Guest Contributors

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So, a few thoughts:

* Burn-out is a real and important problem and guarding staff and contributors is the highest priority in this kind of situation.
* In order to avoid burn-out, do it a lot less often. =] Very reasonable. Take breaks. I support this. Necessary. Avoid words like "monthly" that create deadlines.
* I personally love, love, love my DLC from re-staff, and I try to always comment when I DL recently released stuff. My impression is that in some other countries the etiquette is to comment for every download. Maybe not a bad thing.
* In order to not compete with paid materials, what about making re-staff stuff more like teasers? Upcoming (possible) materials could get some air and light.
* In order to not compete with paid materials, what about making re-staff emphasize new and emerging artists?
* In order to not compete with paid materials, what about creative application of already available materials, like pre-made houses, or non-postables, like pre-made maps? (Note: Some artists have their own materials and could add their own new pre-made items. It could boost use of their materials and help the artist and the users.)
* In order to get more feedback, what about making it necessary to answer polls in order to download?

Dollars to donuts you have thought of all this. It is a great thing to share with folks. Truth is, so many people already share such a boatload of stuff already. In one month the site produces three to seven resource staff releases worth of stuff. I am happy. Be happy. ***hugs***

Last edited:

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Feedback and critique aren't the same thing and just saying what would make it better isn't the point of either. The most helpful feedback any artist can get is to let them know what is working and why. When we get no response at all we just assume that nothing is working at all and that we should stop making stuff.
I agree completely.

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to ask it here, i just have no clue where to ask it.. Can someone tell me what are the prerequisite to sell our own tileset, face set, etc... Do they need to be fully completed (I mean all basic tileset A,B and C are full of item.) Is it a problem if some element are close (but different) of the basic asset. (Is there a thread already explaning it by the way? Sorry if there is, but I didn't find one.)

Gabbypie64

Aster World Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this project getting worked on still?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu
Trying to regain my will to work on maps T_T
I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cithiri