Shivering
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another day, another drop!

Today, I am bringing to the community a classic monster straight from the early days of Dungeons and Dragons, and one that I have been dying to create for ages--the Gelatinous Cube!

For those not aware, the Gelatinous Cube is such a staple in D&D, that it has been said if a campaign does not feature the monster at least once, then the Dungeon Master is not doing their job XD That aside, one does not have to play D&D to appreciate the Gelatinous Cube. Would you simply like to expand the slime monsters for your game? Got you covered. The Gelatinous Cube is a dungeon-dwelling monster that consumes everything in its path, slowly devouring all matter, dead or alive, with its acidic body.

Note: The large sprite works best with Direction Fix ON, and moving at a slower speed. Gelatinous Cube's were never known for speed...

Combine the default Slime monster in the RTP with my Gelatinous Cube and Avery's Slime Bats, Slime Gazer and Oozes, and you have quite the monster arsenal for a slime-themed dungeon!

View attachment 181525View attachment 181526

I friggin' love these! Great job!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Today I am dropping another Hine-inspired edit of @hiddenone lovely Hine Sprites. This time around, I have reindeer/caribou to share that is an edit of the Hine Horse and Donkey. It was created for a winter themed project I am working on and felt that I should share the edit with the community.

As always, if using these reindeer you MUST also follow Hiddenone's terms of use.

Reindeer.png

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well community, I'm due to have my third baby in just a few short weeks, so I thought what better time to do a nursery tileset than now? It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile so I finally gave it a shot today. It came out more Modern than I thought it would, but I can't complain. I went for a variety of bassinets in varying colors and with different blankets, diaper boxes by different companies (sealed, opened, half empty, and empty), matching rattan waste baskets (using the RTP SF waste basket), a taller 'odor-free' diaper disposal waste bin, an empty and full baby bottle, and of course, the high chairs.

A clever eye should be able to catch that these are all edits of the RTP with some quick editing.

The left side, if it wasn't obvious, became the more Modern Nursery set, while the right was the beginnings of a more Medieval tileset that did not take off as strongly as I thought it would.

Interested in using these for your game but need a baby sprite and/or looking for cribs? PandaMaru has all that over on her thread: Maru's MV Bits. I even found an alternate baby created by DreamingRach if PandaMaru's isn't cutting it for your interests.

Nursery_E.png

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are great. And very useful not Just as Happy times but also in more dark disturbing settings

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@slimmmeiske2 -Thank you for saying the reindeer look majestic! I spent a lot of time editing Hiddenone's resources and using references to mimic their grandeur. Hopefully others using the Hine sprites will find them helpful too, if their projects lean more towards those climates.

You know @Finnuval, I was having the same thought while making the nursery set? It began with 'awww,' the community needs more things for babies, because there isn't much and those NPCs have families too! Then, as I made more pieces, I realized they would also be used in games that likely featured darker elements or were even horror based. Not that I'm complaining, if that's the game people want to make all the power to them. Resources are here.

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha yeah pretty much the same thing happend for me... Awwww cute... Awwww..uh...eeeehhh...creepy lol

Only thing i am missing tho is a canopy... But that's prolly cause im always looking for stuff for my Victorian age game lol

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A canopy? My first thought when I hear 'canopy' is for a bed. I feel I'm misunderstanding something?

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not far off the mark, but you also have them for cribbs

145277518_max.jpg180091172_b5f69694-5a52-4093-9c8e-e76bf7b1c992.jpg51tF3YNiqRL._SS1000_.jpg

kinda like these. Especially the round ones were relatively common in Victorian times in some parts of Europe :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.
I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg
If you're an artist of illustrations, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of writing, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of programming, you're doing fine.
But if you are all three above (and more) you cannot allow any distractions in your life.
Anyone had school furniture?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattcraftbr