Not open for further replies.

rossovello

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
Translation made ​​with google:

Hello, you can remove button to rotate the map?

Zenyth

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I can't seem to access the site either atm. Waiting eagerly for it to come back up! 

GubiD

Scripting Nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry guys.  Website is back up now.  It went down yesterday when I setup a new Terraria Server.  

If you want to join in, join at Gubi.us.  

rossovello,

yes, if you want to remove the rotate feature of Layy Meta, just visit the LM-GTBS Config section and comment out the IF case with the input check for the key you want to disable. 

New Demo to come with 2.4.1!  It will show case a lot more of the system.  Well, hopefully :)

rossovello

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
Sorry guys.  Website is back up now.  It went down yesterday when I setup a new Terraria Server.  

If you want to join in, join at Gubi.us.  

rossovello,

yes, if you want to remove the rotate feature of Layy Meta, just visit the LM-GTBS Config section and comment out the IF case with the input check for the key you want to disable. 

New Demo to come with 2.4.1!  It will show case a lot more of the system.  Well, hopefully :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Taiyokun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I noticed the Battle Start shows up in full for 1.5 seconds before it starts fading. How can you change how long the "Battle Start" appears. I found opacity stuff in the code, but I don't know for to do with it.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How long until the next update?

I was thinking of finally updating legions to a newer version, but if there is a new update coming soon...

GubiD

Scripting Nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Taiyokun,

The show time is dependent on the '@wait' variable defined within the 'TBS_Battle_Start_Sprite'.  You can review it and check the 'exiting?' method for extending the time it is displayed etc. 

deilin,

Great question.  Life has been keeping me busy lately.  I don't see it getting any better for me in the next couple weeks, but I am still working on it as I have time.  The next feature I am currently working on is expanding range capabilities.  

So instead of just defining max, min, field etc you will be able to define the range type

As in, Square, Circle, Diamond, and Custom patterns for both the SKILL RANGE and the EFFECT AREA ranges.   And weather to include LINE from user to target tile.  

Also trying to implement line of sight type things.  Like bows/guns that cannot shoot through tree's/wall's any more.  This basically equates to smarter targeting.  

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I like line attack because i use it for my lances. You attack both squares on direction. The ability to stop damage at the first hit for some attacks and los would be helpful fir some magic thats not arced. A cone effect would be nice.

Still trying to figure out if you can set square zones for special effects (run event or state on actor when finishing turn on a certain tile/zone)

Ryoshu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
does this script support high fantasy sprites?

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Display, yes.

However, from what I've seen "height" isn't taken into consideration much that I've seen for some aspects.

on that note, I've come across some issues I'm not sure about because I don't use the ISO maps in updating.

Amendment50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry if this is a noob question, but are the side battle animations tied to a weapon or something? Or does it use a notetag? I've scoured the script inside and out and I cannot for the life of me determine how to animate my actors in the side battle.

Mage Heart

Level 50 Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I am having trouble figuring out how to make my gun shoot 4 tiles in range.

If someone could explain that further it would be of much help.

Amendment50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try entering "range = 4" into the weapon's notetag. It works for skills, but I don't know if it works the same for weapons (which my project using GTBS doesn't use)

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Source: http://gubi.us:8001/redmine/projects/0_010/wiki/Weapon_Config

Weapon range

range=[max_range, min_range, is_bow?, line_to_target?, AoE, vertical_range, vertical_aoe]

max_range, min_range: numerical; the maximum and minimum ranges in which an attack can be targeted, with this weapon equipped. 0 specifies the tile the unit is standing on.
is_bow?: true or false; if true, allows the weapon to target diagonal tiles within the minimum and maximum range, as long as BOW_LSHAPE in General Settings is true.
line_to_target?: true or false; if true, attacks with this weapon affect all possible targets between the attacker and the target tile.
AoE: numerical; determines the AoE of the skill; 0 would affect only the target tile, whilst 1 would affect directly-adjacent tiles in addition to the target.
vertical_range: integer; optional, the number of pixels upwards or downwards from the source tile that the attack will accept as a valid target tile. Only used by MGC's isometric battle engine, and only if max_range is more than 1.
vertical_aoe: integer; optional, the number of pixels upwards or downwards from the target tile that the attack will apply AoEs to. Only used by MGC's isometric battle engine, and only if AoE is 1 or more.
The first part describes how to modify range for weapons. All done with note tags. So you can change the range, but also change things like if the weapon can be fired at a diagonal, or not, as well area of effect, and some other things :)

Amendment50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can I ask again how do I animate in the mini battle? I can't find it anywhere in the script. -How to change animations for skills, that is.

GubiD

Scripting Nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Amendment50,

The Action Config WIki is probably going to be the place to start.  Do you mean animate the weapon, battler movements? If so then that link will be your friend.

If you mean animating the battler to utilize different sprite sheets, then unfortunately I haven't released much on that in recent stuff.  However, that said, it does now support Holder/Minkoff battlers for mini battle as well as my specific type.  My type still works as it did in previous versions.  So, this video will be the most help to you.  The 2.4.1 demo has examples of various animated battler methods that you might utilize. In addition, here are some sprite sheets that I have compiled over the years that are compatible.

ディーノス

Make a new destiny!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
hello gubid... can we bring the place position without making the event first?

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Don't know if it's just my copy, but F12 crashes the game when you hit F12 while playing it as a game, and not a test.

The code for line 40 of Acezon - F12 reset fix should be: 

pid = spawn ($TEST ? 'Game.exe test' : 'Game.exe')the way it is: 

Code:
      pid = spawn ($TEST ? 'Game.exe test' : 'Game')

Gui

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I have some troubles making my game run at a display resolution of 640*480 using the method given in this post: this simply doesn't work if I put the additional line at the very end of the list of scripts, and the same lines added before the GTBS scripts simply prevent the tactical battle system to work (I get the normal RPGM battle system instead of the GTBS one).

Does someone know a way to solve this issue? Thanks in advance for any input: all of you take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.
Red_V2.png
Red's design is finally finished (his hair is blue on purpose, it's a joke!). Out of all of the compulsory party members, he spends the most time with you. Just like the character he's based on, he presents himself as a simple person who only wants to help others, but there's obviously more to him than meets the eye.
I drew the cover for my new book. I don 't like to entrust this work to someone else )

WM8Xp2VYvg8.jpg
So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infernyx