creating, the flags are courtesy of @WaywardMartian's modular flags. They are amazing to create any sort of flag you can think of. Please check it out! If you choose to use them credit Wayward Martian Graphics.

Also, I was very lucky that I did not have to waste an ungodly amount of hours trying to figure out the hexagonal shape of the honey combs, as the default RTP had it already it with the sci-fi Matrix wall set. Some recoloring and retexture and voila!

I have a lot more ideas to expand this set but I am curious how the rest of the community feels about this. Is this something that everyone wants to see?

Beehive_A4.pngBeehive_A5.pngBeehive_Flags.png

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes I wanna see it!
It's not something I can use (right now) but I love the idea and am sure it will come in handy at some point :D

I am also curious as to see what you'll add to it xD

KRS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Those hives look really good, It might be fun to have an infested labyrinth or something like that, it would be an appropriate setting for bees to set up a hive. I also really like the printing press stuff, I can't use them as I mostly deal in fantasy but they're really high quality. I'm sure many out there appreciates using them.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! ^_^

I mean, I have nothing more sensible to say, I'm just jazzed that beehive tiles now exist.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! ^_^

I mean, I have nothing more sensible to say, I'm just jazzed that beehive tiles now exist.
I feel completely the same way. I don't know why it is, but it feels like meeting an old friend. Maybe It's nostalgia from 90s video games? Legend of Zelda Link to the Past had a bee pet thing, and I think Donkey Kong Country had a bee level.

olddelo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I feel completely the same way. I don't know why it is, but it feels like meeting an old friend. Maybe It's nostalgia from 90s video games? Legend of Zelda Link to the Past had a bee pet thing, and I think Donkey Kong Country had a bee level.
Oh gosh the DK giant bee, I remember him being the worst. I really like your work, I don't think ill be using the bee stuff in my current project, but perhaps the printing press, you've quickly become one of my favorite RM artists! Keep it up.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bees!.PNG
(Lovely Hornet sprites curtsy of Hiddenone's MV Resource Warehouse)

Journal Entry: Day 19,

My curiosity to uncover the source of the abnormally large hornet's in the local area has led to an unprecedented discovery. There is a hive. Massive in scale that threatens the boundaries of belief. I am currently trapped within it's honeyed walls, uncertain of how to escape. The ranger that assisted me through the old woods perished soon after we discovered its whereabouts--apparently he was allergic to bee stings. Even as I grieve for the absence of his company the irony does not escape me. I am not sure if I am to survive this escapade myself. Perhaps if I recount the trek from the village to the present I will gain some insight to assist me now...

Beehive_A2.pngBeehive_A4.pngBeehive_A5.pngBeehive_C.png

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I continue to support Project Beehive and I am all in for combs with larvae in. :D

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Journal Entry: Day 12,

The ranger and I have made good time through the woods. Following the giant hornet's has not been difficult. The ranger is already familiar with their general patterns, but this is the first he has had to follow them rather than stay away. We had a breakthrough in our search today. We stumbled upon what looks to be an old campground. The previous inhabitants are nowhere to be seen, but from what we can gather they were some sort of honey harvesters and collected a lot of it. There might be something to this village's renowned honey source after all. Also, I keep finding these cute collectible bears. I simply can't help myself but to take them as I stumble across these lost fellas...

Collectiable Bears.png

A much smaller update today as compared to yesterday. Just some items to add to the C tile of my expanding Beehive tileset. I thought collectible bears for the micro-biome would be adorable. Inspiration for the honey covered stump, log, and barrel goes to @Avery. She had created those honey covered items back in XP. Hopefully I've done them justice by recreating them in MV.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha! I love the little banners for the bee kingdoms! And that bee bear is adorable!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@mlogan - Thank you! I had fun putting the bee kingdom banners together and making the outfit for the bee bear.

@WaywardMartian - As long as there is support for it I will continue to supply! I think I'm about half way down with what I had planned for the tileset now.

@olddelo - Thank you for the kind words! It seems quite a few people loved the Old Printing Press. I might take a short break from the beehive set soon to revisit it and make some add-ons.

@KRS - I never thought of bees in a labyrinth but I can completely see that working! And thank you for the compliment about the Old Printing Press tileset being high quality, but I must be honest somelike like 97% of it are just frankenedits of the RTP. Those printing letters for example were the keys off of the piano.

Rose Trees.PNG
(Hornet Sprite from Hiddenone: here under Sprites)
(Honey Bumblebee sprite from Avery: here)
(Flower autotiles from Whtdragon: here)

Journal Entry: Day 13,
We rested at the honey campsite and set out early next morning. We did not have to travel far before we made our next discovery. There is a secluded section of the old wood that are giant...rose trees. I do not mean rose trees as we know, but rose trees, with giant flowers as round as my head. The colors were myriad and the smell beautiful. The large bees were amass in this area of the wood, busy collecting pollen and guarding the area. I cannot help but speculate that all of this is the work of a mad wizard or wizardress...witch, sorceress (what is the terminology on that?) or it is the remnants of a much older primeval wood from a bygone age. Whatever the source, we are close.

Presenting rose trees and rose bushes, or young rose trees, whatever you prefer.
Rose_Trees.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Looking at some classic RPG maps for inspiration... even Chip's Challenge maps for dungeons. It seems like towns might be more challenging on the visual side...

Upcoming boss. Messing around with the tint as it's in a drained sewer system.
Okay... This was an important decision. What to say. Happy autumn. :)

It seems opening MZ with the executable doesn't register it in steam. So on my steam account, it says I only used MZ for 5 hours lol.
Our program, who art in memory,
Called by thy name;
Thy operating system run;
Thy function be done at runtime as it was on development.
Give us this day our daily output.
And forgive us our code duplication,
as we forgive those who
duplicate code against us.
And lead us not into frustration;
But deliver us from GOTOs.
For thine is algorithm,
The computation, and the solution,
Looping forever and ever.
Return;

Forum statistics

Threads