GubiD's Tactical Battle System v2.4 for Ace

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by GubiD, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9tkitsune

9tkitsune Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Really...? Nobody can tell me how to activate the battle system?

2. shadow2k

shadow2k Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    It's an event command.

It's on page 3, under Advanced, Script...

Then just put enable_tbs

If that's not working for you then you have a broken version of the script.

Ok, so this got me thinking.  I had replaced my enemies attack skill with duplicates designed to call common events to set variables so I could keep track of which type of enemy had damaged the player last.  Even though these were duplicates of the default attack event, the system considered them melee only.  I guess that makes sense, but I didn't think of it that way since I assumed duplicate skills would work the same way.  So I switched the enemies back to using the default attack skill and they could use their ranged weapons again.

In short (for anyone else who has this particular issue): If you have ranged enemies, either give them ranged skills to use or make sure they have the default attack skill (#1) in their skill list.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
    9tkitsune likes this.
  3. kynkan

kynkan Villager Member

First Language:
    español
    I havent set up the enemies tags yet i was using the skills to set up range and formulas for the damage, but do you mean the ranged weapon noteags in the enemies notes only changes the skill #1 default attack, and doesnt affect other skills?

4. Vis_Mage

Vis_Mage Novice Magician Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is there by chance a tutorial for setting up maps/enemies/skills/ect that someone can link me to, the main website seems to have been down for quite a while now.

5. desrrich

desrrich Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I have downloaded the GTBS 2.4 with Layy Meta and i am in love! I have successful exported the scripts using your import/export script. And have already started implementing it into a game my GF and i are working on. 1 issue though..and i know you have heard it before.. when i open my game. i can no longer save. The save button is enabled but when i click on the file i hear the buzzer as if its not accessible. Ive tried going to your website, because i noticed on google other people have asked this question., But i cant get into your site to trouble shoot this problem myself. Ive been patient and tried soo many things to try and get this to work. Ive actually found some neat feature while i was looking :)

6. desrrich

desrrich Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello again :) Just wanted to say thanks for the help resolving the last issue. I downloaded 2.4 with the layymeta 2.0 and it worked flawlessly. i can now save and all i had to do was transfer that script into my own project. Jus had to do some of the changes to match my project needs but it was a nice easy process.

Another questions tho. ive tried creating new enemies after the #4 enemy slot. and it seems even with the graphics installed into the battler and the character folder, the graphic will load but it seems all new monter chars are below the tileset of the isometric system. Gubi's site is down so i cant get into hios resources for this. How do i add enemies? i created a new slot. Added the graphic with ANIM and also the $. 3 files altogether was what the other enemies called for. Example. the "Chick" Enemy is linked to the "HolderChickANIM.png" i have a "$HolderChick" and also the "$HolderChickANIM.png". Oh the first 4 monster work great even with isometric maps. After the 5th slot. All monsters show up below the map somehow.

I am running VX Ace with GTBS 2.4 LayyMeta 2.0

7. shadow2k

shadow2k Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    It seems that way, yes.  I'm still not sure if the weapon's own notetags even make a difference for the enemy, or if the enemy's notetags override that as well.  Some parts of this script are not well explained, even when the site was up.

I haven't seen anything like this so far, but it seems it might be related to custom tile sizes for enemies.  All of my enemies are using the default VX character set dimensions and seem to display just fine.  I'm not sure if you've seen this, but here is my archive of the unit setup doc from the website: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40870714/GTBS%20Docs/Creating%20Units%20-%20GubiD%27s%20Tactical%20Battle%20System%20v2%28RMVXAce%29%20-%20Redmine.html

8. 9tkitsune

9tkitsune Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hmm in my version when I start a battle while enable_tbs,  it says this: 

[​IMG]

what does it mean..?

9. shadow2k

shadow2k Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have no idea, I've never seen that before.  It certainly doesn't happen for me when I use the enable_tbs command.  On the bright side, it seems GubiD's site is back up.  You might be able to get some help there?

10. posfan12

posfan12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just wanted to say that GubiD is working with a commercial RPG Maker game maker to create turn-based combat scripts. Maybe he will have new scripts to share when he is done? It's not open source so maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
  11. Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother Survive, Adapt, Infest. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Do the characters move about the field, make use of cover?

12. Pianotm

Pianotm Resident Creepy Dude Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Never mind.  This problem is solved.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
  13. lucofthewind

lucofthewind Suikoden FanBoy Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Question:

I'm trying to make various traps on the battle map but running into a few problems.

~ I can't get any animations to play (show animation and show battle animation doesn't work), anyone have an idea why?

~ The actual trap part isn't working properly either. I'm using the following script call:

#this code gets the current event that is executing
    evid = $game_troop.interpreter.event_id
    ev = $game_map.events[evid]
    #now ask GTBS who is at that location
    bat = SceneManager.scene.occupied_by?
    #ensure the battler is real
    if (bat != nil)
    #then do whatever it is your going to do
    bat.hp -= 40
    #want a pop up?
    bat.damaged = true
    end #close the valid battler if

With this code, the next (player controlled) character to be used takes the damage, not the one currently on the trap. The attached picture is how the event looks like.

Thanks for the help!

Untitled.png

14. Caedmon

Caedmon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Saw this post over at GubiD's page.  Would anyone else be willing to contribute to have a commission done for RPGMV from GubiD?  He hasn't replied to the original post there but I'm sure he wouldn't mind people wanting to pay him :)   I love the idea of having a Shining Force system myself too.  Maybe you can tell by my picture :)  

http://gubi.us:8001/redmine/boards/3/topics/1312

15. Axelloid

Axelloid Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish

How could I turn off the Isometric View of the battlefield and the maps???

16. The Strange Man

The Strange Man Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Question: Is there a way to make a battle have the victory condition of kill all NEUTRAL units?

17. goingnow

goingnow Warper Member

First Language:
    eng
    hello i Have Question if you can help me

how can i make an Actor controlled By AI with note-tag and not with neutral so i can place it where i want and chose between my actors

i just need the Right note-tag my english is not that good i cant make it work.

i had Vist the GubID WIKI page for tags in last few days but without luck

i tried to put in actor note-tage the following

tactics=AI

tactic=AI

tactics=attack_AI

Actor1=>tactic

Actor1=AI

they dont work for me

so if you know lets me know and if there a script that i can add to make it work thanks

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  18. posfan12

posfan12 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    IIRC the script doesn't calculate line-of-sight, so there's no cover. This is the main reason I discontinued the project I started, which was a modern/scifi game with guns.

19. Vaeolia

Vaeolia Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello can you resend the gubid tactical battle system (gtbs 2.4) because the author website is down.. Thx in advance

20. Bub8013

Bub8013 Guest

Hey, love this battle system very much even with RPG Maker MV out, but I am running into some problems, like how all the sprites onscreen are invisible when in battle. Could someone help? Capture 1.PNG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.