Guest Contributors

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Archeia, Feb 8, 2013.

1. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted!

So, a few thoughts:

* Burn-out is a real and important problem and guarding staff and contributors is the highest priority in this kind of situation.
    * In order to avoid burn-out, do it a lot less often. =] Very reasonable. Take breaks. I support this. Necessary. Avoid words like "monthly" that create deadlines.
    * I personally love, love, love my DLC from re-staff, and I try to always comment when I DL recently released stuff. My impression is that in some other countries the etiquette is to comment for every download. Maybe not a bad thing.
    * In order to not compete with paid materials, what about making re-staff stuff more like teasers? Upcoming (possible) materials could get some air and light.
    * In order to not compete with paid materials, what about making re-staff emphasize new and emerging artists?
    * In order to not compete with paid materials, what about creative application of already available materials, like pre-made houses, or non-postables, like pre-made maps? (Note: Some artists have their own materials and could add their own new pre-made items. It could boost use of their materials and help the artist and the users.)
    * In order to get more feedback, what about making it necessary to answer polls in order to download?

Dollars to donuts you have thought of all this. It is a great thing to share with folks. Truth is, so many people already share such a boatload of stuff already. In one month the site produces three to seven resource staff releases worth of stuff. I am happy. Be happy. ***hugs***

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith Project Delta Developer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I agree completely.

3. ashyramoonwolf

ashyramoonwolf Chibo's Keeper

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry to ask it here, i just have no clue where to ask it.. Can someone tell me what are the prerequisite to sell our own tileset, face set, etc... Do they need to be fully completed (I mean all basic tileset A,B and C are full of item.) Is it a problem if some element are close (but different) of the basic asset. (Is there a thread already explaning it by the way? Sorry if there is, but I didn't find one.)

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A