Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Moon_Haven - Oooh! I can see what you mean after pointing that out! I have more tiles I want to add to this to fill out the interior of the Ark, such as a 'counter' station that is suppose to wrap around the Captain's chair or be used as other surface space. I have some other ideas, such as for the Medbay, and basics for a living quarters.

Moon_Haven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's a few ideas of what it made me think of (the palette tone and all the pipes of your tileset are very appropriate for this):

1604874356396.png

1604874397099.png

1604874468903.png

1604874533160.png

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
With permission given by the wonderful @hiddenone, I am allowed to share more edits of her amazing Hine sprites. Today, I would like to present a clothing edit I did to create a Blacksmith's apron and a monster template of a Drider, or spider person, to add more monsters into your Hine-flavored projects. Please remember to credit Hiddenone appropriately per her rules for her creations.

Blacksmith_Apron.pngMonster_Drider_Template.png

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Want to take your gameplay to the next level? Do you want the players to stop and go 'Wow!' Then you need Immersive Ants. That's right. Ants. Just look at that pixel quality! Show players that your world is a vast, thriving ecosystem with these little guys. Nothing makes a player stop and appreciate the beauty of a game than the immersion that donating an event or two does to these little pixel ants. There is a whole ecosystem at work here just below the players feet, and it's only realized with Immersive Ants.

So, if you needed some ants to wreck a picnic for the romantic couple, or for the player to follow a trail of ants to the next great big part of the mystery, (*cough* Harry Potter spider trail *cough*) that may or may not inevitably lead them to a nest of giant monstrous ants (made by the lovely @Avery), or you would just like to use the ants crawling over a tree stump like a certain popular rpg game, then grab Immersive Ants today!

Immersive Ants.png

I could not stop laughing when I had the idea for Immersive Ants, and thought about holding it off till April Fools 2021, but I couldn't wait that long. I hope everyone gets a laugh out of this.

Side Note: To get these to work, use the custom route function, and set turn Up, wait, Turn Left, wait, Turn Right, wait, then Turn Down, wait, and make sure repeat is selected. Frequency and speed should be set to highest.

Last edited:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Who loves mermaids? Who loves @hiddenone's Hine sprites? Well, I've gone and combined those two things. I decided to stylize the edit I've done of Hiddenone's Hine sprite templates off of Irenes from Chrono Cross. For those that do not know, Irenes was a recruitable mermaid that floated around the map. So, the Hine Merfolk template I designed was based off that idea that the merfolk actor is floating.

As usual, please follow Hiddenone's terms of service and mine when using these edits.

Mer_Template.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The bee dungeon resources are gorgeous. Spent the past few days designing a Queen Bee boss fight, so this comes in really handy. Really fantastic work!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just noticed that beachfront property seems to be lacking in the battlebacks today and decided to make a quick fix for it. I kept thinking that someone else had already done this, but I can't seem to find any anywhere, so... here you go community! I did a quick recolor of the Sand in battleback1 to lighten it up to blend better with a beach setting. The images in Battleback2 are also simple edits of the ocean scenes found in the Parallax folder with exception of Ocean2, that is a blend of the parallax image and the Battleback2 Port.

Battleback1
Sand2.png
Sand3.png

Battleback2
Ocean1.pngOcean2.pngOcean3.png

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just noticed that beachfront property seems to be lacking in the battlebacks today and decided to make a quick fix for it. I kept thinking that someone else had already done this, but I can't seem to find any anywhere, so... here you go community!
lol I have on my thread... but i like how you used the parallax. awesome cause you are not wrong... beachy battle backs are rare.... i forgot the main reason i looked... to give a LOVE REACTION!

Last edited:

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Another day, another drop!

Today, I am bringing to the community a classic monster straight from the early days of Dungeons and Dragons, and one that I have been dying to create for ages--the Gelatinous Cube!

For those not aware, the Gelatinous Cube is such a staple in D&D, that it has been said if a campaign does not feature the monster at least once, then the Dungeon Master is not doing their job XD That aside, one does not have to play D&D to appreciate the Gelatinous Cube. Would you simply like to expand the slime monsters for your game? Got you covered. The Gelatinous Cube is a dungeon-dwelling monster that consumes everything in its path, slowly devouring all matter, dead or alive, with its acidic body.

Note: The large sprite works best with Direction Fix ON, and moving at a slower speed. Gelatinous Cube's were never known for speed...

Combine the default Slime monster in the RTP with my Gelatinous Cube and Avery's Slime Bats, Slime Gazer and Oozes, and you have quite the monster arsenal for a slime-themed dungeon!

!$GelationousCube1.png!$GelationousCube2.png

@gothicvoid - Thank you for responding and letting others know where more beach battlebacks can be found. I'll be sure to put a link in my thread section so others can go and check yours out. Also, thank you for the compliment! I thought I was going crazy at first trying to find the beach battleback and eventually realized it was a parallax. I was stunned at first and wondering why the heck it wasn't one to begin with. I made another one with some rocky foreground that I'll add to the thread.

@RyeBreadedCooder - Thank you so much for taking the time to message. It is always rewarding to hear that the resources I've spent so much time working on are being used by the community! And so far, it seems that the Beehive Microbiome is the most beloved. Keep an eye on my thread in the upcoming future, as I intend to drop some more resources for the beehive ;)

@WaywardMartian -Sadly, I've noticed that when one is away from the forums for too long we miss out on notifications. I've also noticed, in my experience at least, that if we don't check out a thread for a long time then we don't receive updates. I'm not sure if this is universal for everyone, but it seems to be the case for me.

Last edited:

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bounce in and out and miss stuff. :p Oh, well, I find it eventually. I'm digging the jelly cubes and am excited for possibly more beehive!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
WARNING ADVENTURERS! Queen Bee emerges from the Hive! Is she a potential ally...or a boss?

I wanted to create this last year, but did not like the concept sketch at the time. I found time to try again this year and loved the concept art I managed to draw up for it so much better. Is there any excitement for this new NPC/Monster? If there is enough enthusiasm I might consider doing a bust and battler to go along with her.

QueenBeeFaceset.pngQueen Bee_Walk.png

Astrina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really, really bee-tastic! I have to use these bee-cause they are simply wonderful.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am torn, because Queen Bee is pretty and the headshot is fantastic, but I saw the thread title and was all excited for Giant Monster Doom Bee. Ah, well. There is space in the world for both and this just means I should try to figure out how to make my own dang monster sprites. ;)

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Astrina -Thank you for the pun filled compliment. It made my day when I read it!

@WaywardMartian -I completely understand why you would be torn. I *was* planning to wait and upload not just Queen Bee, but also a Giant Monster Queen Bee of Doom so there would be variety but once I'm finished with something, like the above post, I have a hard time holding off. I get so excited and want to share right away. That's on me. Not to worry though, Giant Monster Queen Bee of Doom was next on my list. ;)

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Introducing the monstrous Queen Bee we have all been waiting for -- Giant Queen Bee of DOOM! Complete your Bee Micro Biome by topping it off with its long awaited boss! The sprite sheet comes with three animations: flying, 'talking' animation, and the last is the Queen Bee flicking out her tongue.
!$Monster_QueenBeeGiant1.png

Antonio07

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mlogan - Thank you! I had fun putting the bee kingdom banners together and making the outfit for the bee bear.

@WaywardMartian - As long as there is support for it I will continue to supply! I think I'm about half way down with what I had planned for the tileset now.

@olddelo - Thank you for the kind words! It seems quite a few people loved the Old Printing Press. I might take a short break from the beehive set soon to revisit it and make some add-ons.

@KRS - I never thought of bees in a labyrinth but I can completely see that working! And thank you for the compliment about the Old Printing Press tileset being high quality, but I must be honest somelike like 97% of it are just frankenedits of the RTP. Those printing letters for example were the keys off of the piano.

View attachment 144626
(Hornet Sprite from Hiddenone: here under Sprites)
(Honey Bumblebee sprite from Avery: here)
(Flower autotiles from Whtdragon: here)

Journal Entry: Day 13,
We rested at the honey campsite and set out early next morning. We did not have to travel far before we made our next discovery. There is a secluded section of the old wood that are giant...rose trees. I do not mean rose trees as we know, but rose trees, with giant flowers as round as my head. The colors were myriad and the smell beautiful. The large bees were amass in this area of the wood, busy collecting pollen and guarding the area. I cannot help but speculate that all of this is the work of a mad wizard or wizardress...witch, sorceress (what is the terminology on that?) or it is the remnants of a much older primeval wood from a bygone age. Whatever the source, we are close.

Presenting rose trees and rose bushes, or young rose trees, whatever you prefer.
View attachment 144625

@mlogan - Thank you! I had fun putting the bee kingdom banners together and making the outfit for the bee bear.

@WaywardMartian - As long as there is support for it I will continue to supply! I think I'm about half way down with what I had planned for the tileset now.

@olddelo - Thank you for the kind words! It seems quite a few people loved the Old Printing Press. I might take a short break from the beehive set soon to revisit it and make some add-ons.

@KRS - I never thought of bees in a labyrinth but I can completely see that working! And thank you for the compliment about the Old Printing Press tileset being high quality, but I must be honest somelike like 97% of it are just frankenedits of the RTP. Those printing letters for example were the keys off of the piano.

View attachment 144626
(Hornet Sprite from Hiddenone: here under Sprites)
(Honey Bumblebee sprite from Avery: here)

Journal Entry: Day 13,
We rested at the honey campsite and set out early next morning. We did not have to travel far before we made our next discovery. There is a secluded section of the old wood that are giant...rose trees. I do not mean rose trees as we know, but rose trees, with giant flowers as round as my head. The colors were myriad and the smell beautiful. The large bees were amass in this area of the wood, busy collecting pollen and guarding the area. I cannot help but speculate that all of this is the work of a mad wizard or wizardress...witch, sorceress (what is the terminology on that?) or it is the remnants of a much older primeval wood from a bygone age. Whatever the source, we are close.

Presenting rose trees and rose bushes, or young rose trees, whatever you prefer.
View attachment 144625

Hi Guardinthena i love your rose garden so much, I would like to recreate a garden similar to yours, can you tell me which tilests you used and how you configured it, thanks.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The flower garden screenshot (displayed in the Beehive tilesets section) was created using the standard default Outside Tilesets available in RPG MAKER MV: trees, grass, high grass). The flower trees are my own found in the Beehive section, and the flower Autotiles were made by whtdragon. You can actually find the link to that very Autotiles set in the quote you provided. This one here v

How I configured it? Honestly, I just slapped down assets on the map quickly to display the available assets. With some time and dedication anyone could make something 10x better. Did you mean setting up the tilesets? That requires a basic program such as Paint/Photoshop/GIMP to mix and match tilesets. I believe there is a thread somewhere that explains this process, and certainly Youtube tutorial videos that go into detail.

Antonio07

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your help, I also created 2 tilesets:

1 - Rose_Garden_A2

Rose_Garden_A2.png
Outside_A2 of Kodakawa edit with Flower autotiles from Whtdragon.

2 - Rose_Garden_C
Rose_Garden_C.png
based on The flower trees from you Guardinthena

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:
Solovei wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, just wanted to say, thank you for helping me fix that event with the step count! I followed your example exactly and it works now:kaojoy:
still waiting for original character contest 3 bust/face dlc release :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxiee05