GubiD's Tactical Battle System v2.4 for Ace

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by GubiD, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deilin

deilin Ranger/Elementalist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Like I said, I had to "fix" them. there were a few mistakes where it would give itm but not display it, or display it though not be active. I'm not sure that summons are affected by passibility looking at the coding...

2. Tsaiuki North

Tsaiuki North Eyes Of Thirteen Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So yeah. my question regarding the OP was never answered.. I tried the demo on the OP but could not find a way to initiate any kind of battle using the demo... It was just text explanation and linking to a wiki..

3. Halrawk

Halrawk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Speak to the girl with green hair. You can either enter GTBS battle, or a default battle scene.

4. Tsaiuki North

Tsaiuki North Eyes Of Thirteen Veteran

First Language:
    English
    negative.. there is no one with green hair. just a guy with blue hair and a girl with yellow hair. 
    [​IMG]

Talking to the blue hair person he explains how the mapping works, and talking to the yellow hair girl takes you to this other map where she's present in too.

[​IMG]

Talking to her again just takes you immidiately back to the starting map.

5. deilin

First Language:
    English
    hmm... the yellow hair girl who was below replaced the green-haired girl...

6. neogeokell

neogeokell :) Member

First Language:
    english
    I am having the same issue. I am surprised no one else is or that it hasn't been mentioned. Anyone have this issue? Any fix?

7. deilin

First Language:
    English
    This is an easy fix

change the line 281 of process action:

if action.item_skill != nilto

Code:
    if @action.item_skill != nil
    all fixed
    it's a different line on mine because I added more code to the script.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    neogeokell likes this.
  8. neogeokell

neogeokell :) Member

First Language:
    english
    Thanks Deilin appreciate your help. Your project looks pretty cool btw!

9. bielau

bielau Villager Member

After that I can't see animations when I use item.

10. deilin

First Language:
    English
    TBH, I don't remember seeing item animatinos in 2.4...

Of course, not sure if LME has something to do with it.

11. Darthrafael

Darthrafael Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I make neutral actors? I'm interested in knowing because I found the setting that allows you to also control neutrals and have them fight in a 2-player fight.

And also, is it possible to have 2 neutral factions that fight each other?

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  12. deilin

First Language:
    English
    This demo is the island map in the demo.

Neutrals named neutral# summon actor# from the database into battle. By default, neutrals are allies, unless commented in the event as enemy. You cant have 4 teams duking it out atm.

Bug note: unless atb (individual turns) is on, neutrals penalize if they fall 1 character. If 4 party and a neutral, and the neytral falls, you can only move 3 characters until the neutral is revived. Results are iffy if body removed. This penalty is in top of your party losses.

If you later have a neutral join party that has already fought as a neutral, it will be AI and not player controled. Use a different actor if a character will join later.l after battling neutral.

13. KotCR

KotCR Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi all, just been testing out this awesome battle system today and I seem to be getting to grips with it well enough at the moment...it's been a year since the last update though, anybody know if more are coming still?

That being said, it seems like a perfectly good and usable system in it's current, though I seem to be having once issue with it that I can't figure out. Could do with a bit of a help.

How can you make the enemy correctly cast support skills on his team?
    For example, I tried to give a mob a Skill which increases Attack Power of a single ally (making sure to include the appropriate notetags to give it 5 range).

Simple enough in theory, except at first despite the target range being set to One Ally, he would cast it on the player party instead, rather than his own team (and ironically, the player would counter-attack as a thankyou for the attack buff, heh).
    If I set the target range to One Enemy, he may cast it on either the player or the monster party (though usually the player).

I went to see if I could find anything in the scripts, and found a TARGET_FIENDLY_ONLY_SKILLS setting in the [GTBS] Skill Setup sub-script (and I only just noticed that "FIENDLY" is missing an R, in the actual script, is it programmed that way, or is it a typo?), so I added it to that list to see if it would help. The monster wouldn't cast it at all then, unless I have it on the HP Recover setting (instead of HP/MP Damage, etc), and a token 1 heal, but the monster still rarely uses it and only if a mob is below 50% HP (which I realise can be changed in another part of the script to 100%, but, universally, which would then make the mobs cast regular actual healing spells on dudes that didn't need it - which isn't ideal - if they cast them at all that is, haven't tried that yet!).

It seems like a bug, but these fixes don't really work, so is there a better solution to this problem any of you are aware off?
    Thanks in advance for any advise or help.

14. phoenix_rossy

phoenix_rossy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Following the official developer link gives me an error. I'm sad to say that it looks like this dev has gone off the radar.

15. deilin

First Language:
    English
    actually, he's working on the next update. RL got in the way for a few months and a computer crash.

Support skills have a few settings.

Enable team tartegting must be true.

Skill Range must be ALL ALLIES, or SINGLE ALLY for single target

FIENDLY is used in the script. While spelled wrong, it's referenced that way, and skill ID put in it.

To better get it to activate a skill, you can increase the rating in the monsters skill set.

There also is the notetag "ai_rating = #" where the # is how much more likely to use. 2 is 2x likely.

However, i'd go into skill and set each skill manually with wht # => X setting area. More likely to take then the notetag.

If I come up with more, I'll add to this post in an edit.

Also, don't forget there are different AI tactic settings. The general tactic of AI is to

Move to enemy (melee range, else distance max range - 1 for projectile)

Attack

next move:

Attack

Run away

Some tactics have the TEAM root, which will move them, have them attack, or cast skill bases on nearby ally conditions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  16. sabao

sabao Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Trying Luna Engine with this out right now. Once I figure it out I hope to provide integration support for everyone.

17. deilin

First Language:
    English
    From what I see, Luna Engine would help with shop and basic windows, but no seeing how it would help for battle. What exact integration are you looking at, in curiosity?

18. sabao

sabao Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    UI presentation, pretty much. That and between GTBS being one of very few robust tactics-style battle systems available and how Luna's been picking up a lot of users, I thought it might be worthwhile to look into. Mind you, I'm no expert in RGSS but maybe I can dig up something useful.

19. Gillyann

Gillyann Warper Member

First Language:
    Français
    Hi everybody, Can we extend or remove the size's limit of the map?

I am working on a pretty big map (300*350), but GTBS seems limited to 50*50.

50*50 is pretty useful when you're building* a big town, but i'd like to push the limits themselves.  :p

thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  20. deilin

First Language:
    English
    Are you using LME?

Also, for battle maps, you risk a horribly long battle since the computer will run from corner to corner, and unless you can outpace and fly, you risk never catching them before the cache crashes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.