Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
euuuu, where is your source, no one say rmmz will use PIXI js.
Also no info in jap forum
Edit:Ha... i see the doc link!

Last edited:

LTN Games

Code Sorcerer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if its doc can help upgrading MV to use Pixi v5 as well
Yes should help some but my personal game engine project has given me lots of new knowledge since the last time I touched the PIXI 5 upgrade, so I should be bale to solve all the issues when I do finally get back to it.

I did tell you that your windowlayer changes would cause leaks, right? I think it may have been in a different thread but I remember something like that
Yes you did mention that and the guide I made also mentions it was only a temporary fix and may cause memory leaks. According to DoubleX though, it appears even without my changes and simply using a slightly modified WindowLayer class also causes leaks, so I feel there is something larger at play here.

I'm still not able to work on this, I have one too many projects on the go still anf the pixi5 upgrade is really not on the top of my list, but I'll get there eventually, hopefully before MZ's release.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've just tried to replace the MV WindowLayer.prototype.render method with the MZ counterpart, but the memory leak's still there with almost no improvement.
I've thought that this must be the source of memory leak, but now it seems to me that maybe the very adaptation of the Pixi v5.3.0 itself already has some memory leak problems(Now I won't even rule out the possibility that Pixi v5.3.0 itself has memory leaks under certain use cases) :)

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The important part of window layer is the "onRemoveAsChild" method registered to run on the 'removed' event. It makes all of its sub-windows be removed as well. Without it those windows would be leaked.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that we can get the MZ core files from the games here! It should be a lot easier to see what they changed to make PIXI 5 work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just a few more hours until the toughest, most pressure 72 hours of my life, wish me luck guys
Working on some bosses for my game-
His tracks are always so wonderful.
In a narrative Choose Your Own Adventure-style RPG, do you prefer the narrative to be in 2nd person ("you saw", "you thought"), or 3rd person ("he saw", "he thought")?

What's your preference, and why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfredotrojse