Guide: How to make something disappear easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA's Backup Plan

Super Memelord DX
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In a lot of what I do, I like to make events disappear and reappear at will.
Here are effective ways to do that.

Using a switch / variable:
NOTE: Variables aren't recommended.
If you attach a 'Control Switches' command onto an event, you can control what switches go on or off in a single frame.
If you attach another event page with only the switch you activate on the 'Conditions' portion, you can have your event make itself disappear.
You can also use variables, but again, it's not recommended.

Using a Self Switch:
The utmost effective way of making something disappear is using a self switch. They're basically switches that are permanently locked in the event itself. It can't touch the map, or other events. It's mostly effective for making events disappear, among other possibilities you could do.
You can use the steps for normal switches for these ones.

Using a Nintendo Switch:
This portion was claimed due to copyright.

Using event erasure:
There is a special command called 'erase event' which erases your event instantly. However, this is a temporary erasure. If you manage to make it to another map, the erased events will disappear.
This is best for dungeons with good replay value.

Hope this'll help!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
MV Support is, as the front page description says, for dealing with problems, and "How do I...?" queries. Your post is a very basic tutorial, and as such it belongs in the Tutorial section, if it passes Moderation. Precisely because it is a moderation forum, I cannot just move this thread there. So...

[mod]Closing[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.
Recently posted a demo of my game online. Now I have no idea what to do with myself o_O What is the reason for my existence now...
I'm feeling a lot better this week. Some of the rules in my country for isolation changed a little, so I was able to see friends in person again, which was a huge relief. Thanks everyone for giving me some sympathy last week when I was having a rough time!
Psst, hey kid, I heard you like Golden Sun...
What is your problem procrastination and distraction? My problem is distraction and get burned out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsallgoodman09