Guardinthena's MV Resources -- New Monster Discovered: Eye Guardian!

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The beehive tiles and the bears are adorable and fun! Great work!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you so much for saying so, Jesse!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Little break from the Beehive Tileset. Fulfilled some resource requests by @Finnuval. I have more assets for the Old Printing Press tileset collection- a newspaper stand with three variations, empty, full and missing one newspaper (for eventing purposes) and single rolled up newspapers. The second request was for a High Tea Set, so I crafted one empty, and two full with and without shadow (for user liking of whether they like it brighter or darker).

Newstand.png High Tea Set.png

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was hoping to drop a major update with the Beehive Tileset but no such luck. The autotiles for honey spills and lava-turned honey are giving me clipping problems. What I have come to you today with is area rugs for your Beehive dungeons! Why? Come on. It's a Bee Kingdom. Did you think I was going to stop at flags? The Queen Bee needs to impress too.

If you choose to use the rug you must also credit Wayward Martian Productions. The bee emblem is an edit of his preexisting flag symbols.

Examples of how they look:
Screenshot Rugs.PNGScreenshot Rugs2.PNG

Rugs.png

Last edited:

olddelo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
listen I have enough on my "todo" for my project. I can't add another race as well, so I need you to calm down with these awesome bee things. I might have to figure out how to make some hidden bee race allied to the elves... ugh this will never get done at this rate!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It has been awhile since I've posted anything and so I've come today with something a little different. Firstly, I am in love with @hiddenone 's Hine Sprites, if you don't know what that is then check them out at hiddenone's MV Resource Warehouse of awesomeness.
That said, I am using them in my long standing game. I told myself I was determined to have facesets of every character in the game.... Every. Character. NPC's included. And given that there were no facesets of Hiddenone's custom Hine Sprites (as far as I know) I took it upon myself to create a faceset for the leather armored guard and I thought to myself that the community would probably like this too.

The faceset was created using the guard from the RTP as a base, then edited and built up off of with some custom pieces. The blue eyes are from Harold.

People_Guard1.pngPeople_Guard2.png

Last edited:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@PixeLockeT - It is always nice to hear that somebody likes the pieces and can get use out of them.

@FrozenNorseman - Thank you! I know you're using Hiddenone's Hine Sprites in one (or your current) project, so I hope you're one of the people who can get some fun use out of the guard's faceset.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I come today bearing edits of Hiddenone's Hine Horse sprite, posted with permission. Please, if you would like to use these follow Hiddenone's terms located at Hiddenone's awesome MV Warehouse of goodies, and mine located on the first page. You must also credit Kadokawa for use of the RTP flame on the Nightmare horse.

Nightmares.pngUnicorns.pngWhite Horse.png

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how come I did miss this awesome BeeHive tileset?

I make a game BeeMaze, now I re-color a bit and use replace my own basic one.
this one looks so much better :D

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@FrozenNorseman -Thank you! I grew up playing a lot of Dungeons and Dragons and the image of the evil Night Mare always stuck out. It finds its origins in European folklore (German I believe). I wanted to fill out some monsters for my game and figured if I'm doing a unicorn might as well do the Night Mare. If you liked those though, I'm doing more edits of the horse. Planning to knock out a reindeer either today or tomorrow and an elk sometime after that.

@ShadowDragon -Hahaha! I have no idea how you missed my bee mircobiome spree either! That went on for about a week or two! There were more pieces I had wanted to do for it but I lost steam when I couldn't get the honey autotiles to work. I am always glad to hear though that they are finding a use among the community!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thumpa...! Thumpa...! Thumpa...!

The heart beat can be heard for miles around. It has drawn you to find its source...within the belly of the beast itself.

Have your adventures led you to become devoured by a whale? Or you are swallowed by a giant fish...that happens to be kind enough to transport you to another location. Have your heroes been sucked into a dark and twisted alternate plane of dimension where they must slay the black heart of the realm? Is there a metaphorical heart of ice or heart of stone that must be thawed and/or cracked? Is there an alien heart that must be destroyed on a foreign planet? For those that needed more for your flesh dungeons, may I present the very Heart itself.
$Heart.png$Heart2.png

Last edited:

FrozenNorseman

Shivering
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Who wants to be a dungeonmaster? Well now's your chance! Heart o' the Dungeon for everyone. Really nice!

Crusha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Guardinthena -- well done on your work, thanks for giving us your contributions and time. Take care, and if you continue to enjoy what you do, by all means. ^_^

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wizards need to stop punching holes into alternate worlds, because the things that pour out of some of those planes are just the creepiest.

Presenting, the Eye Guardian. (Or my take on the Eye of Cthulhu for those that are familiar with Terraria) A disturbing large sprite that floats about, propelled by its own whipping tail and internal helium filled gas bags. Is it merely a large floating eye that alerts the evil army of your movements, or does this monster shoot beams out of its eye? A great sprite for demonic or flesh dungeons alike.

Interesting note, the yellow eye is part of the large boss sprite in the default resources. I began this model by taking that eye and imagining if that boss could spit out its own eye as part of some larger boss battle.

$Eye.png

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be charging for this stuff! It's great work. If you had a *******, I'd support it.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh! That really means a lot to hear, @rue669! I had a friend mention I should have created a ******* back in January when I began making food icons, but I didn't feel like I was really ready for it then. It is something different to hear a stranger say I should be charging for these and opening a ******* though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nallovint